• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Type Discussion

Do you want a new type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blazing Rud

This is Blazingly Awsome!!! - Pokemon Blazing Fire
    Years
    No, but Psychic-type includes the kind of sci-fi/new age/space aliens idea you could touch "the universe" if you "opened your third eye" or whatever terminology they used. Maybe today we think of them as pretty separate, but aliens and space and mind powers were all lumped together into a kind of new age metaphysics. That's what the type covers (as well as "magic" in a sense). Most space-themed Pokemon are already Psychic-types for this ease. The only ones I can think of that are not Psychic are Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable who have a moon-theme and fall under Fairy typing, which have some kind of moon association (like with the move Moonblast).
    Well i dont think so psychics and aliens are same. As what i ave seen Aliens mainly use technology. And if it would be like psychic is = to alien then we have bi fear from them.{XD} Well you are correct that Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable are moon themed but they could also get a secondary type as Cosmic.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
    I'm definitely expecting following double types that would be sooo hyped
    If they release one of those double types I'll have the Pokemon in my team immediately ^_^

Spoiler:

About new added types I've seen not so many on fan site, always the same come back, it being Sound, Beast, Chaos, Cosmic,....
    Well I have not that much inspiration but I keep in my heart this type from this Gen II Hack.... What was it? But the type was Crystal. Interesting set of weaknesses and resistances... Resists Electric, Rock, Ground but weak to water and fire, or something...

Another type I liked a lot was Blood type. Can't remember the set of weaknesses/resistances either but the owner of the idea was talking about associating all Normal claw-related moves to this type (Slash, Scratch, Fury swipes)...

And when I look to the type chart (which is very complicated and complete now, I must admit ^^), I can figure a bit that the following type would be funny and strategic to play :

Effective against/Water, Electric, Fire, Fighting
    Not effective against/Ice, Grass, Psy, Rock, Dark
    Resisted on/Fire, Fighting, Rock, Ground
    Weakened on/Grass, Dark, Psy, Poison

Note that I don't have any idea how to name this nor justify these characteristics with logic, I just took all the types that in my mind lack something *insert confession bear pic here*

Nintendo always has a way to justify type weaknesses and resistances. But technically you can do whatever you want, that's really fun.

Last edited:

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm not a huge fan of the idea of adding any more types just yet. I was in favour of another type last gen, wasn't too impressed with what we got, though.

Would rather they didn't go through and start reassigning types for a load of Pokémon too.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    It would be awesome getting more and more types as time passes by. Maybe a GLASS or PAPER type pokemon, or maybe even a SMOKE type pokemon. I mean to say that there are a lot of possibilities for new types, albeit I don't think something like this is going to happen, because introduction of new types is quite rare, they've been introduced in only 2 gens so far(excluding RBY).

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
    You are probably right. Type matchup chart is already really full and rich.

But they still need to boost Ice type defenses and nerf a bit Water type defenses as well as Rock-type offenses maybe.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    There should be a Sound/Vibration type pokemon.
    It frustrating that Sound attack like Supersonic and Boomblast are classified as Normal therefore making them useless against Ghost pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I think they need to just make sure the existing types remain balanced. No need to bring a new type into the mix.

Back