• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Diaruga and Parukia

Mukkuru

Frieza!!!
    Years
    Ok the 2 newest legendaries from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are Diaruga (the time-ruling pokemon) and Parukia (the space-ruling pokemon) are the main mascots from diamond and pearl. I will update you with more info about these 2 legendaries.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    They're a bit different looking, that's for sure. I think I prefer the way Diaruga looks over Parukia; it has a more dog/cat-like appearance. I can picture myself riding on its back. And it rules time! ^-^

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I like Diaruga as well... Something about Parukia just... doesn't look natural.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd seen them before....but not entire body shots.
    Diaruga is pretty cool. Its my favorite out of the two. x3

Closet Geek

the nerd inside us all
    Years
    I do actually like Diaruga (which is rare for me to like the legendaries, especially the new ones) . Parukia isn't that nice looking, I'm still getting Pearl over Diamond though.

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
    Years
    My first post in 11 days.

Diaruga will be on the box cover for Diamond and Parukia will do the same for Pearl. I wonder how Lucario can be in some relation to these Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    They both kind of creep me out just a little bit, to be perfectly honest... XD I just don't think that they look like Pokémon at all.

But, if I had to choose a favorite then I would probably say Parukia. I think its colors are prettier than Diaruga's!

Years
    Parkuria does look a bit weird, but Diaruga looks like another legendary dog to me. I wouldn't guess that they were pokemon if someone put them in front of me and asked what game they went to.

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
    Years
    I like Diaruga. this seems to be a weird version of kyogre and groundon, only cooler. :) both of their faces (if you look closely look absolutely scary like a cheap version of alian vs. preditor).

Last edited:

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    lol, Parukia looks like a heavily armored Tyranitar. Must say Diaruga looks better, but I'm sick and fed up with legendary dogs, so I like Parukia more. Anyone guess what type they are? I'm saying Steel (Parukia) and Psychic (Diaruga). But I do hope that's not the case. Waaaay to many Psychic legendaries.

mintybobo

>.< So... Hungry.....
    Years
    They look funny... Not haha funny, the other kind of funny. As in funny looking. As for what the story behind them is seems like they might be mechanical(technical pokemon sound cool!). Raised by some evil organization and whatnot....

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    To tell you the truth, they kind of scare me. XD They look more like gundams or something, and I group the scorpion thing along with them. (Forgot its name. Dorapian? X_X; ) But I'm not saying I'm disappointed, oh no. I'm just saying they're different. Much different from the Pokemon I'm used to. XD

Still, it should be interesting. Pokemon's taking off in another direction. Yaaaay. Back on topic, I think I prefer Parukia, but I don't own a DS. My sister does, and she's more likely to get Pearl, I think. XD

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    I was wrong the pokemon anime isn't the only part of pokemon that's going down the tubes the games are coming up with ridiculous mecha-pokemon. I like the pink one better though it looks cooler it has arms.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I think the two pokemon are too sophisticated.. I'd prefer it simple and cute/nice.. like the older pokemon xD

Looking at these two reminds me of Gransazers somehow.. but I hope I'll get used to them ^^;;

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I think Parukia is awesome!! But I don't really like the legendary dog look on Diaruga, its sorta getting old for me...

Back