• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon in B2/W2...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
  • My prediction is that a new region would be added seeing that it is a sequel. G/S/C is the sequel of R/B/Y and were supposed to be named R2/B2. Therefore I predict atleast new areas to be added. New pokemon... Its really hard to say, it would make more sense in a manner, but its kinda stupid to only have 5th gen gaming for like a year and a half. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2022
    well since they haven't revealed all the pokemon in black/white i doubt that they'll add new pokemon to b/w 2

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • As voicerocker already said we have already seen new pokemon introduced prior to their generation in the games such as XD with Munchlax and Bonsly(albeit those games were spin offs). It seems more then likely if there is a new pokemon introduced it will be via the Anime & Movies such as Ho-oh, Togepi, Donphan, Elekid, Wynat, Kecleon, Blaziken, Lucario, Weavile, Chatot, etc.

If anything I feel it will be new forms i.e. Kyurem, Giratina, Rotom, and so on. And to have us jump to sixth generation and its pokemon this soon seems a stretch.

Years
  • Only new forms/formes. There needs to be data for new full Pokemon for it to be compatible with Black/White and as it's a 5th gen game, it'll be compatible with those. Ergo, no new Pokemon as it's still a 5th gen game.

This. Though, they could also go with what they did in Platinum and allow certain Pokemon from previous generations be wild Pokemon accessible during gameplay.

I don't really like to speculate that much and I wish GameFreak would release some pictures or videos sometime soon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well...If you want to bring "Compatibility" in, Gen 4 was Compatible with Gen 3 as you could one way trade them forward. Gen 5 and Gen 4 are compatible with the same logic. I don't think we'll be getting any new "Pokemon" Pokemon as there was very little warning with this new version set and barely anything has been leaked. If there were, they'd wanna hype things up a bit more than this.

(add in Gen 2 was completely compatible with Gen 1 and they could trade both ways barring new pokemon/attacks and hold items)

Though as I said, they've pulled the rug from under us many times now. Expect the unexpected as much as you may dislike it.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    At the very best, we'll be seeing some new evolutions, or connections (luvdisc > alomomola, etc.)

Otherwise, no.

(Of course, B2W2 is already one immense Schrodinger's Game. In which all speculation is considered completely ridiculous and at the same time completely plausible)

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I doubt they will make a new region since it's still Black/White, but I do have my fingers crossed for a couple new pokemon, even if they are just new forms of 5th gen pokes. If they don't add any new pokemon I'll be very disappointed, as for this game they are making it seem as if the story will continue on with new discovered pokemon and a new plot to N maybe.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I doubt they will make a new region since it's still Black/White, but I do have my fingers crossed for a couple new pokemon, even if they are just new forms of 5th gen pokes. If they don't add any new pokemon I'll be very disappointed, as for this game they are making it seem as if the story will continue on with new discovered pokemon and a new plot to N maybe.

Biggest reason a lot of fans don't want Brand new Pokemon Pokemon (Not form, actual new Pokemon) is because that signifies a new Generation, and it does seem too fast for us to move out of Gen 5 already.

The odds of another Alternate Form being released is pretty good considering they introduced Black and White Kyurem as a "New Pokemon".

Personally I'm just worried cause they are getting good at trolling us. If we get new Pokemon then we pretty much just moved into Generation 6.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • ^ or maybe the new Pokemon is only movie related like Munchlax...if not than Gen V was the shortest generation ever (maybe that's why it had such a vast number of Pokemon?)...
    My money is on Keldeo getting a new Forme a la Shaymin, I'm hoping for Fire/Fighting so that they Muskeeters could have all five chinese elements, plus it'll help it fight off Kyurem, also fire was what caused the fire...what if it was Keldeo who caused it (by accident, losing control of it's powers)...that would be a twist...

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Genescet is the only known Pokemon left that has not been officially revealed. I believe we'll be seeing it soon.

Like XanderO said, it's just too early for more Pokemon to be introduced in-game. B/W have only been out for about a year/year and a half.

I don't see any new Pokemon or evolutions coming. MAYBE we'll see a few new formes, but to be honest, I doubt it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • A Fire/Fighting form of Keldeo would be somewhat good. Keldeo does seem "younger" then the other 3,but is also the most powerful possibly.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Personally, I doubt there will be any new Pokémon in Black and White 2, and frankly I don't want to see any, either. If Game Freak were to add any new Pokémon I couldn't see any more than ten, which would be rather pointless. That being said, I definitely think it's a possibility to see some new forms of fifth generation Pokémon, preferably some that aren't legendaries.

One thing I would love to see added to the games are Pokémon from previous generations, but I think it'd be neat to only have a select few (a little bit less than the amount as with previous generations). If that were to be done, I would hope Game Freak would do something similar to Zel's Shiny Gold in which said Pokémon are rather rare to find.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Well, I can't see any new Pokemon seeing as to how this is Unova. However, if there is a new region I could say there would be new Pokemon.

But I'd like to see more forms for certain Pokemon and more human characters in Unova.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I think there's chance Keldeo will have new form because it's based on Kelpie - legendary creature which is able to change forms. Kelpie is a horse which can run on water - just like Keldeo, but it can switch its form to underwater horse - I think new Keldeo's form might be underwater form. Keldeo can't learn dive now because it's focused on being on water surface, so maybe new underwater form could be more focused on being underwater.

Kelpie in running form:

kelpierunning.jpg

Kelpie in underwater form:

kelpiediving.jpg

I wish new form could have tail like on picture above but also have four legs - something like Vaporeon. And I would like Keldeo to look tougher in new form.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • ^Oh, if it does have an underwater forme they should give it a In game event in the Abysmal ruins ^_^.
    I can also see Genesect having Different Formes due to being based on a Robot and a bug (bugs adapt to their environment so it could be like a Bug/Steel Deoxys), They could also give it a Fire,Water, Electric, and Ice /Steel formes so that it's signature move may receive stab (or simply make a bug and or steel disc).

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I would hope they institute a form shift based upon the discs with Genesect. Again I don't get the feeling there will be new pokemon. I would though like to hear mention of new pokemon, like descriptions such as Munna received in Gen I. This way they won't show any new pokemon but may imply its coming sooner or later and we will see this pokemon soon enough more then likely.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Kelpie!Keldeo in Abyssal Ruins is an excellent idea, it'd make that place useful.

And Genesect does have forms already! ...Technically.

I mean, it's just the drive on its back changing color, but they're already existing forms, so there's no way they'll get replaced. Maybe.

Years
  • Let's say it takes place in another part of America, you could have alternate forms of existing Gen. V Pokemon, maybe even Pokemon with different move sets or different qualities to show how whatever the proper name for America as a whole is in that game has different habitats as you navigate north or south. Like imagine an Audino who doesn't play friendly and is quite happy to attack you if needed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back