• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newly discovered pokemon cards in attic from 1999

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2017
    I am cleaning out my attic and I discovered my son's collection of vintage Pokemon cards. All were preserved in plastic sleeves. There are hundreds. I could use some direction about whether they are worth anything or can I just give to my grandson? They have NEVER been played. Some say 1st edition. Have some Holographics. I have no clue if they are worth anything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • That's actually quite a hard question to answer. It really depends on the card. I'd suggest looking up some price guides, or just look at sold items on eBay for some you have. Sold listings are the only thing to really go by, not current listings, people but insane prices on worthless cards all the time. I'm no expert in the cards myself, but I did collect them and some can be worth a bit, but again it really depends. Good luck with them :)

Back