• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I used to be pretty big on keeping the original names of the Pokémon and if I did give them a nickname I would regret it five minutes later.
    Now it's quite different. I've been busy the past months with looking up names for Pokémon and it's difficult. I name them after characters from cartoons, anime, comics and some random other stuff and it's pretty hard to find suiting ones. All the easy ones are already done and the hard ones ... well they're hard.
    Some examples:
    Beedrill: Buzz Buzz :) (Donald Duck)
    Charizard: Mushu (Mulan)
    Aerodactyl: Pterence (Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs)
    These are only three of the 170 and something. It are quite easy ones because the name is only based on their physical appearance (sort of).
    So, I guess I have them all planned.

Years
    I'm getting Soul Silver soon and I've already planned my nicknames for four of my team, still pondering the last two:

Ninetales - Firefox
    Umbreon - Padfoot
    Venomoth - Venom
    Nidoqueen - Big Mama

I never said they were good lol but they're what I want xD

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
    I usually go for witty names. Some may be sexual, but nothing that is just the P bomb or other words of that nature. I always nickname them on the fly, depending on what mood I'm in, or who is around me.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
    I'm getting Soul Silver soon and I've already planned my nicknames for four of my team, still pondering the last two:

Ninetales - Firefox
    Umbreon - Padfoot
    Venomoth - Venom
    Nidoqueen - Big Mama

I never said they were good lol but they're what I want xD

Those are good, actually. Especially your Ninetales and Umbreon. (that's just me being biased though because Sirius is my favorite harry potter character...)

Years
    Those are good, actually. Especially your Ninetales and Umbreon. (that's just me being biased though because Sirius is my favorite harry potter character...)

Wow thank you!! :) I was kinda proud of the Ninetales one cause it's literal haha and also cause of the web browser lol :)

Thank you!! So happy you got the HP reference lol :) Sirius is one of my faves, I think Draco's my ultimate favourite though :)

Lake Rodary

Novice Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    For my last Soul Sliver run, I started naming all my Pokemon after Latin words. Like, my hoothoot was named Medianocte (middle of the night), my mareep was named Lux (light), and my vulpix was named Ligna (firewood). Usually, I don't plan out nicknames ahead of time, except if I get a male vulpix I name him Todd, and if I get a male pikachu I name him Nikola. In short, I name my Pokemon after my fan characters.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I simply named my pokemon brilliant names. When I suddenly think of a name, I don't jot it down on a piece of paper...no no no...I use it as a nickname on my pokemon!

If I'm doing some new story, manga, etc, I take the names out of my army of strange-nicknamed pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    I always nickname my team members! It makes it feel very personal or interesting. I usually name them after something though, or something rather clever. Example of one of my replays:

Typhlosion - Chandra (Magic the Gathering)
    Lucario - Jing-Lei (It means Crystal Flower, pretty sure all of you get the reference if you've seen the Lucario movie)
    Salamence - Rikki (There is a dragon named Rikki in Spyro: Year of the Dragon, she has the same colour scheme as Salamence)
    Mandibuzz - Zabel (Named after Zabel Zarock/Lord Raptor, specifically the Midnight Bliss form. )
    Seaking - Natsuki (named after Natsuki from Summer Wars, Koi Koi~ Haha, get it? )
    Cherrim - Blossom (Powerpuff Girls)

Back