• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

newbie guide

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    hi, jst started making acc yesterday n playing for a week. can i ask simple questions?

-the new pack 680 pyroar is good?worthed?

-how to get a lot of pokemon points? from winning fight i got like 11+3. is there a way to farm points fast enough to buy any theme deck/booster pack/avatar maybe

-got some tickets, but not sure whether my deck is adequate for it. can gve tips like whats min req to win those tournaments?
    how many ex in the deck/certain types i need to prepare/what kind of deck i should use
    what time a lot of people doing it since it takes like ages to get 8 people from the 69/89 points one
    (continuing at the same subject, what theme deck is the best atm? i read in reddit basic red, but considering its changed from time to time can tell me the best atm?

Years
    The best way to get points/tokens is to complete your daily and timed challenges - you can get some pretty big rewards from those. Aside from that, just keep playing. You'll always get at least one token for playing in a Versus match, even if you lose. If you win you'll earn points towards the rewards ladder which includes tokens.

I mostly play with theme decks, and in my experience, there isn't really one deck that's better than any other (though in theory older decks may not hold up quite as well against newer decks, but so far in the TCGO I haven't had that problem). It mostly comes down to how good you are and how well you know the deck. Just recently I used the Resilient Life deck for a timed challenge and I thought it was terrible when I started, I was losing over and over even though I'd had plenty of practice with it in the trainer challenge. But by the time I completed the timed challenge, I'd figured out how to use it properly, and was winning fairly reliably, even against decks that had a type advantage. (and I've had this type of thing happen with most of my other theme decks as well. You'd think I'd have learned to stop blaming the deck when I lose by now lol)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    ic, ty. i also got resilient life, its a deck that got xerneas as his main hitter right, geomancy for fast energy and if u already got aromatisee u can jst swap those energies around. n the other one jst to protect u from efects.
    also can i ask about the versus?
    -if i pass like 2000points i got cards, is there like points above it? atm got1150
    -if by any chance i got busy n miss it can i get the cards from somewhere? like that kyurem ex, is it available in the boster?

Years
    I don't think there's anything past 2000 points

Yes, the cards on the prize ladder should be available in boosters, but it might take you a long time to find them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    ok, ty.
    -can i ask about pyroar booster package thats being sold atm(680points) is it worthed? do i need to buy it?
    -i read something in reddit about trynaritar ex or something that cost around 3500 points can enlighten me whats that about?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    cant seem to find it in my android, prettys sure read it in some comments about opening boosters or something.
    i jst stumble on reddit about getting free booster if playing trainer challenge as long we got 30k points or more is it still working?
    how or what theme deck can help me? the highest i got ever is 17k or something.

Years
    cant seem to find it in my android, prettys sure read it in some comments about opening boosters or something.
    i jst stumble on reddit about getting free booster if playing trainer challenge as long we got 30k points or more is it still working?
    how or what theme deck can help me? the highest i got ever is 17k or something.

I couldn't tell you what theme deck could help you get that high. I only recently got back into the TCGO, myself.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    I couldn't tell you what theme deck could help you get that high. I only recently got back into the TCGO, myself.

no worries bro, playing it for fun, but losing one sided game against enemies isnt that fun.

Back