• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Zelda Game: Link's Crossbow training

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    New Zelda Game: Link's Crossbow training

Ive just received the latest email from Nintendo about a new (UK) Wii game. You control it using the zapper gun or the wiimote and nunchuck

Think that it will be good?

Or complete rubbish?

Discuss now.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    I enjoy the game. Of course, most people might find it boring, but it is a sort of mini-game thing afterall.

I have fun playing it all the time. =D

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Dunno how I feel about this...
    I'm a big Zelda fan, so I'm not really sure I want to see a mini-game that doesn't really relate to the game series...
    but at the same time, it's just sorta a fun game to pass the time. it looks kinda cool...but, I doubt it has that zelda feel to it

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I know

I dont know if im going to get this

It looks ok but not great

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    This looks.......... boring. No adventure, just scoring points to the looks of it.

Godot

That's one of my rules.
    Years
    It's just a game that is meant to show the uses of the WiiZapper as it comes with the WiiZapper. They slapped Link on it I assume because they needed to market the WiiZapper with a Nintendo Mascot and Mario has nothing related to a gun (except if he's in Smash Bros.) I personally want the WiiZapper for Medal of Honor Heroes 2. It has 32-player online multiplayer... that'll be awesome in a WW2 game

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Erimgard - if the CD-i games, the animated series, Four Swords, Tetra's Trackers, and Shadow Battle didn't put a damper on Zelda's legacy then I doubt this will. What about Tingle's Rupeeland?

It's a another Zelda spinoff - and like the others it still relates to the series. It's just a fun diversion.

And I do want to play it, but I really don't need the Zapper for anything else at the moment and I don't think it's something I'd pay for *is regretting Sonic and the Secret Rings*

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Well i cant wait till i can get it.

Anyone know how much it cost's in the uk?

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Erimgard - if the CD-i games, the animated series, Four Swords, Tetra's Trackers, and Shadow Battle didn't put a damper on Zelda's legacy then I doubt this will. What about Tingle's Rupeeland?

It's a another Zelda spinoff - and like the others it still relates to the series. It's just a fun diversion.

And I do want to play it, but I really don't need the Zapper for anything else at the moment and I don't think it's something I'd pay for *is regretting Sonic and the Secret Rings*
    The CD-i games were the ones not made by Nintendo, right?
    And yeah, I see you're point. it's hard to hurt such a great series...even with a few bad spinoffs

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Well Zelda was never meant to be a shooter^^" If there going to make a shooter, with nintendo characters try Samus. As said this game will hurt the series, if it expects to be good it will need to have a great feel with previous zleda games.

Years
    This is just like Wiisports and Wiiplay [Which started you off learning how to use the remote] only this teaches you how to use the Wiizapper.

I definately wont be getting this game since it is a minigame of a series I haven't had a very pleasant experience with.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I thought it looked dumb when I first saw it >>

But I played it at my friends house the other day, and it was actually kinda fun. Of course, it was my first time playing the Wii, so I was terrible at it, but it was really fun~

There's this attachment for the Wiimote for it though. It's like a tiny crossbow thing. DON'T GET IT ><
    It's tiny, and I mean it. It's awkward to use so yeah.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's not really a game, more of a showcase of what the zapper can do and a cheap way to get more publicity.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    It's not really a game, more of a showcase of what the zapper can do and a cheap way to get more publicity.

Exactly. Nobody should be criticizing this game because it "hurts the Zelda series" simply because it doesn't. Consider this a spinoff game to simply introduce an accessory with a well-known franchise.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I'm disturbed by the whoring of the Zelda franchise - I guess all the countless crap Mario spinoffs weren't enough. Hopefully this won't signal a trend.

Still, I may get this game down the road, but the Zapper is apparently nothing but a useless piece of plastic.

Golden Arceus

The First
    Years
    actually.. some games such as Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles are very uncomfortable because of the way you hold the wii-mote for so long.. the crossbow would actually make ur hand in a fist instead of having to keep it bent forward..

Link's Crossbow Training is nothing more than a minigame givin for next-to-free with the crossbow gun attachment which doesn't cost any more than the nunchuck or any other attachment.. so even if it has no story and puts link it it just because they can.. it still better than another quick game using only your mii's as possible characters

Back