• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Team

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    Hi Guys, made another team

Skarmory
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Brave Bird
    -Whirlwind
    -Roost
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252hp/252def/6spe
    Item: Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Sturdy

First of my two leads, depends on what the opposition has, stealth rocks for starters, whirlwind for those who set up, has helped a lot recently.

Mega Lopunny
    -Fakeout
    -Ice punch
    -Return
    -Hi Jump kick
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252att/252spe/6def
    Ability: Scrappy

My pride and joy, I use this as a lead, if im not sure about skarmory, fake out for initial damage, having one of the highest attack behind returncomes in handy, ice punch for dragons and flying types, and high jump kick for the killer blow, bit risky if it misses, but its a sweeper!

Slowbro
    -Toxic
    -Ice Beam
    -Scald
    -Slack off
    EVs: 252hp/252def/6spe
    Item: Left overs
    Ability: Regenerator

My physical wall, scald to get burns, and ice beams for dragons or grass types, can easily toxic stall as well, handles most physical attacks, only downside of this beast is having a secondary typing of psychic

Chansey
    -Toxic
    -Aromatherapy
    -Seismic Toss
    -Soft-boiled
    EVs: 252sp def/252def/6spe
    Item: Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure

My special wall, takes care of all those special hits my skarmory/slowbro cant handle, also heals burns and toxic, has won me numerous battles jst on its own mostly, did think about sylveon as a replacement, did not work out that well.

Landorus-T
    -Knock off
    -Earthquake
    -U-Turn
    -Stone miss
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252att/252spee/6def
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate

My physical sweeper, knock off for psychic types and also helps in removing items, since its attack is already super high, might as well slap on a choice scarf and out speed stuff.

Gothitelle:
    -Psyshock
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Trick
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 172 HP/252 SAtk/84 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Shadow Tag

My special sweeper too defensive),newest ,member of my team, so I haven't had much of a run with her. Trick usually helps with chansey/clefable, pretty much rendering them useless and since they cant switch out they are done.

Well that's my team for now, bit of a change from last time, i do win most days with this so its not too bad i guess, any suggestions would be helpful.

PS: its a singles team

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A Modest nature is pointless on Skarmory, as its Special Attack is bad and it primarily uses physical attacks if it has to. Impish is the better nature in this case.

Mega Lopunny uses its physical Attack to deal damage; like Skarmory, its Special Attack is also terrible. Jolly should be the nature to use.

Chansey functions best in stall teams. This team is rather offensive in nature, so Sylveon or Clefable are generally better options:

Sylveon:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Hyper Voice
    -Heal Bell/Toxic
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Pixilate

Clefable:
    -Moonblast
    -Heal Bell/Thunder Wave
    -Wish/Moonlight
    -Protect/Stealth Rock
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    hmm since Ive already got two defensive mons, would it be better going for a calm natured sylveon? and invest in special defense

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • oops i was copy and pasting, its bold for skarmory

Bold should only be used if Skarmory isn't running any offensive attacks to reduce Foul Play and confusion damage. If you're using Brave Bird, Impish should be the nature, so as not to weaken the attack.

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
    Years
  • I like most of the team, but it seems a little weak to knock off if you decide to lead with skarmory. Possibly replace slowbro with something like ferrothorn as it eats up knock offs and helps set up hazards and thunder wave threats, as you don't have a way to thunder wave on this team and sometimes one rocker isn't enough.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
    252 HP/172 Sp.Def/84 Def
    -Thunder Wave
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect/Gyro Ball
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes

Maybe replace Gothitelle with a better special attacker that can pivot. I personally like Thundurus-Therian for this job, and I think it would help your coverage immensely.

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf/Life orb
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
    -Volt Switch
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Grass Knot

If you do run choice scarf thundurus I recommend switching to a more bulky landorus-therian set.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
    172 HP/ 252 Atk/ 84 Speed
    -Earthquake
    -Knock off
    -U-turn
    -Stealth Rock/Stone Miss/Rock Slide

Chansey is a little bit slow and adds to problems with knock off. Using toxic on it also further causes problems because you become complete set-up fodder for a lot of pokemon like bisharp, anything with substitue, or mega metagross. I recommend using thunder wave on it if you keep your slowbro. I'd also recommend using the sylveon set PlatinumDude posted rather than chansey altogether. It still can switch in on almost any special attack, wish back health, and heal statuses. The only difference is that sylveon is able to hit hard by using hyper voice rather than sitting against a physical attacker and having to sac something to keep it alive.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    yeah i gota say knock off has been an issue for me, only reason i use landorus is for earthquake and knock off, i cudnt find a better replacement, i might give syleon a go here actually and see how it goes, i use skarmory over ferrothorn, is coz of whirlwind as it helps out when ppl are trying to setup (baton pass teams/dragon dance....)

Back