• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Trainer selection system

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    I had an idea of making a more complex system for choosing what your trainer looks like, for example being able to change what clothes they are wearing and what their hair looks like and eye color, etc. Is a system like this possible? and if so can someone help me with making it.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • I had an idea of making a more complex system for choosing what your trainer looks like, for example being able to change what clothes they are wearing and what their hair looks like and eye color, etc. Is a system like this possible? and if so can someone help me with making it.

Yes, the system is very possible. It's quite easy to script in a way, but spriting everything is a pain in the ass.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    If you want to make the likely dozens or hundreds of possible combinations any worth while system like it would have, then sure it's possible.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • I'm not used to Pokémon Essentials, but assuming you can set up more than 2 characters, it'd just be as simple as having loads of characters... and literally hundreds of sprites.

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    O.K. then, I just need the script then and where to place such a script and I can deal with the sprites.

Back