• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon League? Speculation!

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
I'm looking forward to seeing Alder retired. Maybe Cherin would make a good champion, he was hard to defeat during the endgame. I hope they add new members to the E4 too, but keep the same battle format. I despise triple battles, and don't really care for double battles. And I like being able to choose who I can battle.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Well that'd make sense to me, considering how hard he was to beat in B/W, I think he'd suit the champion role perfectly tbh. I also think his team wouldn't need much changing from B/W to be a tough champion >>

I would say remover the starter and monkey from his team, though. I mean, those two were completely dependent on which starter Pokemon you chose in Black and White. Maybe giving him two, even more difficult Pokemon would do well. Like maybe one of the older Pokemon in his team now that those Pokemon have appeared in the region.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would say remover the starter and monkey from his team, though. I mean, those two were completely dependent on which starter Pokemon you chose in Black and White. Maybe giving him two, even more difficult Pokemon would do well. Like maybe one of the older Pokemon in his team now that those Pokemon have appeared in the region.
You mean similar to how Blue lost his starter in the remakes, that could be. If he was to gain two new Pokemon I'll like for him to gain Metagross and Milotic (That would be a total RS remake hint) seeing how they are both quite strong, plus multiple champs have had them such as Steven, Cynthia (Pt), and Wallace.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'd even go farther to rework his team. I found Liepard to be extremely weak and useless imo. And there is better flying types to use other then Unfezant.

So I'd like to see a team like this.
526.gif
612.gif
472.gif
365.gif
212.gif
059.gif

He has a lot of type coverage and it also spans every gen. Although I might replace Gigalith as well although I like it.

You mean similar to how Blue lost his starter in the remakes, that could be. If he was to gain two new Pokemon I'll like for him to gain Metagross and Milotic (That would be a total RS remake hint) seeing how they are both quite strong, plus multiple champs have had them such as Steven, Cynthia (Pt), and Wallace.
Only problem I have with Metagross is Caitlin was using one in the prior game, pending she is in the Elite Four still.

I'm all for Cheren being the Champ, I'd rather have him there as opposed to the rival. Anyone else have any idea what you would want the Champs team to look like?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm all for Cheren being the Champ, I'd rather have him there as opposed to the rival. Anyone else have any idea what you would want the Champs team to look like?

I'd love to see Cheren as the champ, but with Haxorus, Gigalith, Arcanine, Magnezone, Umbreon, and I could see him with a Conkeldurr, to be honest. Maybe like, as an ode to Marshal.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'd love to see Cheren as the champ, but with Haxorus, Gigalith, Arcanine, Magnezone, Umbreon, and I could see him with a Conkeldurr, to be honest. Maybe like, as an ode to Marshal.
As the champ, I would at least like to see him stick with his starter. He went throughout his whole journey with it, and it would be great if he kept it at such a high rank. But that's to say if Cheren will even be the new champion.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I think if they did still have Marshal that Conkeldurr would still be on his team and Cheren would have a different choice. Now if Marshal wasn't there I'd love too see a Fighting type on his team. Anything would be an upgrade from BW imo.

As the champ, I would at least like to see him stick with his starter. He went throughout his whole journey with it, and it would be great if he kept it at such a high rank. But that's to say if Cheren will even be the new champion.
Then I assume the starter would be determined on the one you picked?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I think if they did still have Marshal that Conkeldurr would still be on his team and Cheren would have a different choice. Now if Marshal wasn't there I'd love too see a Fighting type on his team. Anything would be an upgrade from BW imo.

Then I assume the starter would be determined on the one you picked?

He needs an upgrade for sure. Unfezant and Liepard are cool Pokemon, but for a Champion, not so much.

And if he were to get a starter Pokemon based off of which we chose, it'd just feel too much like a rival again.

I think Marshal should retire from the Elite Four, though. He was cool and kind and all that jazz, but he seems more like the type of guy who would rather travel than stay in one spot.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
He needs an upgrade for sure. Unfezant and Liepard are cool Pokemon, but for a Champion, not so much.

And if he were to get a starter Pokemon based off of which we chose, it'd just feel too much like a rival again.

I think Marshal should retire from the Elite Four, though. He was cool and kind and all that jazz, but he seems more like the type of guy who would rather travel than stay in one spot.
Well to be honest with you I see nothing wrong with the starter being based off of what we choose (and the rival's choice as well) considering we don't have two rivals this time. Plus Cheren would be much stronger than he was before, so it will hardly feel very rivalry. Unless you think back to Black and White I guess.

As for Marshal, why would you want him to retire? :[ He was still Alder's apprentice, and two years later you think he would be a lot stronger and well trained. I could see him as a Frontier Brain though (if there happens to be a Battle Frontier).

Guy

just a guy
Years
With new gym leaders being introduced, I think it's safe to say it's very possible we could see a slight change in the Elite 4. Maybe not a complete overhaul, but perhaps a previous gym leader could be seen as a new Elite 4 Member much like Koga in GSC / HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Drayden could be that gym leader who takes on an Elite position, while Iris gets complete ownership of the Opelucid Gym.

Also, I'll put myself next to those who say Alder should be retired and Cheren should be the next Champion of Unova. After two years, it'd make sense for Alder to have retired so we can get a new Champion, and Cheren just makes the most sense to be his replacement. Cheren's team would need a bit of a revamp though, and as you would expect, we could probably battle Alder at a later point in the game.

Some other minor changes I'd like to see are the Elite 4 gaining back five Pokémon on their roster and adjusting their teams so it'll include some of the older Pokémon.

...and I'm not going to lie, but I wouldn't mind if they revert back to a set order in how you battle the Elite. Having each of the members at equal strength just lessened the challenge in my opinion. I liked it better when the next member gradually got stronger as you defeated the one before.

Now, if they can do this all the while letting you choose the order of which you battle the Elite, then I think it'll be a win/win situation.

As for Marshal, why would you want him to retire? :[ He was still Alder's apprentice, and two years later you think he would be a lot stronger and well trained. I could see him as a Frontier Brain though (if there happens to be a Battle Frontier).
Oh yes! If a Battle Frontier does happen to be introduced, then I wouldn't mind some of Elite Members becoming Frontier Brains just so we could get further changes with the Elite 4. I question though, would Caitlin go back as one of those Frontier Brains, considering she was one previously?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
@Kaori: Actually he never felt like much of an Elite Four kinda guy. Battle Frontier I could most certainly see him in, but the only reason I though he could be an Elite Four member was only because he was Alder's student. Idk, I just wouldn't mind seeing him out of the Elite Four. Plus, like Aerilyn said, I think if they brought another Battle Facility, some of the current Elite Four members would really be fun to see there.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Alder needs to go. Didn't care for Marshal, but he or Cheren seem the next obvious in line to be Champion, as much as I would like to see another female champion, I just don't think Bianca's up to the task.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@ Cheren champion: perhaps he could have three sets of teams created around what your starter was. Why place such a big emphasis on that in B/W yet kinda ditch that in B2W2 in the Elite Four? :x

And... yeah Bianca would not be the smartest champion lool.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2012
It has only been a couple of years between both games, so I imagine that not much will change. But then again, alot has happened in that time span (freezing of half the region, new towns with new gyms, etc.). If anything I imagine that they will change up some of the elite four like they did with Gold and Silver, but that would kind of mess up the "balance theme" that the Unova elite four was based upon (fighting>dark>ghost>psychic>...), so at best I imagine just a change in the champion if anything. I honestly don't know what to expect, but we will just have to wait and see.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well there could always be a "new" balance. Keep some and change it up, like normal > fighting > psychic > dark. Skip one, etc. Orrrrr Flying > Rock > Fighting > Psychic, to keep half of B/W's sorta.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
@ Cheren: Or they could do what they did with Gary/Blue/whatever his name is in the 2nd gen games, and give him the three grass/water/fire Pokemon he uses in lieu of the starter. Of course, the problem with this would be that he'd have two monkeys, but he could replace one with one of the new Pokedex additions.

Don't know who would make a good female Champion, though. However, if a Gym Leader or two were to pull a Koga and get promoted, I would support either Elesa or Clay. Or both.

Also hoping Shauntal still has some role in the games if she's no longer in the E4.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well there could always be a "new" balance. Keep some and change it up, like normal > fighting > psychic > dark. Skip one, etc. Orrrrr Flying > Rock > Fighting > Psychic, to keep half of B/W's sorta.
Even though I'm not expecting much of an overhaul with the Elite, one thing I'd really hope for is that the "new" balance they introduced in Black and White were to be removed. I actually preferred it when the Elite specified in specific types, but they never had a balance to once another. They were just random types.

I don't know, but I like the diversity in an Elite. Somehow I felt like even though each of these Elite members focused on their own typing, it somehow felt all the same. Maybe it's just me? I don't know.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Even though I'm not expecting much of an overhaul with the Elite, one thing I'd really hope for is that the "new" balance they introduced in Black and White were to be removed. I actually preferred it when the Elite specified in specific types, but they never had a balance to once another. They were just random types.

I don't know, but I like the diversity in an Elite. Somehow I felt like even though each of these Elite members focused on their own typing, it somehow felt all the same. Maybe it's just me? I don't know.
I agree! None of the Elite Members had great diversity at all. Plus 3 of the Elites were in the dark/psychic/ghost area. I felt like this made the excitement of challenging the Elite Four more gloomy than anything. They didn't really have me pumped, and I hope that the diversity in the Elite Four is much better within these sequels. u_u

Back