• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Uber Predictions?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Yeah, I agree entirely. Aegislash is entirely too predictable. Most of the players I've seen online use the same move set so there's not many options for it I guess. I find it funny that Klefki is my Aegislash slayer. Foul Play One Hit KO.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I still think we'll see Mega Gengar banned. Gothitelle and Wobbuffet are so different from it that they certainly aren't good comparisons. Gothitelle is slowwww and weak. (Specs Gothitelle is actually weaker than a Modest Mega Gengar...) Wobbuffet has no way of attacking. On the other hand, Mega Gengar has 130 base Speed with a very, very good movepool that can be customized to trap basically anything you want. The fact that it can come in on anything that's been weakened and take it out without the opponent being able to do anything about it is a pretty strong case for Uber status. The only downside to it is that it needs a turn to activate Shadow Tag, which isn't that big of a deal since Gengar is a good Pokemon in general. And look at Shadow Tag Chandelure, wasn't it really overcentralizing in DW OU? I don't see how Mega Gengar will be any different. Buuut I haven't played gen 6 a lot yet and we're still early on, so we'll see what happens.

Also, Mega Blaziken seems pretty likely to get banned just like it was last gen. I don't see many things changing for it since then, but at least sun was nerfed.
    That's actually a fairly overlooked drawback to Gengar-M, you actually have to MeEvo it first before you trap something. In doing so your opponent can then understand and predict which Pokemon you want to trap. Considering he loses Levitate, you're suddenly weak to all entry hazards so you're switchi-ins are limited, then there's Sandstorm and whatnot to wear him down more. Also he's not that powerful, unboosted 170 SpAtk will fail you more times than not. Chandelure had Overheat to use but Gengar has to nothing powerful to kill even opponents on half health. Without SR on the field you can't even 2HKO standard Rotom-W half the time.

I think Gengar is still amazingly good but overhyped, the nerf to Shadow Tag, Aegislash running around and the fact he doesn't hit as hard as he should prevent him from being broken imo.

Back