• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New record sign up

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
    Could we All try to beat the record of most users online July 4?

Ok, Title says it all.... but seriously, isn't it a good idea? It could put all the participants in a hall of fame! ^_^ I've always wanted to be in a Hall Of Fame like in the Pokemon games...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    This might be in the wrong section, but I'm not too sure. :\

Too answer your question: It is possible to beat the record of members coming on in one day. :\
    Though, it probably won't be for a while, or if a TON of people join at the same time maybe.
    Plus, we're al very busy in life, so, like I said, might not be for a while. :\

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    "Most users ever online was 995, June 28th, 2007".

Sorry, is July 4th the date you'd like to do this? If so, I think that most of the users may be busy on July 4th seeing of what day it means to Americans. But perhaps that's just me. Aside from that, as much as you'd like this to happen, people have lives aside from PC. And, like I said, July 4th just isn't a date to be doing something (if you mean by having this done on July 4th) like this. You know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    That would be very difficult and you would have to have a lot of time on your hands. You would have to convince 996 people to go on at the same time and day.

Possible but not likely.

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
    Considering we need 996 people... I think that'd be pretty tough mate. We'd have to get some new members also. We getting them every day but not THAT many

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ok, Title says it all.... but seriously, isn't it a good idea? It could put all the participants in a hall of fame! ^_^ I've always wanted to be in a Hall Of Fame like in the Pokemon games...

First of all, why July 4th as opposed to any other (holi)day?

Secondly, why are you asking now when that day is over eight months away?

Third, how would this put anybody into a "hall of fame" or anything of the sort? None of the people in the previous record got anything special out of it, now did they?

Fourth, how am I the first person to be asking these questions? T_T

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    That would be very difficult and you would have to have a lot of time on your hands. You would have to convince 996 people to go on at the same time and day.

Possible but not likely.
    Uh, no one is going to convince 100 people to come on at once. O_o Users visit this site naturally. Why July 4th anyways?

And for the whole "Hall of Fame" topic, there are going to be guests that help contribute to the number of members that are online. You can't exactly put someone in a Hall of Fame if they haven't registered.

The whole record breaking deal isn't going to happen for a while. o_o

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
    wdtpio?

Uh, no one is going to convince 100 people to come on at once. O_o Users visit this site naturally. Why July 4th anyways?

And for the whole "Hall of Fame" topic, there are going to be guests that help contribute to the number of members that are online. You can't exactly put someone in a Hall of Fame if they haven't registered.

The whole record breaking deal isn't going to happen for a while. o_o
    ok then, maybe umm, uh, *whispers to self someday that isn't busy*.... December 31? or Jan.1? Nah, All the New Year stuff..:/ Umm, maybe some day in summer break for those of you that are still in school(college,but I doubt they have breaks)? Like June 1. nothing happens June 1,right?

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    I think you get logged out if you dont post or switch page or something in 15 minutes.

no you dont, because i leave my browser up all night and this is one of the site in my tabs thats open. i dont get logged out, i can wake up and go right to posting....but anyways Count me in!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    no you dont, because i leave my browser up all night and this is one of the site in my tabs thats open. i dont get logged out, i can wake up and go right to posting....but anyways Count me in!

I'm very sure that's not what they mean. =.="

Trivia: Every time a new record is up, it is always during a time when I'm asleep.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Pro-tip: If you idle on the "Who's Online" page, it'll refresh it constantly so you'll always appear online while the browser is open.

If everyone picked a day/night to leave their computer and browser open to that page, it wouldn't be impossible, but... it would be quite a feat to actually manage it.

It doesn't log you out, but it does show you as offline if you don't visit in 15 or 20 minutes. So while you can sit down and post after leaving it open all night, you won't be shown in the online list the whole time.

Back