• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokedex, new technology

Do you currently use the pokedex?

• Yes, it's amazing!

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Yes somewhat

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No not really

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Not at all, I have no use for it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
Years
  • I don't know if anybody else shares this opinion, but I've always found the pokedex to be very useless. It shows an image of the pokemon, size, cry, and area, (and type - well at least in FRLG). I haven't played any 4th-gen yet so I don't know if it got any new features but I highly doubt it. I think that cry and size are just for... fun and that the general descriptions are just occasionally interesting to read. All in all, the "area" is really the only useful aspect of the pokedex for me (if I'm too lazy to look it up online T_T).

Wouldn't it be cool if the new pokedex had a feature that listed information that pokemon databases provide?

TM/HM compatibility
    Rarity (for some reason I think I remember this as being a feature, but I don't think it is...)
    Male:Female ratio
    Levels of evolution
    Movepool

I think if the pokedex had even three of those bits of information, I would open it... at least more than the three times per trainer I use it currently. Honestly, I don't think I've even opened the dex in a year or so...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    Yeah it could be useful, I just look at it when I'm bored, and who I am missing.

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
  • I've got to agree. The only REALLY useful thing in the pokedex is the area option, so I guess alittle TM/HM compatibility feature or any of those other ideas would make it 6 times useful, EASY!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I do wish it had a bit more useful information. I rarely look into it unless I'm bored or are curious about locations.

Ayselipera

You made a good point... the pokedex isn't that great when in that sense.
    I'd like to see some TM/HM compatability it would save me all that time
    checking the computer for it.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
  • The only thing its useful for is to complete the game.
    Isn't the reason we all go on our Pokemon journeys is because a certain professor gives us the portable encyclopedia?
    I don't really look at it, because I never complete it anyway. Maybe if i'm curious of a Pokemon and its description, other than that, its just a regular ol' waste of space.
    ;D
    I love the first Pokedex looks, always. <3
    Like people said before, i'd be helpful and a nice change to have a TM/HM compatability.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2013
    hes right looking all this up is like being at school and schools okay but if its summer than who wants to be at it but the rest of it battiling and training but if the pokedex had all those features it might also make less exiting but schools probably less exiting than that so those would be great

Weavile1110101

Casual Battler
    Years
  • If the pokedex had all these options, wouldn't it make sites like Serebii a little obsolete? Also, it is entertaining, at least for a short while, to watch your little trainer sprite flung into the air by a Groudon, or shrunk by a Gyarados. However, I do agree that the "Cry" page is pretty much pointless, and while the "Area" page is useful, it could do with more variety - say, different colours for fishing, caves, grass, pokeradar and surfing.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • I think it does do a different colour for pokeradar but otherwise it is all the same... I would like to see maybe a bit saying scan TM/HM you select which one and it comes up with everyone (you have seen or own i dunno) if they are compatible, Male:Female would be good for breeders, maybe evolution (i dunno kinda takes away the mystery of training it unless it is only ones you have already evolved then there is no point), maybe a breeding group info like if they are in water 1 or something would be good also. and if you hatch them then you also get a steps to hatch counter in the pokedex...

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Back