• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Question! =O

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    Well, I couldn't find a similar thread like this after searching, so I am making one. If this thread becomes unneccessary or spammish, please close it Mods.

I have always wondered since joining here, How come we don't have a shipping Forum? We seem to have every other Pokemon Forum, but a shipping Forum. It seems like it would fit perfectly in the General Pokemon discussion Forum. I wonder if this is becuase of possible flaming that might happen there, or for other reasons, but I doubt that would be much of a problem, seeing as I have been at other places with Shipping Forums, and there wasn't any more flaming there than in the other Forums. It would give people a place to discuss their favorite ships, and make threads about it. Then there wouldn't be clubs, and threads about them in other places that are just cluttering othe Forums and taking up space. But that's just my 2 cents, so you don't have to take my advice if you don't like it. =/

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
    I agree with you, *Chikorita*. We don`t have a shipping section. I really like talking about fav shippings and I need a nice place for that. I belive, some people don`t know about shippings too, and I think, they should learn some more about it^^ I hope, Admins and Mods will agree.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    ^Also true. A shipping Forum could also be a place to explain what shipping are.

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
    Yes, plus Club for every shipping won`t be necessary.
    We have a lot of shippings from manga, anime and games. It should be in one place^^
    Maybe if we have a special Shipping forum, we will get more shippers? ^^

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    What I kinda fear is it becoming another MCG. Lots of topics about one subject matter, that kind of spiral off into random stuff, with the occasional hint of on-topicness. That and we don't have a huge volume of shipping threads already, I think it'd kinda burst, then dip in activity.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    ^True, but there are alot of shippers out there who would rather have a pleasant disucssion over their shippings than go off topic about them. Also, I could still see the Forum being under control, as long as you got good Mods to enforce the rules their. It may also help if you were able to set an extended character limit there, seeing as people are probably going to make long posts about why they like those ships anyway. =/

Bree~chan

K <3<3<3
    Years
    I agree with Chikorita!There should be place for members to talk about shippings,instead of making threads all over the place and all the flaming.X_X
    All the mods have to do is make sure no ones flames and it should be okay!
    I can't see how making a shipping forum could be such a problem.^^

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
    Yes, you know, Shipping section doesn`t have to be a spammy place.
    I still see section like this on another forum and Mods don`t have troubles with it. Of course, here is harder, but I think, we have a lot of shippers here. Every person likes another shipping and they would like to have a section for chats^^

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    ^I also agree with that. It would be hader here, but I'm sure it would be possilble.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    ^Okay, I hope that was a prime example of how a shipping Forum could educate people.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    My thoughts would be that shipping isn't exactly something important, something PC couldnt live without. If we were going to make a new forum, I'm sure there are a million other things we could find, instead of wasting space on a forum that I doubt would become that popular.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Shipping is the belief of a romance between two characters eg. Advanceshipping=Ash and May. It's called shipping because the ship is short for relationship of some kind.
    There are already a few clubs for some of the different shippings in MCG, so we dont really need another section for that as well :\

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    I think we could and just make topics for each shipping.

And yeah Ships are like Sato x Kasu, Sato x Haru, Kasu x Taek, Asu x Nagi, Take x Joy, Take x Jen, Masa x Masa :3

Back