• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Region Speculation

Years
    Has anyone watched the new x and y episode? Diantha and the professor talk about an unexplored region named the guipna highlands which can translate to the Guiana Highlands in South America.

This could be the new region that the traveler in the inn mentions because it is not any of the regions we have seen before. He also give you a souvenir which looks suspiciously like the stone statues found on Easter island which is also off the cost of South America.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Has anyone watched the new x and y episode? Diantha and the professor talk about an unexplored region named the guipna highlands which can translate to the Guiana Highlands in South America.

This could be the new region that the traveler in the inn mentions because it is not any of the regions we have seen before. He also give you a souvenir which looks suspiciously like the stone statues found on Easter island which is also off the cost of South America.

anime=/= game try again.
    character limit damn it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

The anime does this, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a new game region. For example, the Anime had the Orange Archipelago (with it's own gyms and everything) as well as the Decalore Islands (no gyms though), neither of which appear in any video game: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Region

Years
    I doubt it very much, the anime has so many new places that don't appear in the games. Take the Orange Islands, there was an entire series dedicated to Ash's adventures on these islands and yet the never made an appearance in the games (and no the sevii islands are something completely different) so realistically chances are this place will not make an appearance however that strange souvenir is interesting...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Like has been said already, the anime, games, and mangas all have seperate canons and hardly factor into each other. You can't really use one to support ideas about the other(s).

However, I do see where you are coming from with this, what with the backpacker and his Strange Souvenir, as well as that train station in Couriway Town that heads off towards the mountains....

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There's currently no other region in X and Y other than Kalos, I'm sure. Hackers have hacked these games before, and if there were, they would've found out about it already and let us all know. Though, they could always release patches and add the region on whenever they wish, so… let's not get our hopes down or anything. n_n" Plus, there's also a possibility that they might release a third installment to XY, and include whatever region they have planned.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well the anime tends to have what I like to call Filler Regions and Locations. I think this is another one of them.

Interestingly Guiana (French) happens to be a oversea territory of France. But it's small...so they would need to add in the rest of northern South America. Thus far only Sinnoh has had more than real life region being the basis for the region (Sinnoh's Battle Zone is Russia, though some in Japan still hold claims that it's Japan). If that was the basis for the region they could have Guyana which is where Mew was found according to the original Kanto games and their remakes.

Years
    Well the anime tends to have what I like to call Filler Regions and Locations. I think this is another one of them.

Interestingly Guiana (French) happens to be a oversea territory of France. But it's small...so they would need to add in the rest of northern South America. Thus far only Sinnoh has had more than real life region being the basis for the region (Sinnoh's Battle Zone is Russia, though some in Japan still hold claims that it's Japan). If that was the basis for the region they could have Guyana which is where Mew was found according to the original Kanto games and their remakes.

That would make sense. It would give them a chance to release mega mew in the third installment if they decide to do so.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I like the theory. However, it's not going to happen until Gen. VII if at all. And if we get something in South America, you have every right to brag about it via your sig.

I say that because a third game (with Mega Mew perhaps) will not travel all the way to South America, but perhaps somewhere else in Europe. Like Iceland. An island in Europe. Easter Island would be a fitting faraway island in Gen. VII if it's South American-based.

Years
    I would love a new region to get hyped up about ! But like others have said before me, I doubt it will happen in the games. The Pokemon anime has a track record of mentioning/showing/ hinting at things that seem awesome but are never really put into place.

In X and Y, there have been a few "hints" at things such as the souvenir, guy who tells us he's from a different region, ghost girl and the weird graffiti in the station... Dammit I hope to God they are linked with a region, but I'm not feeling that they are.

Years
    While having an area based off South America would be unbelievably cool, it's not in the games. As other people have noted, the minute X and Y were released, hackers swamped them to find any hidden aspects that eventually leaked to the internet, a la Volcanion and friends. Even though there are usually several distinctions between anime and the games, such a region could be introduced if there's a third installment for the Kalos region.

Years
    Well I'm not saying it would be in X and Y. I'm saying it could be a possible new region probably in the 7th gen. The souvenir could be traded over to unlock something or cause an event.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I like the theory. However, it's not going to happen until Gen. VII if at all. And if we get something in South America, you have every right to brag about it via your sig.

I say that because a third game (with Mega Mew perhaps) will not travel all the way to South America, but perhaps somewhere else in Europe. Like Iceland. An island in Europe. Easter Island would be a fitting faraway island in Gen. VII if it's South American-based.

you're actually confusing the issue, the regions are based off real world places sure (like Kalos being based on France, Unova being based on New York (which is in North America) and the rest being based on regions in Japan) but that doesn't mean they're geographically the same distances away from each other. They absolutely could have a region based on South America, it doesn't have to be the actual distance away, and they already did one in North America, so why not South America? https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    you're actually confusing the issue, the regions are based off real world places sure (like Kalos being based on France, Unova being based on New York (which is in North America) and the rest being based on regions in Japan) but that doesn't mean they're geographically the same distances away from each other. They absolutely could have a region based on South America, it doesn't have to be the actual distance away, and they already did one in North America, so why not South America? https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world
    Actually, that's exactly the reason I said what I said. I know the first four generations were based on Japan (the first two neighbouring except for one region between them, I think!), Unova on New York, and this obviously on France. I was saying they won't travel all the way to Easter Island for the purpose of introducing a Mega Mew.

Further, now that Hoenn remakes are CONFIRMED for November (I've been living in the forest lately, blame Mario Golf), I am convinced that there is going to be a method for obtaining a Mew at Faraway Island just like in Emerald. I don't think the island existed in those games, but given these are remakes and we never saw a Yellow remake in its time, I doubt the "third game" will be utilized as a result and therefore think the island will be added to the remakes, and Mew available, even if only (again) by event. Since Mew was last found in Generation III, the telegraphing is obvious; Mew comes to Kalos, a mysterious stone (perhaps what triggers the event!) is discovered, and Mega Mew is born. Watch for folks to turn one copy of the game into a "get as many Mews as possible" copy for a while.

So we won't be waiting for Easter Island to appear. We won't be waiting for it in Kalos. We're getting another Mew in Hoenn. I'm convinced of it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Actually, that's exactly the reason I said what I said. I know the first four generations were based on Japan (the first two neighbouring except for one region between them, I think!), Unova on New York, and this obviously on France. I was saying they won't travel all the way to Easter Island for the purpose of introducing a Mega Mew.

Further, now that Hoenn remakes are CONFIRMED for November (I've been living in the forest lately, blame Mario Golf), I am convinced that there is going to be a method for obtaining a Mew at Faraway Island just like in Emerald. I don't think the island existed in those games, but given these are remakes and we never saw a Yellow remake in its time, I doubt the "third game" will be utilized as a result and therefore think the island will be added to the remakes, and Mew available, even if only (again) by event. Since Mew was last found in Generation III, the telegraphing is obvious; Mew comes to Kalos, a mysterious stone (perhaps what triggers the event!) is discovered, and Mega Mew is born. Watch for folks to turn one copy of the game into a "get as many Mews as possible" copy for a while.

So we won't be waiting for Easter Island to appear. We won't be waiting for it in Kalos. We're getting another Mew in Hoenn. I'm convinced of it.
    The region in between you mention was actually split between Johto and Kanto to make the regions bigger, but they still left the northern part of that real life prefecture irc.

Anyways I agree we probably won't see another region added for this generation. If we get any it'll be a mini region for ORAS proably. But Kalos still has a lot of France they can explore in a third version/sequels since they only did the north for XY.

Back