• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon in B2/W2...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • I don't think there will be a New Pokemon until 6th Gen to announce (IF there is a 6th gen). After all, its the 3rd Game right? So its probably gonna be like Platinum, where the game is having a new form of a Legendary.

P.S : The prediction is right, Kyurem is the 3rd mascot.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Just like you can't trade Unova Pokémon to Sinnoh or Johto, I don't see why you guys feel like backwards compatibility is such a factor. All of these games are on the same system are already aren't fully compatible. I honestly can't see them NOT adding any new Pokémon since we only got a small amount of new Pokes this generation, and they made it a point not to make any of them related to previous generations. Maybe this time they'll finally add in tho evolutions an pre-evoultions? When you think about it, why would we want to have 4 games of virtually the same generation come out in just a year and a half? If there isn't anything but a story change and new formes, I doubt many people will buy them just for that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just like you can't trade Unova Pokémon to Sinnoh or Johto, I don't see why you guys feel like backwards compatibility is such a factor. All of these games are on the same system are already aren't fully compatible. I honestly can't see them NOT adding any new Pokémon since we only got a small amount of new Pokes this generation, and they made it a point not to make any of them related to previous generations. Maybe this time they'll finally add in tho evolutions an pre-evoultions? When you think about it, why would we want to have 4 games of virtually the same generation come out in just a year and a half? If there isn't anything but a story change and new formes, I doubt many people will buy them just for that.

Exactly. :3 10/10 for your post.

Also, as I posted in another thread, there's only 7 native Unova ice types, with one including Kyurem. Think about it... the mascot of the brand new games and only 6 other ice types? Doesn't really add up. There's gotta be more since I'm sure it'll be centered about a frozen Unova, really.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I also see this as being a way of reigniting the excitement of this generation because, speaking for myself, the anime, movies, and events of this generation have been quite dull and dry. Introducing some new Pokémon, expanding the National Dex, and integrating more Pokémon from other regions could really do that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't see why they would make sequels to BW and not have them be compatible. That's one nice thing about these games - that you can interact between different versions. It just seems natural to me that sequels of the very same title would have the chance to connect up like we're used to. Unless they've developed something swanky that will let you bring new Pokemon back into BW I don't think they'll bring out any new ones.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I don't really see why new pokemon = no backwards compatibility. The new pokemon simply don't get traded back. They did it in G/S/C, so I don't see why it would be that hard. It's possible we'll visit a new area of Unova, or a region linked to it - like Johto/Kanto. It'd be interesting to see the two regions dynamic return, but perhaps with them being closer, there'll just be fewer new pokemon.

Obviously all speculation, can't wait for some more information that'll quell our arguments.

Years
  • I just looked today.

All we've seen so far from B2/W2 is the new forms of Kyurem, which would be expected from a THIRD VERSION. I suspect that, instead of giving us new Pokemon (B1/W1 had too many for me to start with), B2/W2 will be a branched third version that introduces new forms of legendaries and thus follows in the footsteps of Platinum.

It's also possible that these will follow in the footsteps of Pocket Monsters 2 and never get released at all.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    My Guess It will be more of a 3rd game effect, like The Emerald to ruby and Sapphire, except there is going to be story expansion past that of black and white, even though it will still have the same begging of black/ white, and there will probably some kind of black and white transformation stones similar to that of Deoxys, but you can only get that stone in the game of matching color, and the stones would change Kyrem into said forms, but other then that I highly doubt there will be any new pokemon

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Weren't there Pokemon that were only obtainable in Platinum and couldn't be sent back?

Technically, no. There was a new form for Shaymin/Giratina, but it was the items they needed to transform that couldn't be sent back. I suppose if they make it impossible to bring the new pokemon into the union room it could work, but I doubt it.

I mean, I would think that since it has to be compatible with older games and there wasn't any coding for any other pokemon, just the signature moves of Kyurem's new formes, I doubt it. Game Freak may like surprises, but that might be . . . a little to surprising. Or predictable, since we're already discussing it. It's never happened, but hey, maybe. I still doubt it, lol.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Well B2W2 have been announced to be a brand new story so I don't see why we wouldn't be able to get new Pokemon, especially since Black Kyurem and White Kyurem can't be in Black and White.

Also, I feel Black and White were Beta games...

Years
  • I think its possible for them to add new pokemon, or atleat some new forms. I would definly like them to add a few new pokemon.
    I wounder is its possible for them to make alomomola an evolution of luvdisc in this new game?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • IDK....it just doesn't seem like they would add new pokemon other then the 3 event pokemon that haven't come out. We are still in Gen 5 and I would think they would have told us every pokemon already. But I can see new forms,like maybe more forms like Deerling and Sawsbuck.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    IDK....it just doesn't seem like they would add new pokemon other then the 3 event pokemon that haven't come out. We are still in Gen 5 and I would think they would have told us every pokemon already. But I can see new forms,like maybe more forms like Deerling and Sawsbuck.

We are still in Gen 5 as far as we know. Gamefreak already pulled the rug from under us once, whose to say they cannot do it again.

Its scary thought, but so far what Mana Ibe said in that old Interview has pretty much come to pass.

"This is our last installment for this set." (Paraphrased like a pro XD) Black and White could be the only ones for Gen 5 and we miraculously moved into Gen 6. While I hope not, its still possible.

We'll find out next Coro Coro so cheers to April shedding some light.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • I would like to see more evolutions and pre-evolutions for this generation. Also, maybe some more elemental monkeys. If they add more pokemon that are not categorized in the above criteria, the number of new pokemon should be limited.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • It's pretty obvious that there will be no new pokemon. We already have all 5th gen Pokemon revealed, and last I checked it's still 5th gen.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    I highly, highly doubt we'll see new Pokemon. This is still Generation 5, not a new generation. While I'm not against more Pokemon, I don't think I'd like to see them introduced without moving into the next gen. It just doesn't seem right. (Though, Bonsly was introduced in XD, but only as a card.) However, we might see more of the older Pokemon in B/W 2 since they started appearing at the end of the first games. But with Unova supposedly having Pokemon unique to that region alone, we might not. But I personally feel like there shouldn't be any new Pokemon added until Gen. 6 is introduced.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Doubt it. We just got a ton of new pokemon in B/W. The pattern is that they tend to wait a couple of years before producing new ones, and B/W was just released last year. So I doubt it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I really doubt they would already have a set of new pokemon coming out already. I believe that we are still in gen 5 with black 2 and white 2, otherwise they would have given more original names to the new games.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    firstly the black kyrum is new From akin to new rotom forms and new gertina forms in Pokemon Platium. As such since it is only a form and not a new pokemon, there was no problem with interation with D/P with platium.

Also WE ARE STILL IN GEN 5 and as far as I know there is no new pokemon data beyound genosect.

so no we will not have new pokemon. only new forms.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back