• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Trailer Discussion

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    It appears to be that way. The Grunts being Knights, royal families with crowns, crazed people named N wanting to make the world Black and White. (Black and White has been known as representing Old things)

N is our N-emy!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

It looks like we have seasons now :P I like the sunset part in the bridge. Getting thrown out a cannon kinda reminded me of Mario...

Although, I doubt it, but it may be the difference between the two versions...

Last edited:

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    The trailer was amazing. I'm so happy with all this new info they are relasing on the games. The Pokeshifter looks [S[cruel[/S] fun and a great take on capturing old pokemon. the new pokemon are also all adorable and I love every single one of them. The Pokemon Musical may be the new contests or at least part of contest which would make them more exciting for me to say the least. And the thing I love the most was the cutscene I can't describe how amazing I thought it was.

Also the rumor of Team Plasma is true...its like every rumor is becoming true with each passing update. They looks so medEVIL wellnnbot really. The guy looks like a woman though. I still perfer Magma and Aqua any day.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    ZOMG.
    I love the musicals. I was sold more than with the Pokeathlon.
    Team Plasma (lol, my old hacking team was named Plazma :P) is looking so Medievil and the fact that N gets a crown from someone shows how is is [supposedly] the leader. But still, similar to Cyrus, since he stalks you all over the place.
    What can I say... oh, the cutscenes. PURE AWESOMENESS. Really, no. Better than Ho-oh and Lugia in HGSS.
    I can't wait for those. Too bad I have a DSi that can't play them, meaning I can't preorder. -_-' :(

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Omg, this game does seem really dark, along with everything else these days. It is what we have all been asking for though, a more mature gaming experience. Don't get scared and back out now! :P But that is weird, I did not notice hose green haired girls the first time. To be quite frank, I am tired of these green haired people...

They don't look green haired to me. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    This new trailer is making me wish I was Japanese. :( Or at least knew/understand Japanese. >_<

I really hope that there's actual real-time seasons. That would be fun. Like in areas where there's grass and bug pokemon during 3/4ths of the year, there's ice types. And when it rains, water pokemon come out to play. :) Well, that's what I hope for.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    At the start of the trailer that was shown today:

New Trailer Discussion
    New Trailer Discussion

Maybe it's the lighting or I'm going crazy, but the person holding the crown looks to have one white arm and one black arm...as well as different coloured sleeves. Probably the lighting, but I honestly don't think there would be that much of a difference in tone since there's not exactly anything creating shadows or whatever.

Either way, I'm liking the cutscenes. I'm assuming these will be in the game in their current form, as in anime-ish? Always thought the games could do with anime styled cutscenes; they aren't held back by the console's limitations, so they can do what they like with them. Plus it adds some character as well as a stronger story.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Omg, this game does seem really dark, along with everything else these days. It is what we have all been asking for though, a more mature gaming experience. Don't get scared and back out now! :P But that is weird, I did not notice hose green haired girls the first time. To be quite frank, I am tired of these green haired people...
    Green hair 0_0...the one in the left has brown hair with pink bangs and the one to the right has blond hair at least that's how it looks to me...

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    amazed by the 3Dness of the game. also actually feeling good about the Dream World feature, seems like a whole new way to capture pokemon, also more depth, especially as isshu seems so small to me. only thing im disappointed by is the seasons. does this mean we have to wait until winter if we want an ice type? NO. just ... no.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    Hm. So in High-Link, everything in your friend's version is greyscale with the exception of things you can/need to interact with. High Link looks fun. I hope you can choose ANY trainer sprite. I dislike our options from fourth gen. I really want to be the backpacker.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    Maybe it's the lighting or I'm going crazy, but the person holding the crown looks to have one white arm and one black arm...as well as different coloured sleeves. Probably the lighting, but I honestly don't think there would be that much of a difference in tone since there's not exactly anything creating shadows or whatever.

Either way, I'm liking the cutscenes. I'm assuming these will be in the game in their current form, as in anime-ish? Always thought the games could do with anime styled cutscenes; they aren't held back by the console's limitations, so they can do what they like with them. Plus it adds some character as well as a stronger story.

I think... I think you're right! If it were to be because of the lightning, the sleeve of the black arm would be darker, no? (maybe not, but it would be very interesting... The "boss" antagonist would be black and white :o )

Anyway, I love the trailer too! The cinematics, the functions, the new pokemon... Not quite sure about the musical though, it seems fun but maybe a bit childish. *hopes there's still some kind of Pokéthlon/Contest Hall somewhere in Isshu* Ow and the black woman is very cool! Could she be a gym leader? :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    amazed by the 3Dness of the game. also actually feeling good about the Dream World feature, seems like a whole new way to capture pokemon, also more depth, especially as isshu seems so small to me. only thing im disappointed by is the seasons. does this mean we have to wait until winter if we want an ice type? NO. just ... no.
    I don't think you have to...just like you don't have to wait until night to see and capture a Noctowl...
    We get the games in Spring so we will have flowers blooming,ect :D!

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    Awwwwwww man... That was the first thing i said when i saw theese new games. Didn't they just come out with soul silver and heart gold a few months ago? I mean really, this sucks! I was just getting back into the games and its gunna kill the whole Diamon-Pearl-Platinum-Gold-Silver system we have going. I personally hate the whole idea of another generation!

Bay

Years
    Awwwwwww man... That was the first thing i said when i saw theese new games. Didn't they just come out with soul silver and heart gold a few months ago? I mean really, this sucks! I was just getting back into the games and its gunna kill the whole Diamon-Pearl-Platinum-Gold-Silver system we have going. I personally hate the whole idea of another generation!
    I agree the Black and White games came a bit fast right after HeartGold and SoulSilver. However, I don't think it'll kill the Diamond-Pearl-Platinum-HeartGold-SoulSilver system we have. If anything, many people are still playing those games and will still be playing those games after Black and White comes out. I know I'll still play one of those games after I get Black and White. Also, you don't have to start off Black and White right away. You can still enjoy the fourth gen games a bit longer and then go with Black and White whenever you're ready.

Lastly, if anything, fourth gen has been going on since 2006, so I think it's about right for fifth gen to come in 2010 (though maybe at least a year later would be better).

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I'm a bit late by saying this but This trailer was EPIC!
    I officaly love Generation 5! :D

Back