• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon League? Speculation!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

No, I am quite well aware of that fact, thank you very much. I'm not stupid. However, the tri-type "choice" gym concept could very easily be moved to another gym that you encounter later in the game. It's an interesting concept that was not that well executed in B/W since your choices for beating the gym were rather limited. I'd like to see it implemented later in the game where you have more options of Pokemon to use.

The concept IS best used at the start for a challenge wise. There would be no point to having a Gym like this later in the game when you could catch all of a different type than what you started with.

It was well executed in B/W and done at the best point to put a little challenge early game giving a disadvantage to the first gym automatically. You'd want limited choices with a multiple choice Gym otherwise a multiple choice gym is just retarded or a waste of data.

If the Striaton triplets are back in B2W2, I hope they are a Triple battle. It would be pointless to make them into a choice battle when I can go out and just catch a team of Fire types to battle Cilan nerfing the multiple choice gym.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
dont you think it is possible that one of the protagonist from the previous game will be one of the elite four??

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
The concept IS best used at the start for a challenge wise. There would be no point to having a Gym like this later in the game when you could catch all of a different type than what you started with.

It was well executed in B/W and done at the best point to put a little challenge early game giving a disadvantage to the first gym automatically. You'd want limited choices with a multiple choice Gym otherwise a multiple choice gym is just retarded or a waste of data.
You know, I didn't particularly care for the game trying to force me to use the monkey (which I ended up not using, but I still didn't appreciate the sentiment). If they wanted it to be a real "challenge", as you say, it should have been implemented at the beginning WITHOUT the monkey. With the monkey, it defeats the whole purpose unless someone is as determined as me not to use it.

Another thing I don't particularly care for is you calling my opinons "retarded." Just saying.

It'd be interesting to see the Triple/Rotational battles in the Pokemon League.
I'd like to see this as perhaps a rematch type thing, or meeting the E4 outside of the League to engage in such battles. League battles have always been single battle affairs, and I don't see this changing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

You know, I didn't particularly care for the game trying to force me to use the monkey (which I ended up not using, but I still didn't appreciate the sentiment). If they wanted it to be a real "challenge", as you say, it should have been implemented at the beginning WITHOUT the monkey. With the monkey, it defeats the whole purpose unless someone is as determined as me not to use it.

Ya, except most people don't know about the Monkeys before Striaton Gym. Most don't go to the Dream Yard until after they've beaten the Gym. So they don't use the Monkey at all.

Not anywhere in the game do they say oh look go this way to get a Monkey to help you with the Gym. Most people don't buy the books or read online guides. They just play through.

A multi choice Gym is useless outside of the very first Gym.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I actually don't recall if there's any NPC that tells you to go to the Dreamyard first... it's been since at least last May since I've played through the game. Of course they could stick such a gym anywhere but naturally the challenge level goes way down the later it appears. I suppose it depends on how much of a challenge they want to make it this time around. Sometimes I have the feeling they want to make things easier, not harder.

As for Hilbert/Hilda, the dillemma comes with determing (a) which one of the two shows up, and (b) who's on their team. I'm not supportive of them having all three starters since you couldn't get all three normally in B/W (compare with Yellow where all three starters were event Pokemon).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
As for Hilbert/Hilda, the dillemma comes with determing (a) which one of the two shows up, and (b) who's on their team. I'm not supportive of them having all three starters since you couldn't get all three normally in B/W (compare with Yellow where all three starters were event Pokemon).

I agree with this. I can't see much in the terms of bringing Hilbert and Hilda back. Don't think they should add all three to their teams either as Cheren and Bianca received the other two that Hilbert/Hilda didn't choose.

This brings up the issue on who Cheren and Bianca would have as well. At first I was in support of Cheren coming back as a Champion or Gym Leader, but now I don't know cause Cheren can't have a starter if he does due to it meaning that Hilbert/Hilda would have the starter weak to their Starter and if you didn't start with that one, then some people would have issues.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I hope that the main protagonist from B/W will be the champion, also since there are two new gym leaders I can see that two old leaders are in the elite four.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^ Of course you would. >u>
I'd love to see Elesa there as an Elite Four member. Give that girl an Electivire, girls love Electivires. I still think Brycen or Clay should be there with her, as well. Maybe replacing Grimsley or Marshal. I liked Caitlin, so I think she should stay, but maybe with an updated, better team. Shauntal must always be there in the Elite Four. Always! D<

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
Shauntal- Cofagrigus level 52, Jellicent level 52, Gengar level 55, Chandelure level 54

Cheren- Sererior level 54, Golurk level 53, Samurott level 54, Emboar level 56

Grimsley- Bisharp level 58, Mandibuzz level 57, Scrafty level 57, Krookodile level 58, Umbreon level 59

Marshal- Lucario level 61, Sawk level 60, Meinshao level 61, Conleldurr level 62

Champion Drayden- Haxorus level 65, Hydreigon level 70, Garchomp level 68, Tyranitar level 69, Druddigon level 65, Gyarados level 67

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^ See, I loved that the Elite Four in Unova had equal levels. That's what set it apart from anything. I'd love to see that again. The thought of the Elite Four with one member being stronger than the last bores me to tears. They're the Elite Four. If one was better than the other then it's just saying "These ppl didn't become Champion lol losers". May as well make them equal in strength, which Unova did. So hopefully, they keep that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Noo, Sawk needs to be first. :( Marshal needs all the power he can get straight up! bias towards Sawk tbh.

Also Cheren's gym seems so random in comparison, I don't like dat. ;; They should all be themed :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Noo, Sawk needs to be first. :( Marshal needs all the power he can get straight up! bias towards Sawk tbh.

Also Cheren's gym seems so random in comparison, I don't like dat. ;; They should all be themed :3

...team?
And yeah, it does seem so random. I didn't even notice him in there. I still stand firm on the thought of him not being a part of the Elite Four/Champion at all. I mean, dang. He'd really make very little sense as either. Just because he was aiming for it doesn't mean he HAS to be Champion. maybe in the two years he realized he just loved to battle, and just became a roaming trainer?

But back to the point, he should not be in the Elite Four, and Marshal should most definitely have Throh on his team. bias towards Throh, tbh.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
IGNORE ME I don't type what I mean, yes team lool. Oh and yeah, I have no issues w/ Marshal having Throh too, since he can kinda refer back to what he had in B/W. Also Shauntal having Gengar as mentioned would be awesome tbh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
She should have had Gengar instead of Cofagrigus, imo. All of her post-game Pokemon had unique typing only they had except Coagrigus, so of course my OCD kicked in and wanted her to have Gengar, since it's the only Ghost/Poison Pokemon. I liked that her team had those Pokemon, too. She's the only one to every have an almost full team of Pokemon that had a dual typing only to themselves.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Marshal too me sort of parallels Bruno a bit, which for me means we should have three guarantees to his team. Sawk and Throh (Hitmons) and Conkeldurr (Machamp). The rest could be anything preferably not Lucario since Luke is used by people like Riley, Cynthia, and Bruno.

If Shauntal stays I would absolutely do not want Gengar on her team. Yes Gengar is one of my favs but has been used in the Elite Four twice already with Agatha has used two and Karen had one. Cofagrigus is perfectly fine on her team imo. I actually thought she had a pretty well balanced team already, so I don't really see the need for a Gengar.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well she was pretty weak when I faced her :x I think having the extra power from Gengar would really make her a more formidable opponent.

Back