• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newbie here!

Aural

Dragon Trainer(Level 5)
    Years
    Hey, I'm Aural; or Josh if you would prefer. I personally don't mind what you call me as long as I know you're talking to me.
    Where to begin? I'm not really good at introducing myself.
    I have been a Pokemon fan since I was like 6 or 7 years old and I am now 16. I grew up in a pretty messed up area when I was younger. The area I use to live in was highly racist and growing up as one of the only black kids was tough. But thank God that all of that is over now. Pokemon was my way of getting away from reality and it always made me happy. Recently, I have been drifting away from Pokemon. I don't know if it's because I've fully matured and realised that it's not the same as real life or if it's because I'm just not into it anymore.

Anyway, I woke up this morning thinking I should atleast try and get back into Pokemon. So this is me trying to get back into it. I use to wifi battle quite a lot, trade, enter competitions etc.
    I honestly haven't played for so long that I don't really know what the types are effective against others, apart from the obvious, grass<fire.
    Hopefully I'll stick around here for a while. I am currently considering buying the new X and Y games. I don't know if it would benefit me. I could either really enjoy it and forget about my social life or just waste the money on it and not play it at all.
    I also want to try some roleplaying on this forum to help me with my english skills. Also to help me with my imagination which could help me in real life.

I am firmiliar to Pokemon forums as I use to be a member of Serebii and Smogon for a while so I won't have any troubles finding the things I need to.
    Other than Pokemon, I quite like the Zelda games. I played through Zelda and the Ocarina of time and loved it a lot. I also enjoy the super mario bros.
    Other than that I don't really play any other games.
    Thanks for reading and if you ever want to make a new friend send me a message and I will be sure to reply as soon as I can.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
    welcome Josh!

for somebody who is not good at writing introductions, this is really good!
    It's too bad that racist neighbourhoods still exist... They should really do something about it, the problem is only growing now.

It's also too bad that you lost interest in pokemon. Maturity doesn't play a part in it (at least, not a big one) because I know lots of mature people that still play pokemon and they all love it as much as they did when they were young(er) ^^

For some roleplaying, you should visit the Roleplaying Section (hmm, my obvious-sensor is working :P).
    Well, I hope I can get to know you better, and if you need help, don't be shy! Everybody here is nearly, if not fully, equally helpful! You will have questions answered in no-time!

WhtKnt

Budding Breeder & Trainer
    Years
    Well, hello there Josh. Welcome to Poke Community. Pish posh about the maturity thing. I'm 29 years old, and play my Pokemon Y daily, and am working on completing my Pokemon Black 2 play through. Yes, it is a shame about the racist areas, or racism in general. It's something that needs to stop. I've always thought that people took the color of someones skin being different way too far. I'm a white guy, engaged to an Asian, with tons of black and hispanic and white friends.

I even got suspended from High School and Football because someone from the opposing team we were against, called our running back then N word. That made me beat the living hell out of him. You don't have to worry about any racism here, Josh. Everyone is extremely helpful, extremely nice, and very very knowledgeable on Pokemon. The roleplay here looks awesome, as well. Was considering getting involved myself.

Anyway.. I hope you have fun and enjoy your time here! If you have any questions, or just want to talk.. leave me a Visitor Message, or send me a Private Message. :)

P.S. It's definitely worth it to get Pokemon X/Y. Great games. :D

I'm sure you're going to love X and Y so my suggestion is definitely to purchase the game. There are a lot of people returning to Pokemon with these games so I'm sure the allure will pull you back in as well. Many of us can vouch for how amazing the games are! And of course being here on PokeCommunity might just make you want to play Pokemon even more, aha. We tend to have that effect on people. xD;; Welcome, Aural, great to meet you!

But ugh.. I'm sorry about your bad experiences, it makes me shudder just thinking about that. But so long as things are better, yeah? I can't say I've ever experienced something like that but I've witnessed it and it's always really difficult, especially being the bystander who is always too shy to help out. As far as PC goes, I'm sure you're going to enjoy this place as we're all extremely friendly, so consider sticking around for a long while! We love every new member and want to make sure you all fit in nicely. Let me or another moderator know if you ever need any help during your stay! (=

Back