• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon Silhouette on Pokmon Sunday [July 11]

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    ^^ My thoughts exactly.

Magma already mentioned it being flying/fighting and that would be a good idea too since most birds are annoyingly normal/fying. If this one isn't a mamepato evo, then there could be a chance it will be the first pure flying type.........a boy can dream, can't he?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    New Pokemon Silhouette on Pokmon Sunday [July 11]

I am bad at making silhouettes, but I hope you see the resemblance.

Oh and I would like to bring up that Spearow is based off a falcon.

From Bulbapedia:
    It has been suggested that Spearow resembles a falcon of some sort rather than a sparrow.

With this being said it would make sense for Fearow to become more Falcon like. We would have to deal with everyone naming it Captain though.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    In your comparison Mistah Dude, to me it looks too small to be a fearow evo, I could be wrong. I am thinking that if it is somehow related to fearow that it could be another evo of spearow. Like with Kirlia and Gardevoir/Gallade.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    New Pokemon Silhouette on Pokmon Sunday [July 11]

I am bad at making silhouettes, but I hope you see the resemblance.

Oh and I would like to bring up that Spearow is based off a falcon.

From Bulbapedia:

With this being said it would make sense for Fearow to become more Falcon like. We would have to deal with everyone naming it Captain though.
    That's interesting so is it based on both a sparrow and a falcon :)

Years
    I never actually said it wasn't it, I said that unless there's a concept behind how it would evolve into an eagle(since face it, it is sort of a drastic change, from how I see it), that it's doubtful that this particular Pokemon would be an evo, although not impossible(meaning there's some alteration somewhere. I haven't really read up on Fearow's origins, so I might be missing something).

i see what you mean, but its not that drastic if you think of some of the evos they've made. look at Carvahna & Sharpedo, two completely different species of fish but they are both well-known for the same thing; eating people. Fearow's a bird of prey, and this guy's talons scream bird of prey so im just sayin.

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
    I've a feeling it's gonna be part-Flying… :P

Looks really cool and ferocious, :)
    Probably going to be the evolution of Mamepato and confirm to everyone that Isshu IS based in NYC… pidgeons and bald eagles
    (I know there's no bald eagles pretty much anywhere in the US now, but they're still the national emblem. Damn murderers! :()

To whoever suggested that it is Fearow's evolution: I honestly believe that there's a bigger chance of the Pokémon creators making Fearow evolve into Ho-Oh instead… I mean, if all you're basing yourself in is a very slight similarity, you're better off putting your money on Ho-Oh! :P

Years
    I've a feeling it's gonna be part-Flying… :P

Looks really cool and ferocious, :)
    Probably going to be the evolution of Mamepato and confirm to everyone that Isshu IS based in NYC… pidgeons and bald eagles
    (I know there's no bald eagles pretty much anywhere in the US now, but they're still the national emblem. Damn murderers! :()

To whoever suggested that it is Fearow's evolution: I honestly believe that there's a bigger chance of the Pokémon creators making Fearow evolve into Ho-Oh instead… I mean, if all you're basing yourself in is a very slight similarity, you're better off putting your money on Ho-Oh! :P
    Just because they have a Eagle and pidgeons doesn't actuary work as proof of t being based on NY as we had rhinos and Ostriches in gen 1 and that wasn't Africa :P
    Though I still believe it's in NY but that doesn't work as good proof.

Years
    Roost doesnt drop Flying type, they are still weak to Electric, Ice, and such, it simply makes them susceptible to Ground type moves. just like how Foresight makes Ghost types susceptible to Fighting and Normal types. Pirahna→Shark makes less sense than (whatever bird Fearow is)→Falcon/Eagle?

Years
    Roost doesnt drop Flying type, they are still weak to Electric, Ice, and such, it simply makes them susceptible to Ground type moves. just like how Foresight makes Ghost types susceptible to Fighting and Normal types. Pirahna→Shark makes less sense than (whatever bird Fearow is)→Falcon/Eagle?
    ...Actually it does drop flying, and I know because I use the move when I am weak on energy and I'm about to be attacked by Ice and it isn't SF any more :P

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    Looks pretty cool, I like it.
    I think it'll be related to Memepato.

Resembles domr kind of eagle, definitely.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire is correct about roost.

The first thing I thought from the silhouette was a vulture.

Years
    It should be known that Sharks do not prey on humans. They've gotten the label "man-eaters" simply due to misunderstanding. You have to realize that sharks are near-blind, and only see our silhouettes from underwater. To them, we look like seals or their normal prey. This is how most shark attacks occur. It's simply due to misunderstanding, it's not what they're known for.

Plus, like a previous poster said, it seems as if this Pokemon is a tad bit too small to be a Fearow evolution, but I don't know. You do have a point by saying that these are both birds of prey, but one doesn't automatically jump to the other unless there's some legend that I'm missing or something, and it's not definite that this certain Pokemon is a falcon or an eagle.

they are merely well-known for it due to movies such as "Jaws". i didnt say they do it on purpose, sorry if it sounded like i did. they look about the same size to me, only they seem to emphasize on the other bird's size somehow. its not certain, but its a high possibility its one of those two.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    oh...well my bad, im still learning about 4th gen moves. if they do ever want to make a pure flying type, then they might need to fix that...
    Not really. Just make every type neutral for that turn.

Twilight Sky, it does erase the flying type. I promise.

Quoted from Bulbapedia:

Roost restores half of the user's maximum HP. If the user is a Flying-type, it will lose its Flying-type (thus being treated as a single-type Pokémon) until the next turn. If a non-Flying-type uses Roost, then there are no additional side-effects.

Years
    Well I think if we ever have a pure flying type it has to be some type of creature that continues flying forever without rest and doesn't look like a dragon,bat,ect...

Back