• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Diaruga and Parukia

52!

Silver Isle.. JOIN IT
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    very different legendaries this time around diagura looks cool. but these seem more complicated like digimon rather then pokemon

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Diaruga looks like some metamorphed form of Suicune. o_O Parukia's pretty cool too, even if it's upper body does seem to vaguely resemble a cannon IMO. XD

~Kelsey

Years
    I think Diaruga is an Ice type from a commercial I saw on youtube.
    These games will be the first hand held pokemon games not to have a grass,fire, or water pokemon as a starter. From a rumor I herd on youtube (that's probably true) They will be a dark type (Darapion looks poison), a fighting type (Cherimu looks grass), and a psychic type (Pachirisu looks electric). I can't decide between the two.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    I prefer Parukia ^^

It's true that they'll be starters ??

EDIT: No, I think they're legendary like Kyogre or Mewtwo.

From www.serebii.net :

US Name: ???
    JP Name: Diaruga

Type: ?
    Classification: Time Ruling Pokémon
    Height: ?
    Weight: ?

US Name: ???
    JP Name: Parukia

Type: ?
    Classification: Space-Ruling Pokémon
    Height: ?
    Weight: ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    No, it's Grass/Water/Fire like usual.

As for the Legendaries...I'll wait to pass judgement until I know more...but it doesn't matter; I'm getting both anyway :D!!

Years
    Don't you think they are giving these new legendaries too strong powers?
    Ruling time? So anyone who has that pokemon can basicly become the ruler of the world using its powers?
    And I don't think any Pokemon could surfive space.

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    I like Parukia better than Diaruga. I'm getting the Pearl version anyways. I don't like Diaruga's look that much.

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Hmm steel-types possibly. Very digimony (gack).

I think I prefer Parukia, but both are hardly innovative. Parukia looks like Groudon, or perhaps Nidoking, with a long neck (that's the cool bit), and Diaruga? Steel Dog any? Actually, it reminds me more of Mightyena than th previous legendaries.

Tonya

Brilliant Loser
    Years
    I like Diaruga the best out of those two. Parukia looks like a pink and gray metal Groudon with a long neck. :\ Just because Diaruga has four legs and a tail some people think it looks like the legendary beasts (I refuse to call them either cats or dogs)...

Back