• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I give them all different kinds of names. Made up names, food names, word names.
The one thing I cannot stand when people do is when they name their Pokemon after God/ess figures.

SLITCX

Spontaneous Water Lover
Years
I usually nickname my Pokemon with my friend's names. I put the ones that I don't like much on the weak HM slaves or ugly ones. And yeah, you should know what I do with the ones I like. :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
On my FireRed game, I named my Wartortle 'Briseis'. It's from the love interest of Achilles during the Trojan War :)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I nicknamed my Pokemon when I got the idea of what the Pokemon will be called, from genders, Pokemon, everything. And sometimes I decided not to nickname my Pokemon. I remember I named my Oshawott in Pokemon White as "Mijuken", inspired from Mijumaru and Daikenki.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
This seems more related to the games than Pokémon in general. So I've moved this over to Pokémon Gaming Central.

Moved.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
hmm, hard to tell, usually i just go with anything that suits said pokemon and i don't really tend to recycle nicknames apart from Nero/Nerus which is, most of the times, the name of my fire starter, if i choose it.

one thing i do a lot though is waiting until i get to the name rater to stop and decide which pokemon i'm gonna use and what are the nicknames i will give them because my playthroughs tend to be too chaotic with no real plan regarding team building and nicknames so i always end up catching A LOT of stuff i'll never use.

plus, i tend to restart as soon as i feel i'm done with the current playthrough so i would be wasting too much time nicknaming everything i catch to end up using what... 20% of them?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
When playing my FireRed game, I actually planned some names according to their genders.

Charizard:
Male: Charizard
Female: Briseis

Blastoise:
Male: ShellShock
Female: Melory

Venusaur:
Male: Bruteroot
Female: Sora

Back