• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newbs and Monkeys

sandeon

My Brand!
Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    So I'm new to the more competitive battling of tournaments. I have played alot around my neighborhood. Being 2 houses. I really dominate and there is no challenge, so super competitive decks have had really no reason for me.

But I'm gonna get more serious about playing, so I need serious deck construction help. And I was wondering if Simisage and Simipour in Next Destinies will do good and what exactly should I use to accompany them. Also I had an idea about using Starmie (Next Destinies) and Pokemon Center and Rocky Helmet, Confuse them then attack if I get hit they are still damaged and then retreat for another when they get down too far on HP. Also wanted to know about Kricketune in Next Destinies and where if anywhere it could be used.

My Thanks,
    Sandeon

Years
  • I haven't really looked at Next Destinies cards much, but your age will indicate what division you'd be playing in and what the competition level would be. Masters, having the oldest players (being for anyone 15 or older), will be the most competitive and most challenging, while Seniors (10/11 to 14) will be the next most, and Juniors (9/10 and under) will be the least competitive. Your division will also determine exactly how effective those cards will be.

Again, I don't know much about the Next Destinies cards yet.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Just as a general note for competitive play that you should always take into consideration is how much HP a Pokemon has as opposed to how much damage it's capable of dealing, and how fast the attack can be executed. Most competitive decks are fast enough do deal anywhere from 80-120 damage minimum within 1-2 turns, and a lot of pokemon used in those decks have 110-130 HP.

Based on that, I would say that the monkeys aren't worth running because their main appeal is the draw attack, which is only available as a stage 1, and much more commonly used on NV Virizion. Their stadium-based attacks are also pretty weak, and needing the stadium can be a hassle since most decks only run maybe 1-2 stadium cards. They also have low HP and lack type advantages over the main competitive types of Electric and Psychic.

With EX pokemon coming out you'll also be dealing with pokemon that have upwards of 180 HP, and while the 2 prize grab is there there's fairly high consequences for not taking them out quickly.

Back