• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokeballs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Moon ball-A ball that was said too come from space.It has a moon design and some people say its the only ball that makes catching any form of dexoys easier.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    That would actually be pretty awesome. Painting, I don't think it would work as it still has to have a sprite, but I think having patterns or things to be put on them besides seal case stickers would be cool.

On a sorta related but not note, I'd like to actually catch hatched pokemon in a pokeball of my choice. :/

well, hopefully nintendo can get something through their head....3D MODELS ALREADY GOD DAMN

after 4 generations, still the same exact everything, just new additions like pokemon and items

shot571

miniball:can hold more than 99x of them and work especially well on smaller pokemon
    Ancientball: the first pokeball made...no one nows the time it was made but its made from a unatural substance and has better ctach rate than a pokeball
    protoball:a guy from one of the towns gives it you and he made it himself and entrusted it to you

btw i really like the idea of a berryball...finding them then planting one of them and thhen picking again...it would be easy to get pokeballs then though so it should have lower catch rate than a pokeball why its free
    I dont think it should be less than a pokeball. either the same or higher. to counter the free part maybe special soil it grows in.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    not exactly topic related, but heres how i think balls should work.
    -when you are ready to throw a ball, you use the touch screen. the pokemon also moves around so you need aim. the lower the hp, slower it is. if parylyzed, it barely even moves, and with red hp, it doesnt move at all. pokemon can still break out, but rates are significantly lowered due to having to use your aim...

Years
  • well, hopefully nintendo can get something through their head....3D MODELS ALREADY GOD DAMN

after 4 generations, still the same exact everything, just new additions like pokemon and items

NO 3D MODELS. NO. I LIKE MY SPRITES THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    Seriously 3D is not BETTER, it is just a style choice! You can have your 3D pokemon on the console games, leave my handhelds alone!

Hurr...On topic, we've pretty much already seen in Black and White that only the environments will be 3D. The trainer sprites and pokemon are not, so there is no reason the pokeballs would be. Well, maybe, they would have the trainer throw a 3D pokeball, but I feel in would be out of place as all other battle elements are 2D.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    NO 3D MODELS. NO. I LIKE MY SPRITES THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    Seriously 3D is not BETTER, it is just a style choice! You can have your 3D pokemon on the console games, leave my handhelds alone!

Hurr...On topic, we've pretty much already seen in Black and White that only the environments will be 3D. The trainer sprites and pokemon are not, so there is no reason the pokeballs would be. Well, maybe, they would have the trainer throw a 3D pokeball, but I feel in would be out of place as all other battle elements are 2D.

the camera changes, i saw some top down and 3D like the cities.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    Grass Ball
    Fire Ball
    Water Ball
    Earth Ball
    or other elements balls for catching certain pokemon types?

Dual Ball, after use can be used again?
    Chill Ball for Ice PKMN
    Dream Ball for Ghost or Dark?
    Mega Ball for tall PKMN?

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • If anything I don't really care about new types of pokeballs. I wish they would sell them in different colors, though. The seals are a horrible way to customize, and I would much rather have a pokeball that matches my pokemon's color to enhance the aesthetic aspects of its appearance into battle.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Well, considering they allowed players to receive various new Pokéballs by giving Apricorns to Kurt in Azelea City, I guess they'll make something like that in the fifth Gen.

farage5

The Dead ROM Hacker
    Years
  • It seems that everything else in Black and White is going industrial, so why not the Pokeballs? Maybe you can even make your own Pokeballs! Maybbe you have to bring any Pokeball to some Pokeball maker and he can give you the... recipe thingy. I can't think of a word for it.

IndustryBall
    Effect: Higher CR for Steel, Electric, and Poison-Type (pollutions made by factories.) Pokemon. It would also have a higher CR for man-made Pokemon such as Porygon, Ditto, and Mewtwo.
    How to obtain: Buy for 500p or make your own. Find in itemball.

MegaBall 2k
    Effect: Higher CR than UltraBall, and the 2k part makes it seem more techy.
    How to obtain: Sell ten Ultraballs. Store owner can't afford last three, so he/she offers you a MegaBall 2k instead. Make your own.

TechBall
    Effect: Higher CR for Pokemon found in factories (Like how Magnemite was found in the Power Plant in Gen I and FRLG).
    How to obtain: Found in itemball, like the Masterball(Only one). Make your own.

RoboBall
    Effect: Same CR as great ball, but changes Pokemon's second Type to Steel-Type.
    How to obtain: Given by a scientist. Only one. Cannot be made.

MatchBall
    Effect: Kinda like LoveBall, but CR is x4 if the Species is different. The gender must be opposites of each other. CR is x8 if species is the same, just like LoveBall.
    How to obtain: 1 from Rival. Make your own.

WarBall
    Effect: Only captures soldiers from Iraq. Higher CR for Pokemon not found in Isshu(Such as other Islands (ex. Sevii Islands in FRLG)).
    How to obtain: Sold by a soldier for 300p. Make your own.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    I think the Dark ball that appears in the movie of Celebi (raises all stats to the max)

Years
  • Sleep ball. If the Pokémon you're trying to catch escapes from this ball, they fall asleep.
    Parlyz Ball. If the Pokémon you're trying to catch escapes from this ball, they become paralyzed.
    Remedyball. If a Pokémon is stored in this ball, all status effects are cured when they switch out of battle.
    Soil Ball. If a grass Pokémon is stored in this ball and NOT currently in battle, they recover a little HP each turn with Rainy Day or Sunny Day in effect. HP gain doubles if Rainy Day and Sunny Day are used after each other.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    Dark Ball: Makes the captured Pokemon evil, and raises their power to the highest level.

Well, maybe it shouldn't be that powerful.... but it would be nice if it just made them evil though.

Years
  • Dark Ball: Makes the captured Pokemon evil, and raises their power to the highest level.

Well, maybe it shouldn't be that powerful.... but it would be nice if it just made them evil though.

That'd be cool if it made it impossible for the Pokémon in the ball to become friendly if you had it in your party, your other party members would be unfriendly and possibly disobey orders until you removed the evil poke from your team.

farage5

The Dead ROM Hacker
    Years
  • well, hopefully nintendo can get something through their head....3D MODELS ALREADY GOD DAMN

I'm almost 100% sure there wouldn't be 3D models for Pokeballs. The sprites (Pokemon, Characters, and Items) can only have 16 different colors, and... 3D models need more than 16 colors, for the shadows and everything.

To stay on topic, here are some more Pokeballs:
    Remember my idea of making PokeBalls, so you won't think it's been proven that PokeBall making exist.

WinterBall
    Effect: Higher CR for Ice-Type Pokemon.
    How to Obtain: Found in icy area. Received from a girl named Winter. Make your own.

AutumnBall
    Effect: Higher CR for Grass-Type Pokemon.
    How to Obtain: Found in leaf-y area. Received from a girl named Autumn. Make your own.

SummerBall
    Effect: Higher CR for Fire-Type Pokemon.
    How to Obtain: Found at a beach. Received from a girl named Summer. Make your own.

SpringBall
    Effect: Higher CR for Water-Type Pokemon.
    How to Obtain: Found in a forest/woods. Make your own. Held by wild Spoink. (Spring don't sound like a good name to me.)

Last edited:

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • How about actually being able to choose which Pokéballs my Pokémon are in... I'm gonna sount like a nut here, but I like them all to match... which is why I always end up carrying a bag full of regular Pokéballs...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back