• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to the forums [ROM hack developer]!

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Hello, all. My name Keiran but I am known on the internet as 'Arcanine'(Arca9) and I am a Pokemon ROM hack developer. I am here to find other experience hackers to work along-side with me in the making of a brand new Pokemon GBA game. It will either be a hack of Fire Red or Ruby as they are the best games to play around with(in my opinion). I am looking for a highly experienced partner as I want this to be a very decent game and I am also contemplating creating a website dedicated to the game itself. So if you think you've got the experience to pull off a great, successful game, then be sure to contact me and we will talk about it!

Thanks,
    Keiran(Arcanine)

Years
    Hello Keiran! Welcome to PC!

Its nice to see you've taken an interest in ROM Hacking. This is one of the most popular things in Pokecommunity right now. If you would like to learn more, or create a game like you stated, you should check out the Emulation and ROM Hack thread under Creative Discussions. There, you can find a lot of resources, tools and tutorials that can help you out to make your game better. If you would like to recruit people for your game, check out the Team Discussions thread.

The moderators for Emulation and ROM Hack are, DrFuji and giradialkia. So make sure to to ask them if you have a question. Hope you enjoy your stay, and best of luck on your project!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Welcome to PC Keiran!! Nice meeting you.

I'm not hacking expert, but this is definitely the place to get all the help you need on making a ROM Hack. As Negix has said, the Emulation section is the best place for all of that stuff. I specifically suggest you start with the Team Discussions sub-forum as that's where you can recruit members for your development team. Then you can also check out Tutorials to help you learn all the basics such as mapping and scripting. And then Toolbox for all the tools you could ever need. I have to admit, there are some neat on this forum. Haven't played any, but they all look really good!

There's a lot to do here besides ROM hacking so take time to explore! You should enjoy doing that, it will be a good experience. Anyway, hope you have a wonderful time here. Me and many other users wouldn't mind talking to you. We're just nice like that. :P Feel free to VM me! But yeah if you have any questions just contact a moderator and they will definitely help you. See you around!!

Hiya Keiran, welcome to PC! o/ Like AWsquared, definitely check out the Team Discussions subforum of the Emulation board for putting a hacking team together. I'll leave your message in your intro for you but remember that these things would fit better in your signature or in the appropriate board next time - you'll get a better response there, as all the hackers are over at Emulation. Sounds like you'll be working quite hard, though, which is great, so keep movin' on and I do hope to see you release a wonderful game for us all to try in the future. And you'll likely meet many other amazing hackers along the way, woohoo! :)

Hope you've been enjoying PC so far okaay! Let me or another staff know if you need anything as we're always super-duper happy to help. <3 Oh, and we're here to be your friends as well! Don't be scared to chat with any one of PC's lovely members. They are so sweet and huggable, hehe.

Back