• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Region(s)? O_O

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Its probably what's happening. The hints are too forward to not mean something, and its been apparent for awhile that gamefreak would love to do this.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I thought i was gonna rip my hair out if i heard him say "BERRIES FROM OTHER REGION!!!" one more time. >.> Like seriously, we get it. I mean is it really that big of a shock to people that they are doing other regions? i thought it was crystal clear there wasnt going to be a Pokemon Z, when Zygarde showed up as a catchable pokemon in both versions. And seeing as how X&Y were obviously French themed, i would love to see the other regions be themed after other UK countries.
    Uh...how does Zygarde being in XY make it obvious there's not going to be a 'Z'? I ask as Pikachu (and Blastoise), Suicune, Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem were all obtainable in the original pairs of their generations too...why do people seem to keep forgetting that? Or did people never accidentally found them or looked them?

Also by "other UK countries" do you mean to say EU countries? Or that you want a region based on the United Kingdom?

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Uh...how does Zygarde being in XY make it obvious there's not going to be a 'Z'? I ask as Pikachu (and Blastoise), Suicune, Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem were all obtainable in the original pairs of their generations too...why do people seem to keep forgetting that? Or did people never accidentally found them or looked them?

Also by "other UK countries" do you mean to say EU countries? Or that you want a region based on the United Kingdom?

Well im not really sure what you mean by Pikachu and Blastoise? as far as the others go i guess you would be right. I hadn't really thought about it like that. I guess its 100% possible that they could release Z as they have before with all the rest before going to a new region. It seems I got so excited about the possibility of the next game being a new region, that i didn't think about the history of how these games go. You have to admit though, Black/White 2 threw the normality of the games for a loop when they made two sequels out of Kyurem instead of a Pokemon Grey, so i'm not sure if you should count that with the rest of the 3rd legendary Pokemon games seeing as how it was different game.

As for the UK comment, i did mean EU. Sorry about that, didn't mean to offend.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't think they will update the X&Y versions to include a new region. They are just going to release a new title, I guess! But it's just too early to talk about new regions and games don't you think ? :P

That's the idea though, at least what the Marriland video speaks about. Release of new titles but as a form of continuation to Gen 6 through a second (or multiple) region. I think he called it a "perpetual generation". Instead of making it Gen 7 or whatnot, or even just a 'third game', it would just keep adding on to generation 6 until the next generation portable comes out. I think it'd be an educated guess to think that maybe they'd gradually add more Pokemon too and make them compatible with X&Y (with mention of the berries and whatnot.)

I think it'd be awesome if they went this route, instead of their typical "third game" idea. Almost a natural evolution to their sequels idea for BW2.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Z would be good. XZ and YZ would be better! The idea of Zygarde with 2 new forms representing The letter X and Y is so absorbing! Zygarde's typing don't affect Xerneas' and Yveltal's typing. Dragon vs. Fairy and Ground vs. Flying.
    XZ form could be Fairy/Ground and YZ form could be Dark/Ground.
    The games' storyline can be a about some conflict with the ecosystem in Kalos/new region. Zygarde shows up in its new forms (depending on version). Heck, the new region may be east of Kalos. Would make perfectly sense. Couriway town is connected to said region and Terminus Cave also is a landmark in the new region. Isn't it nice Zygarde could be the protector of 2 regions instead of just Kalos?

Years
    If they make a new region I'm thinking it could be based on western Russia as the backpack said it's far away from Kalos, plus it's larger. It could still be connected to Kalos by Train though. Also perhaps we may have another pair without the old legends, sort of like a more GS was to RG/B. Though maybe Zygarde should be part of the pair...with a W legendary. Maybe the W legend will be connected to the item the backpacker gave us.

Years
    There are many ways GameFreak can take the Pokémon series after X and Y, but I think they should make a Pokémon Z, and after you beat the game, the monorail from Couirway City should take us to a new mini region based on maybe the UK! I'd love to see a new mini-region as post game content!

Years
    Three regions...that would be awesome...but also lengthy. Maybe they could have a trans regional league with two badges in Kalos and three in the other two with some parts of each region restricted for post game :).

Years
    @ scprep You're not silly for suggesting event Pokémon fall under DLC. I used to think that too...know I don't know which it is...as both Xander and you made valid points...

Maybe they should just do two lol, three is a little two much. Unless of couse they're small regions based on the UK and Denmark for example.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    @ scprep You're not silly for suggesting event Pokémon fall under DLC. I used to think that too...know I don't know which it is...as both Xander and you made valid points...

Maybe they should just do two lol, three is a little two much. Unless of couse they're small regions based on the UK and Denmark for example.

I think it's a little presumptuous to be saying how many regions are too much. Gamefreak have said they wouldn't include two regions in the one game again but that doesn't say anything about different regions in the same generation.

They already achieved three different regions in the same generation back in gen 4. Who's to say they're not planning something equally or even more elaborate?

The only real argument is that something like this hasn't happened before....that it's uncharacteristic of Gamefreak...but if they only did things that happened before the games would become stale. There's a first for everything.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
    I know that I'm a little late here but, I saw this video a little while ago and ever since, I've pretty much been losing it (in a good way). I mean, the thought of a perpetual generation is just awesome and with all of the hints that are thrown right at your face and everything else, I'll be surprised if they don't do it at this point. Now, to whether or not that the supposed Pokemon Z will be the game that this is held in, I don't think so. As someone else already said, Zygarde is already able to be captured and, we all know we got substantially less Pokemon than we normally do, even including Mega Evolutions. I see it more likely that, if we do get a perpetual generation, in this new game, or games, that wherever it is, probably a region based off a neighboring country, there will be an additional 60-70 new Pokemon, and in them will be a new set of starters, a trio legendary, a stronger stand alone legendary, and a smaller, "cutesy", Pokemon, on top of some more Mega Evolutions. That is what I see as more likely at least.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Another thought occurred to me. Since we didn't get our traditional legendary trio this gen...maybe they're being kept for a later generation six game?

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    This is really interesting info. Since I don't have the oficial guide, I would never have Known that there were berries you can't get in-game. And it looks to me that they are going to add new regions connected themselves through, maybe, the story of the war that happened and all, and probably berries are not the only thing that will be able to get, but also, maybe, unlock or add some content to the current games like some sort of compatibility expansion. I can only speculate that they are going to do something unexpected related to new regions / new games.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    That's....that's exactly what I just said lol

Oh yeah, I didn't notice the last part of your comment.

@Samstyle, no they're not a trio anymore than Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect are a trio. I'm talking a trio like Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno.

Another thought I just had (which hasn't been subconsciously stolen from anyone else :p) was that along with new berries...maybe the gems will be obtainable in a different region. It's kinda suspicious how they're in the game but inaccessible. They don't seem like something you'd get from mystery gift.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
    The smart thing about Pokemon overall is how open the concept is. It mimics the real world in itself ( minus the powerful creatures and supernatural things that happen ) so Pokemon could literally go forever... kudos to you Satoshi Tajiri

Back