• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon or Forme Confirmed!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    sorry to say this, but that information is a little.... biased? ... it's not looking at every possible meaning of the sentence(s) :/ That does not confirm that something new is going to come out. The most I can say about that is that you can speculate that since the past two movies have had something "new" there is a good chance that they could have something new in there... but the fact is that 登場 is being translated to mean one thing only, when it does not only apply to overall new things... sure, there is a good change that it is, but nothing has been confirmed yet :(

I honestly trust you when it comes to translating Japanese so I would seriously take that into consideration everyone. Just like Heatran and Regigigas had those coin thingys, and the trailer showed Ho oh and Lugia so I dont think we should count them out just yet. And all of the major sites have contributed to the hype when they all came out to be wrong about the same thing before.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I am pessimistic, but the furthest I would guess are the special Pichu(s)

Nothing's confirmed yet. All we can assume is that the two question marks are in the movie.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • They may also include a new legendary dog.

Like Regirock, Regice and Registeel and they give ...Regigigas?

...I don't think I want to see something like that. XD;

I really hope it is a new Pokemon but not a new forme (except the Dark Celebi, lol).

If it is really a 5th Gen Pokemon, I would be really excited. :D

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I doubt it's a new forme, unless of course you consider these "dark" or "Z" Pokemon to be formes. If anything, it'll most likely be alterations of already known Pokemon JUST for the movie and not something that would appear in games. Otherwise, it would be quite strange to include new Formes in this movie and not even have a hint of them in the games (especially considering how lately, the games and movies have had a good amount of connectivity.)

Though, I really am hoping they are new Pokemon shown in the same fashion Donphan was in the first movie. Wouldn't be surprised if it was possibly one or two new Pokemon along with a different Forme also. Either way, I highly doubt it'll be a new legendary and I really hope it's not some Celebi Forme. >_<

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
  • Might be a egg pokemon like how togepi was revealed in the anime, nobody had a clue what it was until the johto series.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    sorry to say this, but that information is a little.... biased? ... it's not looking at every possible meaning of the sentence(s) :/ That does not confirm that something new is going to come out. The most I can say about that is that you can speculate that since the past two movies have had something "new" there is a good chance that they could have something new in there... but the fact is that 登場 is being translated to mean one thing only, when it does not only apply to overall new things... sure, there is a good change that it is, but nothing has been confirmed yet :(

definetly agreed here i put my votes on it prolly just being hooh and lugia

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I wonder....possibly Lugia and Ho-oh will get new formes? As there are two released together, it suggests to me that these will be two Pokemon that will be equal in some way (e.g. Ho-oh and Lugia/ Groudon and Kyogre) I doubt it will be starters, as I'd expect them to be all released together, so as to not create an unbalanced feel.

Perhaps two fresh Eeveelutions? Maybe two version exclusives? We'll just have to see :D
    I understand your reasoning about the Lugia/Ho-oH formes. However, I would think that it would be better just to release new legendaries, but then when has Nintendo been known for originality and new releases with every game.. XD;

NO. NO. NO MORE EEVEELUTIONS. 7 IS ENOUGH! COME ON, WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE. *Breathes Maniacaly*

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have been checking every site constantly to find more info on this. Its driving me insane. Guess we just have to wait for Coro Coro, but I cant remember if they do things on movies in that magizine...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I have been checking every site constantly to find more info on this. Its driving me insane. Guess we just have to wait for Coro Coro, but I cant remember if they do things on movies in that magizine...
    I'm pretty sure Coro Coro do specials on all the Pokemon news - games and movies. Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see really.

Edit:
    Pokebeach said:
    It has been brought to our attention that there was a major translation error in the sticker advertisement story we posted the other day. Instead of the advertisement reading "plus a Pokemon that's introduced in the movie," it should be read "plus a Pokemon that appears in the movie."

So, it looks like the Pokemon will only appear in the movie. It then might a be a one time thing..

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    From Pokebeach
    Spoiler:

Ugh, this article is so bibolar to me. It still has me excited to know what Coro Coro and Pokemn Sunday are going to reveal. And the thing about a mis translation is no surprise but it doesnt count out anything yet... Just learn to not be too optimistic when it comes to the Pokemon franchise.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    It's very likely that something like formes will be present, if not actual formes. Just look at the cloned Pokemon in the first movie: visibly identical except for new markings. The movies have a tendency to differentiate important Pokemon via markings or physical corruption. From what I've heard and read on some Japanese sites, Ho-Oh and Lugia may have dark formes of a kind. We're not too far off in thinking of a "dark" Celebi.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • it could be a 5th gen pokemon, like they did with the lucario movie. I would like to see dark celebi return from the 4th movie :D that would be bad ass

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I really don't want new evolutions of existing Pokemon. Just new Pokemon, like they did when they first introduced Lucario in the movie: Lucario & The Mystery of Mew.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The only thing that convinces me that there will be a new pokemon still is the "Z" in the title of the movie. Its not like a Human has ever been the title of a Pokemon move...

Back