• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen New to this game, I have questions

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2003
    Hello! I got this game a couple of days ago after my brother dug up his pokemon game and started to play and I had lost mine and wanted to play also :D I said I would not play, but now realise it doesn't matter if people think I'm stupid playing pokemon....It's better than drugs which all my friends are getting into.

I have some questions...

Can I trade and battle with old pokemon games?

How can I make my pokemon forget a HM move??? :(

Where is the best secret base, in your opinion?

How can I get more furniture for my secret base?

knives

I R Intelligentz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    answers

CHEisCOOL said:
    Hello! I got this game a couple of days ago after my brother dug up his pokemon game and started to play and I had lost mine and wanted to play also :D I said I would not play, but now realise it doesn't matter if people think I'm stupid playing pokemon....It's better than drugs which all my friends are getting into.

I have some questions...

Can I trade and battle with old pokemon games?

How can I make my pokemon forget a HM move??? :(

Where is the best secret base, in your opinion?

How can I get more furniture for my secret base?
    firstly you may only battle/trade with ruby/sapphire versions
    secondly to deleate a HM move by seeing the move dealeater in lilicove
    in my opinion the best secret base is near shal cave above mossedeep

THATS ALL

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You can buy some in Fortree, some in Lilycove, and you get certain items for doing particular things. For instance, you get the Red or Blue Tent (the color depends on your version) by completing the Trick Master's puzzles.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    i personally stick my secret base beside places that are good for berries... it's a good way to remember where's the hot spots for growing berries.

Welcome to PC CHEisCOOL!

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2003
    Kairi said:
    You can buy some in Fortree, some in Lilycove, and you get certain items for doing particular things. For instance, you get the Red or Blue Tent (the color depends on your version) by completing the Trick Master's puzzles.
    I think I'm on the last one of his puzzles... he says he needs more time to make it... when will it be ready? :( I also can't beat the elite four, but have nothing else to do that I can think of to pass the time and make training interesting, I easily get bored if I just keep fighting to train my monsters. "/

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, there's still the contests... If you're a boy then you may not like them, but it's not exactly training, so... ^_^;

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    If he says he needs more time, you need to go either get another badge or defeat the Elite Four if you have all the badges.

I'm a girl and I despise the contests. >_< Give me training any day. ^_^;

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
    to train up your PKMN you can look at your PokeNAV - Trainer's Eyes. Any trainer with a red and white box next to it would like a rematch. In this way you can train your pokemon with trainer battles rather than with wild pokemon. You could also use rare candies, but they aren't as good as actual battle experience

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Actually, they can be better in some cases. they allow you to raise them to 100 without getting any EVs, so you can get the ones you want in the amounts you want.

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
    Also, if you want to get more rematches, look for the interviewers Gabby & Ty, You'll find them in the same places, but I think thier appearence is random every time you rematch them (They'll ALWAYS want a rematch)... The more you whoop 'em, the more that people will want to challenge you... I think beating the E4 helps as well for rematches... Also, after you beat the E4, you can go to Battle tower to train more, or you could go look for Latias (Sapphire version), or Latios (Ruby Version) Just make sure you've either got a Masterball (no fun IMO :P) or a good Wobbuffet or something with Mean Look. ;)
    EDIT: Here are some images of the interviewers, and trainers wanting rematches (Yeah, I know the Nidoking is sharked, its a ROM, what did ya expect?)

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    first of all, never never go up against trainers or the elite 4 until your EV is full at least.

Rare candy yourself all the way to 100 without battling. This gives you 100 experience level with 0 stat experience. Now battle Pokemon who gives the EV you desired until your EVs are full. Drop it off in your Pokemon box and just like GSC it should raise in stats through time (until it reaches a certain personal max).

go to https://pokefor.tk/ and look up Base Value and Effort Value page to see what Pokemon gives which type of EV.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    not to mention that only items you win at the end can you take it out of battle tower. Through covet, trick and theif you can earn a lot of unobtainable items like Enigma berry (yes enemies in battle tower may hold items like that) but too bad you can't bring them outside of the battle... so don't bother trying to be stupid like me and steal enigma berries like that... >_<

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2004
    You can delete a move by going to the move deleter in Lillycove city.
    The move deleter is like the move tutor (he is in fallarbor town) except
    one teaches moves and the other one deletes moves. You don't have
    to pay the move deleter a heart scale. He deletes a move for free. That
    encludes HMs.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You may only have one at a time, and when you trade records with a friend, a computer controller "you" appears at your Secret Base location on their game, and vice versa. "You" have the Pok?mon you were holding when you swapped.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    the only complaints i have is that you should be able to fly right outside of your secret base... it's hard to surf and waterfall my way to my own base

Back