• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Isn't that the game that plays itself? Too casual for me :X
    Super Guide is completely optional. You don't have to use it. And even then, you only get the option of enabling it once you've died eight times in a level. So, no it doesn't play itself. And if you do use it, it's indicated in your save progress. So, you can't "fake" being "core".

If you want help, you can get help. Just like GameFAQs and all the videos on YouTube. It just eliminates the middle man. So, in the same fashion you wouldn't (I'm assuming) use those sources as a guide, you wouldn't use this one either. It's just...there. It's an option. And it just progresses the level. You don't uncover any secrets and or collect any special items. Just bare-bones.

And... most reviews have said its one of the more challenging Mario titles. :\

If Super Guide means Nintendo will return to creating challenging games, that those games can then still appeal to the expanded market, and at the same time I don't have to use it, then I'm all for it.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I can't wait to get the new game; it looks awesome. However, a teen with school and several computer projects that he needs to accomplish doesn't have time to play it.

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    My friend told me it was hard for him and he's pretty much pro at Mario games. I see now why they have multiplayer. Anayway I don't really want to get it although I will play it over my friends house cause I wanna try it.

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    I can't wait to get this, Specially cause of the Co-op.

Freggin Awesome

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Not really, its wasn't too hard at all. My brother and I just beat the main game today after playing for a day as Mario (him) and Luigi (me), and it wasn't really hard to control at all.

I'm still a little annoyed that there weren't any unlockable characters to use other than two flippin' Toads, neither of which is even the actual character. Heck, they could have even used Toad & Toadette instead of two blue & yellow color swaps of the main Toad. Daisy, Wario, & Waluigi were all viable choices as well. It just seems a little lazy in the character part anyway. The rest of the game is great though.

Back