• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Pani

H e a r t G o l d ♥
Years
  • Has anyone else picked this up? It was released in Australia/NZ today, and I got my copy after work. I've played through World 1 with my sister and again with my father, and once through by myself. It's a lot of fun. The level design is different but still fun, there are enough original elements to keep it the same concept but enough new ones to make it interesting. Multiplayer especially brings a whole new concept of cooperation, or alternatively, competition, into the normal levels.

It's fantastic!

Years
  • It doesn't come out until Sunday in the US. But I plan on getting it. :D

I've been wondering, how does the multiplayer mode work? Does everyone have to remain in the screen? Or does the camera move at a fixed rate or something?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I'm really looking forward to this game ever since i saw the gameplay video. i've always wanted a co-op mario game.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • I can't wait to get it sweeties. It's about we got a new home console 2D platforming Mario game. ^^ I'm getting it the second it comes out in America. X3

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I think it's quite an awesome game. Fun, yet still challenging as well.

I haven't had a chance to try out multiplayer, but I should give that a shot soon.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'll probably get it for my birthday, a week after it gets released here in the EU ^^

I hope it's a good Nintendo hard platformer, as all the reviews said XD

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I'm sure I'll be able to play this soon enough since 2 of my friends own a wii, and they love mario games, and since they been waiting for this game to release, imma play it ><
    I dont own a wii D:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I might get it, I'm debating on whether spending my money on that or Pokemon Red, Blue, Crystal and Mystery Dungeon lol xD

Years
  • I am going to get it eventually. I'm really disappointed that its not online as I don't have anyone to play multi player with offline :(

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I'll probably get it, but does it have more characters than just the Mario Bros. and those Toads? I'm just a little annoyed that they included not one, but two toads for the 3rd & 4th players. I'd have been fine with one Toad, as in the actual Toad, but there seriously are better characters to choose from. Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, etc. I just find using two toads a tad lazy.

Years
  • I've been playing this game for a few hours today. I am just barely in World 3 because I am busy trying to find all the secret exits and Star Coins. I am really enjoying the game so far even though I don't have the chance to try out the multiplayer since there is no one around me that is interested in video games. :(

Isn't that the game that plays itself? Too casual for me :X

It only "plays itself" when you die 8 times in the same level. Even then, you do not have to activate the Super Guide option that appears when you restart level again. There are also more videos you can buy using the Star Coins. Again, that is completely optional.

I'll probably get it, but does it have more characters than just the Mario Bros. and those Toads?

Not really unless you count Yoshi. He appears in a few levels and you are forced to get rid of Yoshi after completing the level he appears in.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • It should be arriving at my door today. But I still have Tales of Vesperia and Castle Crashers to play first. And I'm busy with school.

So, since I probably won't get around to it. I've desiginated it as a Christmas gift from myself to myself XD Same with Assassin's Creed 2 when that arrives.

Can't wait to play it though! I just replayed SMB, SMBLL, SMB2, SMB3, SML, SMW, SML2, YI, NSMB. And finishing YIDS now. So, I'm all prepped to either be wowed or significantly disappointed.

Years
  • I'm at world 8 right now. (used a cannon, so.....) Fighting Baby Bowser on the flying ship (the music for the flying ship is EPIC by the way. It's like the old one, but so much more ominous!)

I wanted to post this awesome vid I saw of someone getting 30 1UPs within seconds on the flying ship!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELG8hzgKacI

He used the "bounce trick" where you knock out 7+ enemies without touching the ground, and every kill afterward is a 1UP. I've tried to do that before, but I didn't think to try it there!

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Too many other good, high-priced games out right now. I don't have the money.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I did end up getting it, it's fun but it seems to have a slower pace to it than previous Mario Bros. games, it's definately made for multiplayer.

Back