• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to ROM Hacking (FR) : few questions

Years
  • Hello everyone !

So I'm new in making ROM hacks but not playing it and browsing this forum.

I'll not say too much about my project for now but what I've done for now is mainly editing code in DPE and CFRU. I rebuilt all the pokedex : all pokemon stats (not editing, I went from scratch and asked myself what would be the stats we expect for this pokemon based on its appearance and description), all pokemon order, regional dex, all pokemon xp loot and xp curves.

I also made my own brand new world map and that works fine.

Now what I want to do is replacing the starter choice system by an initial Safari session where I would get my starter.

I changed my starting position to Fuschia City and edited wild pokemon in the safari area but I run into 2 issues :
    - All wild pokemons are level 0 when they are supposed to be level 5.
    - Most of them do not use Safari AI so they use Struggle against me...

I noticed that those who have a dex number that matches a Pokemon that is present in vanilla FR safari will have safari AI, and others will use struggle.

My questions :
    - what's up with the level 0 pokemons ??? how can it happen ? that was because I reduced exp tables to 100 level instead of 255 in CFRU
    - where are defined the pokemons that have the safari battle AI ? how do I set new pokemons in the safari ? seems ok now
    - is it possible to script that ends the safari session end after I capture 1 pokemon ? I have no experience in scripting in pokemon but i'm a very good programmer otherwise

Thanks !

Last edited:

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • what I would do is:
    make a map script that activates only when you have 1 species caught, smth like:
    special GET_POKEDEX_COUNT(id remember its exact value)
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @EndSafari

Back