• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokeballs Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    there should be an accumulative version of the Level Ball, which takes in account all your team member's levels, and the catch rate would be variant on that. for example, the closer your team is to Lv 100, the better the catch rate. would be good for netting legendaries. i had some other ideas, but honestly, i forgot them.

Nurse Barbra

Sunday + Rain = Craptaciluar.
    Years
    Sparkle Ball: If the pokemon is shiny the catch rate is x8, if its a normal pokemon its catch rate is x0.5
    Would come in handy for pokemon that Roar/Teleport if there shiny. *coughgrowlithecough*

Miseraball: The lower the pokemons base happiness the higher the catch rate
    200 = x0.25 catch rate
    199 <->175 = x0.75 catch rate
    174 <-> 150 = x1 catch rate
    And so forth.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    there should be an accumulative version of the Level Ball, which takes in account all your team member's levels, and the catch rate would be variant on that. for example, the closer your team is to Lv 100, the better the catch rate. would be good for netting legendaries. i had some other ideas, but honestly, i forgot them.

Very good idea, HaloSonic, good idea

Kelp

<3
    Years
    Maybe not new pokeballs per se, but the option to change the colors of the pokeballs would be cool. They'd have the same capture rate, but i.e. the regular pokeball could be green instead of red on top.

Or new pokeballs altogether. That'd be cool too. ^_^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Reshiram Man, maybe it would be best if you had some more input, rather than ask people to keep up the ideas.

As for that level ball idea, it would be nice but level 100's aren't that common in-game, so you could just really make it a legendary ball, instead.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    if they made a love ball, XD why not make a gay ball that works the same way, but on pokemon with the same gender XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Uh... "gay ball"? Maybe just "opposite gender ball", I know that's boring, but still... "gay ball" is not likely to happen.

The Red Chain

Uh... "gay ball"? Maybe just "opposite gender ball", I know that's boring, but still... "gay ball" is not likely to happen.

I think it should be called the "Rivalry Ball".
    Guys and girls alike feel rivalry towards someone of the same sex from time to time, so I think it would be a good idea.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...even better! Then again, we'd need one for the Pokemon without genders too... unknown ball?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ...even better! Then again, we'd need one for the Pokemon without genders too... unknown ball?

I like this idea. With the unknown ball there is a higher chance to catch pokémon without genders. It sounds pretty believable to have. XD

Years
    How about more Type-based pokeballs? as in a ball for every type?

Flame ball- fire types
    Shock ball- electric types
    Net- bug/water
    dive- water, underwater, etc

What i really want are improved animations on all the pokeballs, like the actual net in a net ball, etc. Or improved seals/ball capsules at least

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
    Or how about a pokeball with a color name (like green abll) and it cathes a pokemon of the same color with a higer rate then the rest. Like the "green ball" Catches a green pokemon (ehhh, like politoad even though they aren't wild just an example) at a rate a bit higher than a Ultra ball. How's that?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Or how about a pokeball with a color name (like green abll) and it cathes a pokemon of the same color with a higer rate then the rest. Like the "green ball" Catches a green pokemon (ehhh, like politoad even though they aren't wild just an example) at a rate a bit higher than a Ultra ball. How's that?

This would be kinda hard for some people. There are some people that are color blind and some pokemon that look like one color are categorized as a different color.

Maybe not new pokeballs per se, but the option to change the colors of the pokeballs would be cool. They'd have the same capture rate, but i.e. the regular pokeball could be green instead of red on top.

Or new pokeballs altogether. That'd be cool too. ^_^

I love to be able to make my pokeballs personal kinda like that Ash look a like in the anime put stars on his.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    Weak ball:
    Works especially well on (wild of course) Pokemon at least 20 levels lower than your Pokemon in battle.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Weak ball:
    Works especially well on (wild of course) Pokemon at least 20 levels lower than your Pokemon in battle.

Well that would be level ball, so no need for that.
    Id also like to see generation ball, it would be a ball that has higer rates whn trying to catch pokemon from the same gen. Llike G/S ball for g/s/c pokemon, color ball (gen 1 poke), gem ball (gen 3), precious ball (gen 4) and so on, or something like that :)

Years
    • Seen today
    Pound Ball - Works better on light Pokemon.

Ditto Ball - Works better on Pokemon that share your active Pokemon's type.

Original Ball - Opposite of the Repeat Ball; works better on Pokemon you've not caught yet. (Not the best name...)

Double Ball - Allows Pokemon to be caught in Wild Double Battles without KOing the other Pokemon or Works better on Pokemon during wild double battles.

Journey Ball - At the beginning of the game, it has 0x catch rate. After the first Gym, it has .5x. After the second, 1x. This continues all the way up until after the 8th Gym, when it will have a 4x catch rate.

What about calling it the Nothing ball, as in non gendered

No. There's both gender unknown and ungendered Pokemon. Magneton is Gender Unkown, as in it has a gender, just not one anyone can identify, though, Entei is genderless as per its legendary status.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Must say, out of all the one's I read, this sounds like the best.

A KO Ball is something that will be a big assistance. Especially when it comes to legendaries, and we have no choice to make it to the last bit of HP and instead, end up having it fainting. n_n
    I'd like this, but it would probably be one of those rare pokéballs if they do add something of this in the games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back