• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next three Hoenn episodes skipped

Years
    For those who are curious, notice that Kids WB are skipping through to the Munchlax episode and the introduction of Ash's Hoenn League rival, dubbed Morrison, next week.

Dogasu has mused this on his website:

Two interesting things are that 1) 4Kids doesn't seem to be dubbing the clip show episode, and 2) Kids' WB! is skipping three episodes. No one seems to care about the first bit of news because "it's a clip show, and nobody likes those," but the second one is getting everyone all bent out of shape. The three episodes ("Date Expectations," "Mean with Envy," and "Pacifidlog Jam") have already aired in the U.K., but they're being skipped over in the U.S., presumably because they feature Rougela. [in the English version, Jynx] The pokemon had been a cause of controversy before, so the animators have recolored the pokemon to make it less offensive. Yet the episodes are being skipped anyway. Of course, a few fans on the Internet are basically having kittens over this, cursing Kids' WB! for "banning" these episodes and "ruining all of Hoenn." They're also cursing that "crazy [rhymes with witch]," Carol B. Weatherford for writing that article over six years ago that brought about the whole controversy in the first place. People are pissed.

The episodes will air eventually because Kids' WB! isn't going to pay for episodes it has no intention of airing when the show is getting the kind of ratings that Pok?mon is.. The way I see it, though, it's just business as usual with Kids' WB! They've certainly premiered episodes out of order before, including non-filler episodes, and this is really no different. "But this is just like skipping one of Ash's gym battles!" "Skipping these episodes ruins continuity!" "They can't air them after the Grand Festival because then it'll make no sense!" None of that matters because this is Kids' WB! we're talking about. They paid for the episodes, and they have the right to air them whenever the hell they want, regardless of whether or not it screws up the storyline. People were wrong about "Love at First Flight" being banned, and they're wrong about these episodes being banned as well.

Cleaned that up a bit but anyway, yep, we've established that if the episode doesn't have a dub title, then they're more or less not going to be dubbed, and since they aired in the UK, the English version exists, it's just a matter of waiting for a few months. My guess: they'll be summer episodes to tide you over since they are blazing through to get to the Hoenn League that much faster. Kids WB is...always something amusing or interesting to watch, that's for sure.

What say you?

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    For a second I thought they were going to skip the Episode where Haruka (May) catches Munchlax (which I was looking forward to).
    Anyways I also though they were going to finally show an episode with the Non-Offensive Purple-faced Jynx. But we can always see the Japanese version in the Episode/Clip request thread.

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    What the? I don't get it? I mean what is happening? KidsWB is skipping them so they can get us to the Championships faster. I mean it make not sense. They going have to air them before the Grand Festival or it just crazy. What are they thinking?

Why are they doing this to us? I like to see Jynx even though it is now purple(I hate the color purple) It ok now. What are people going complain about Jynx now? I could have complain about Snorunt but still.

So what? These episodes have dubbed titles so they are going to be shown? They need to show these episodes or it be like Ash and his tauros. But these banned (or temportary skipped) becasue it be like baning (temportary skipped) a gym battle. What is the point anyways? It is not right.

I just hope that they show them before the Grand Festival.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    there is a 2 part Ribbon contest in these eps as well.. how are they gonna explain how May got the new ribbon? seems they think people will just assume she won it somewhere without thinking..

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2009
    I personally think that it is ridiculous, how they arwe going to explain it over there i do not know but i am lucky as i live in the uk! but saying that i have not seen these episodes yet anyway as i missed them when thay were on!!!!!
    i expect that they will show them with the Jinx scene removed i mean a similar thing happened with beayty and the beach but that got shown .....eventually

Hamstar

HALLO.
    Years
    I don't get why the heck people make such a big deal about Jynx...WHAT THE HECK PEOPLE, IT'S A POKEMON!!! >.<

T.T It's not like there isn't other MUCH more offensive things on TV...And they choose to worry about Pok?mon...God...what is this dumb world coming to?

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    PPNSteve said:
    there is a 2 part Ribbon contest in these eps as well.. how are they gonna explain how May got the new ribbon? seems they think people will just assume she won it somewhere without thinking..
    Gee...
    Imagine my sister and my best friend.
    I'll break the news to them next Sunday (after the episode).
    To bad we can't make a petition on the internet to make them show it (we're only a fan site).
    But why are people still thinking the purple faced Jynx is offensive?

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    Perhaps once offensive always offensive, no matter what color it has now?

It's not the end of the world, though I can imagine that it is quite annoying even if these episodes where aired later on.

From previous posts I can conclude that KidsWB has a nasty habbit of showing episodes out of order. But I find it a bit fishy that it just happen to be these three episodes to be shown out of order.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what KidsWB is going to do.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I think thats pretty stupid, because lots of America is Christan and the entire "Evolve" concept is also against it. So wouldn't that be bad too? I think they should just show the episodes, most people didn't even think Jynx was rascist until that person wrote in complaining then they noticed a few things that could reomlty be considered rascist. If there gonna show them everywhere but here that will just make fans mad which well make there parents mad and it will just be problems for everyone. in my opinioin, its pretty [for lack of a better word] stupid not to show it just because it has a certain pokemon in it

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Tootmonster said:
    I personally think that it is ridiculous, how they arwe going to explain it over there i do not know but i am lucky as i live in the uk! but saying that i have not seen these episodes yet anyway as i missed them when thay were on!!!!!
    i expect that they will show them with the Jinx scene removed i mean a similar thing happened with beayty and the beach but that got shown .....eventually

Jynx is to much in the show. They can't remove her or they might as well combine the shows due to so much Jynx cut out. They learn that in Beauty and the Beach except that was only one show.

Years
    Yep but remember Beauty and the Beach aired twice and never again, so I dunno...I'd get those VCRs ready, for maybe they'll pull the same thing as rerun ability is dead with the Saturday morning only schedule anyway.

Yep, we're kinda screwed, heh.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2009
    Well they are currnetly showing the episodes in question this week here in the UK and can tell you that jinx is indeed purple now and that in Mean with envy she appears extremely briefly she will probably appear more in pacifidlog jam though

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Guh.... X_X

Um, I have to hand it to Kids'WB!, they are without a doubt, the HARDEST company to figure out. Why they will allow the violence in Batman and other shows to air, but not the slaps/punches in Yugioh or Pokemon to be aired has always been a mystery to me. Perhaps the intended audience? I dunno. *shrug*

But this thing with Jynx... I have really no words to accurately describe my frustration with this subject. So the lady made a big stink about Jynx, they fixed the problem, and still they don't want to show it? I don't get it... what was the point of making Jynx all purply? The Japanese crew might as well just re-color it back to black if Kids'WB!'s going to be like this. >_>

As for it screwing up the continuity... why in the heck would Kids'WB! give a Rattata's tail about what we think? They don't care that a few clueless kids go "Huh?" when May has an extra ribbon. They don't care that the hardcore fans go in an uproar on the Internet; why should they? They know you're not going to stop watching just because they skip a coulple episodes.

This is just annoying though. Those of us that look ahead and look forward to seeing certain episodes get disappointed about this stuff. I enjoy seeing May's contest episodes, as they're far better than Ash's larger-than-life gym battles. Eh... I think I'm done spouting out my anger.... ^-^;;

Oh and yeah, not many people would care about the clip episode. After all, we got to see those episodes. =_= Or did it have parts from the Jynx one too? XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Um, I have to hand it to Kids'WB!, they are without a doubt, the HARDEST company to figure out. Why they will allow the violence in Batman and other shows to air, but not the slaps/punches in Yugioh or Pokemon to be aired has always been a mystery to me. Perhaps the intended audience? I dunno. *shrug*
    One) KidsWB doesn't dub, they're just the channel. Two) the content is managed by the sponsors of the show, and without any sponsors, the shows wouldn't be on air in the first place. Three) The violence in those shows is of a different nature and American shows have had it easier since just about always.

But this thing with Jynx... I have really no words to accurately describe my frustration with this subject. So the lady made a big stink about Jynx, they fixed the problem, and still they don't want to show it? I don't get it... what was the point of making Jynx all purply? The Japanese crew might as well just re-color it back to black if Kids'WB!'s going to be like this. >_>
    It was done mainly for the games as she does play a much bigger role in the games themselves compared to the anime where she appears once or twice every few hundred episodes. It was also a Nintendo edit, not a KidsWB edit.

As for it screwing up the continuity... why in the heck would Kids'WB! give a Rattata's tail about what we think? They don't care that a few clueless kids go "Huh?" when May has an extra ribbon. They don't care that the hardcore fans go in an uproar on the Internet; why should they? They know you're not going to stop watching just because they skip a coulple episodes.
    Again, not KidsWB. And do you honestly think they'll care about the "hardcore" fandom? That part of the fandom is already out of their demographic, so it doesn't matter if they like it or not, as long as they get their main ratings from the demo that they want. It's already been stated that these episodes will be run at a later time. 4Kids already paid to dub the episodes, so unless they plan to do a DVD only release, they will eventually air.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I am alway reading articles about people saying how Jynx is a racist pokemon. I have a problem with this kind oif thing in general how people want to censor everything seen as offensive. There are so many more offensive things in the world on television that children see just as musc, but they attack pokemon, because Jynx isn't purple enough?! This kind of thing is just wrong.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    By the looks of Serebii.net. It seems like they are going to show the Grand Festival before the 5th contest. That a pain. Today during the episodes I was going like where and why they going to the Grand Festival. I had no idea what was happening.

I think I know why they skipping these three episode. It is because it it the month of Febuary and they don't want to be 'offensive' to certain types of people. If you get my point.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Yeah. I guess that part. I didn't know it was true but I got it.

Somebody told me a reason why the Donphan one was skipped. I understand it a little but I think it is true. I not sure that it is true though They said that KidsWB buy the shows in three and show them like that. So if like in this case they don't want all of them as here 2 out of 3 they not going to buy or show them as fast. I not sure if I understand it but it sounds like a good excuss for not showing. They just didn't buy that one becasue it was in the Jynx set I think.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Why was Donphan skipped and by the way I e-mailed the woman that had the Jynx episodes banned. Apparently she is a children's writer that specializes in books on tolerance.

Years
    It's funny as Dogasu notes that the woman hasn't written on Jynx further beyond that article.

Yet we can't escape it. I'm just POed for not only the omission of the trio episodes as I'm watching Saturday's fare and just...confused kinda, but I rather like Jynx. I didn't see the racist stereotype, I thought it suited her fine. The weird purple look she has, I think it's kinda ugly but I can see why they did what they did. Not to mention she is one of my top raised Pokemon, so this is hard to swallow for me.

But Kids WB doesn't care. At least the show is a top program hit, so we'll see them eventually but of course, it's moot in a way as it will be way after the Hoenn arc I think as we're getting so close to the end. I just noticed the roster and boom we're almost there. It's almost scary actually.

Just finally posting my opinion.

Back