• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon Silhouette on Pokmon Sunday [July 11]

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Kinda looks like Spearow but I'm sure it's an eagle. Would be awesome if it was Flying/Electric.
    When I first saw the Silhouette not too long ago, that's the first type that ran through my mind, a Flying/Electric type. The only other type Pokémon that had that was Zapdos, who's a legendary Pokémon. It'd be cool to have a non-legendary take role of that duo type again. On the other hand, it could be another legendary for this generation being revealed early.

However, my mind has also drifted to the possibility of it being the region's main bird Pokémon's third stage in evolution. If so, then it's going to be pretty sick and possibly one of the best designed Pokémon for a region's Flying type.

I'm going with the Eagle/Griffin thought though. From it's large look and feathers nearing the claws, it can take that aspect I'd think.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    At first i thought about Tumbler pigeon from its legs, but now it seems more eagle-ish.
    Looks like Mamepato's final evolution and it has resemblance to Hatoopoo.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It looks awesome. I really do think it is an evo of that pigeon pokemon.
    I hope it's a Flying/Fighting or just flying, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    If it's an eagle then from its stance it looks pretty strong. It could be Mamepato's 3rd evo, I haven't seen the second yet I think, but from the way it appears I wouldn't say so. This looks like a totally new bird that could turn out to be pretty strong. Gen 1 had Pidgey, Spearow, and Aerodactyl (though it's not a bird, oh well). Isshu will have Mamepato and this (assuming it's not Mamepato's evo).

I'm with Mistah Dude... I still think the America clues are adding up. I even see Coney Island.
    Okay, but what if it isn't a bald eagle. It could always be a golden eagle (first thing that comes to mind), or a different eagle.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This bird looks like it'll be awesome. I want. <3

As for typing, I don't really care, though I'm thinking fire, idk I see large birds as fire types.

And I really don't think it will be related to Mamepato. Just because its a bird doesn't mean it has to be related to the first bird we've found out about. :(

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • This pokemon could actually be a Fearow evo.

New Pokemon Silhouette on Pokmon Sunday [July 11]
    New Pokemon Silhouette on Pokmon Sunday [July 11]

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • But at the same time that would be pretty unlikely. As others have stated in this thread before, this particular silhouette looks as if it's a bald eagle of some sort, and I can't see Fearow resembling that at all...

It doesnt have to. There have been pretty huge leaps in evolutions.

Dragonair to Dragonite
    Remoraid to Octillery
    Magikarp to Gyarados
    Feebas to Milotic

WarpstarX

The Green Trainer
    Years
  • MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I hope this new Pokemon is Flying/Fight :)! It could use those huge claws on it's feet to do kicking and fighting moves :P
    I wish Staraptor was part fighting type...

Isshu actually looks a lot like all of America. Lots of forests with mountains, deserts and technology.
    Well he meant shape wise, but it does have several biomes found thought out the USA :)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But you have to realize that's all most people here can really go off of. And who knows really? This unknown Pokemon can very well be Mamepato's 3rd evo. As I've stated before, it could be either one as I'm not exactly sure and I'm not going to make an exact speculation, but initially I was one to believe that it was Mamepato's 3rd evo, and it's within good reason.

Although it can very well be a standalone bird, though it would be unusual to introduce a Pokemon solely on it's own unless there was something really special about it.

I believe it has a pre-evo, just not Mamepato. But thing is, most of the newer Pokemon that look to be evolved forms, well... people are basically saying they're related to what we already know. There is a chance that it's a third evo, just in the past there have been other Pokemon that looked similar and not even related.

But either way, the body shape of Mamepato compared to Habootoo and this eagle doesn't really match up, but if you want to believe that, then go ahead. I'd say the Eagle would have a smaller pre-evo, like a crow or something, lol. Or it could even be an alternate evo to Murkrow! I wish.

Oh, and I bet Ash will own it at one point.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    The first thought that ran through my mind when I say this is its either an eagle or a gryphon. Personally both of those would be really cool additions. The gryphon could be fire/flying while the eagle will get stuck with the generic normal/flying type combination ><. I'm actually getting sick of normal/flying type birds :<.

And no I don't see how this could be Mamepato or Fearrows evo. Mamepato is a pidgeon since when can a pidgen become an eagle....only in pokemon right...go ahead and bring up remoraid > octillery :|. And its a little smaller than Fearrow and when pogeymanz evolve they get bigger and wider :>.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Let's hope that this new eagle is like Bidoof in breaking a pattern...you see how Bibarrel broke the pure Normal second evo well maybe this one can break the Normal/flying pattern and turn to Flying/Fighting :)!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well I have always loved flying pokemon and almost all my teams have one in them. So as logn as it is an Eagle/Hawk/Falcon. I am all for it.

Back