• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nido Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Well a nido fan club!The old one was um..old XD.

President:chaos11011

Vice President:

(Twenty Posts)Rank A Members:

(Ten posts)Rank B Members:

( Zero Posts)Rank C members:

President and Vice President can Accept Members and post Topics and Side Topics

Rank A can create Topics and Side Topics

Rank B can create Side Topics

Joining Question:Which is your favorite Nido?(NidoranF,NidoranM,Nidorina,Nidorino,Nidoqueen,Nidoking)

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Re-joining love4Nidos

Good to see the ol'back group has been revived. Let's see more people joining.

Of course...

Joining Question:Which is your favorite Nido?(NidoranF,NidoranM,Nidorina,Nidorino,Nidoqueen,Nidoking)

Nido Fan Club
    Nidorino all the way. The small Nidos (Nidoran♂/♀) too, but Nidorino rules. My FR/LG personal Rival-beater. :cool:

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • Is there space for a new member?

Nidorino's got the first place.

Venia Silente

Years
  • Yay look like Nidorino Rules!
    Let's see, what do I have to say about that?

Nido Fan Club

(from Pokemonathon's "It's Nido time again!")

Come on people don't let this die! Only 4 people! Don't Nidos get some love? I mean, Dunsparce I can understand (no offense) bu come on. chaos11011, where are you???? *pokes* :D (:rambo:)

Venia Silente

Years
  • Come on people.... something!

Where is our leader? We're to be closed (again...) if something's not done.

We could give away cookies to new members, maybe...

Delta Vulpix said:
    why arent we being accepted
    I'll tell you why... it's because of that yellow rat. And the whøre penguin. Somehow they suck all of the attention and people doesn't realize Nidos are cute and their evos are tough and Nidoking/queen are simply Badass. A shame...

Don't know you guys but I'll try to keep this alive at least for a while. A coup d-ètat, maybe?

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Nidorina's still the most awesome. :|

I'm telling you, you gotta be imaginative to get any kind of ball rolling. No one did anything in the last attempt and see what happened. Saying "i haz a needo in red!" won't help. ESPECIALLY not for Nidos. There's a clear difference between nostalgics and fans. It applies to everything related to entertainment multimedia.

Heck, start a group story. Or at least a topic like this, for example:
    Knowing Nidoran are dangerous to the touch (if mishandled, like a hedgehog or something), would you attempt to keep one as a... friend/bodyguard/chauffeur/whatever ("pet" just insults the sentient intellegence of Pokemon)? If so, what would you intend to do with your new Nidoran, and how would this effect your life (do you really have the time to care for one? Do you have younger siblings/other pets that could potentially be in danger)?​

You know, things like that.

Huh. I see this started in August 5th. If I started a Nido club, you can bet your you-know-what I could keep it up. But, I just don't see a point in it.

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • Joining Question:Which is your favorite Nido?(NidoranF,NidoranM,Nidorina,Nidorino,Nidoqueen,Nidoking)

well, nidorino IS awesome, but i'm gonna have to go with NidoKING on this one... my first lv100 ever, and probably my last as well (on a different game :D)

@ Kine's question: a friend of mine had a rattlesnake... they took out the poison.
    I worked on an aquarium feeding rays, and helping people pet them... they clipped the stingers.
    I'm sure if a creature such as a Nidoran was to be kept as a pet near small children, they's do something about either the Poison Pins, or maybe the poison itself.
    If it was an actual Pokémon, I doubt it would attack his/her trainer (being an intelligent creature and all), unless the trainer deserved it xP.

New question: Have you ever felt that NidoranM and NidoranF should be considered the same (Nidoran) species, especially now that we have gender-specific evolutions?

i've felt this way since gen1 at about 6-7 years old. o_0

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm sure a Nidoran would more than likely not attack anyone who it knew you were in good terms with, unless they just pissed it the heck off. At least I can see it being more forgiving to a baby than maybe the family dog. According to Professor Oak's Lectures, Nidos can control when they poison you, at least to the touch.

As for the next question, I would say they oughta leave them as is. Volbeat and Illumise are part of the same family, and yet there's a very clear distinguishable difference between the species. It's not like a Pidgey or Rattata who looks the same either way (I'm not going to account for those small gender differences in 4th generation if only because to pretend everything up till then was "just my imagination" is silly of Game Freak). The Nidoran line show clear distinctive differences in the female and male lineage.

There's no mistaking Nidoqueen as male. Gardevoir and Lopunny, for example, may appear female but can be male, and vice versa for Machoke and Alakazam. But Nidoqueen, like Jynx and Miltank, is definately unmistakable. Nidoking could be more generic, like Tyrannitar. Had the evolutionary line ended with them both looking like Nidoking, then maybe putting them together in the same classification would work out. Then again, we might as well just go with the male line as the basis, and they can either be male or female (of course, one could argue that it seems redundant to have two rhino like creatures in the same generation for no reason (Nidorino and Rhyhorn), seeing as the natural counterpart to the male Nidos creates a kind of system of checks and balances. Then, I'D argue there's no Nidorina. =( Of course, if she was never there, I couldn't really complain).

And just as a final note, by combining them, you'd cut down the original generation of monsters to 148. I dunno, but being just shy of even 150, let alone 151 feels kind of lame. I know a lot of first generation fans who wouldn't like that.

...I bet I'm the only person on this planet who could and does go on like this about Nido Pokemon. I gotta find a different hobby.

D. Lawride

Years
  • Have you ever felt that NidoranM and NidoranF should be considered the same (Nidoran) species, especially now that we have gender-specific evolutions?

Well, hum, no. There are other Pokémon who have specific genders - even though they don't really belong to the same, how to say, "line". The Nidoran and evolutions Pokémon are unique in that way, I'd say.

I'm awful explaining stuff, and this topic was fished from the second page. What's goin' on here? <_<"

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Depends on what you mean by "what's going on".

Alright, since no one's really going to do much here anyway, and since I doubt any replies will come in, I'm going to go ahead and put this question out there.

Does anybody know of any Nido sites other than Aqua Bunny? Or do I just happen to monopolize that front?

Notice how I said Nido sites, and not sites with Nidos in them. I do not care about Deviant Art, live journal Pokemonathons, whatever else, because I've seen them all before and they aren't specially tuned to Nido appreciation so much as just drawing something because they remembered they liked it (or have to). However, it doesn't have to be a page 100% about Nidos, but at least more than a mention and a couple of pictures. :|

I just want to know, it would be interesting. The only other english one I knew of was Lake Eerie, and the Japanese (who are better at Pokemon creature appreciation anyway) have had a few dedicated pages.

D. Lawride

Years
  • Answering the question literally, you monopolize that front. :p

In other words, nope, I don't know of any other for that effect.

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Lame if true. I'm going to be honest, I don't like not having any competition. Well, actually I make my competition Japanese Pokemon sites, even though I'm not directly competing with them, so I guess "I strive to be like them" is more accurate. But they're the only ones I know of who go whole hog for user created content. Only english sites like that I know of is for the EarthBound series' Starmen.net (well, there's assuredly more but that's the biggest example I can pull).

Heck, I'd love an all encompasing Pokemon site like that, you'd be assured we have so many talented fans that we could probably make our own everything like the EarthBound fans did, who have significantly less. But instead, most Pokemon sites just report news. This one is just a forum. What's with that? =_=

Too much division in the fan base. I mean, come on, people can't even agree upon which Pokemon they like, judging from the clubs alone. When the only characters you can choose from are a boy with a red hat, a girl, a nerd and a wild card character (up until Mother 3), of course there's gonna be more common ground and unity (and when you only have 3 games that span several years in the making, less taking for granted).

Well, enough about my rants about wishing to see more creativity. Man, but it's bothered me for yyeeeeeaaaaaarrrrsssss. Makes me wonder why I didn't start a Pokemon site like Starmen.net years ago. I wish I had, but now I'm too old for it. I can only hope someone else will.

Anyway, I did forget to mention this site, too.

https://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic/3029/updates.html

Huh. This one predates Lake Eerie. I can't ever forget this site, it's like my biggest start up inspiration (as well as my biggest reality check). I'm still amazed the guest book works. I was the last to sign it, and far too late I might add. =(

I've always wanted to take it upon myself to mirror that site for preservation. It's the first and earliest Nido site I know of. I bet I sound pretty weird wanting to archive a site like this. :B But hey, people archive sites they liked for no real reasons either (or sometimes for historical/informational context. I'm gonna call this historical, heh).

D. Lawride

Years
  • I'd say you can call it luck. Not all forums get to be thriving. I mean, I failed roundly for five times before setting up a forum that would stand over its pillars, and still now, its not quite stabilized. This one goes down and I'm taking some permanent vacations on administration anywhere.

Speaking generally, that is. I've been to Starmen.net only a couple of times, but from what I saw, its a pretty good place.

In other words, making a site like that is probably very hard. Starmen.net has a forum and a site, right? Fusing both, a person'd have a "massive empire" to rule over. :p

Because I guess a person can't ask everything in the world. We gotta be glad with what we have, and see through time about what's possible to do. I guess that applies for anything in the world :/

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Oh, definately. Nothing comes easy, and good things come with a lot of hard work. Forums are typically hard to get people to join if they aren't big name places, or don't scratch the right itch.

I'm just saying, though, that when it comes to Pokemon, that's all it's got going for it. I'm not even that big on forums. I just saw a Nido Club and decided to chime in, really.

If not forums, it's telling you about what's new in the show, games, or the TCG. Some places have an oekaki. Some have a chat. Those alternatives are fine but all too similar.

See, what I'm getting at is why don't the larger Pokemon sites do like other fanbases, with a category for fan art at a minimum? Like I said, I sincerly doubt there aren't a lot of talented people who are Pokemon fans, so you could really throw in things like fan music and games into the mix as well. Videos, animation, writing, I mean, generally I'm sure this site has a forum for all these, but why not actually make a site for these so that people can find, view, and play these things without having to weed through threads, especially if special intrests get missed because they were shoved pages down? It's like, when it comes to fan created content, English Pokemon sites fall extremely short, and typically, people find that more interesting in my experience. Pokesho, for example, is like miles ahead of anything we've got here. There just seems to be a lot more creative unity on that side of the globe that we just don't get. And I'm not even talking about just Pokemon, either.

That's why I'm saying making a site that would accept those things might have been easier years ago. Now, I dunno, considering Pokemon news sites seem to be so established that there's a thousand other "me too" sites. I'll give the obscure ones credit for at least trying to add in a fun stuff section, though.

Well, back to Nidos, since I can pull topics out of a hat:
    Let's say there was an event where you could trade with any basic stage Pokemon (non legendary). All you have is a Nido (doesn't matter which). Let's also assume that you only have one Pokemon because the means for you to get anymore are limited in some way (such as no more than one per household or something). The question is, knowing you could now get just about any other Pokemon, would you trade off the Nido or keep it? Why or why not?

My answer: Keep it. Why? Because, for one, I don't have a Pokemon I like more than Nidorina, and while Nidoran male and female may fluctuate on the top favorite scale, personally, I'm very much content with the Nidos to really want anything else (so, that goes for the other 3 as well). Sure, I have other favorites, Vulpix, Parasect, Butterfree, and Sentret for example, but they don't compare. The second and more important reason is that I'd have a hard time trading anyway, especially if the one Pokemon was all I could get, because I would have invested so much time with it that parting with it now would seem like a hollow move on my behalf.

D. Lawride

Years
  • Because I'm a collector and I've actually been looking for two Nidorans of the opposite gender (until I knew where to catch them since they were hard as hell to spot in a friend's version), and I was willing to make a few trades. I actually don't have any Pokémon of my interest that I might be looking for now, so because of that, I'd most definitely keep it. Especially because I know luck ain't always on my side. xD

I really need to get back to artwork and redevelop some skills. My works on Pokémon - I basically can't draw humans, sue me - are still a bit fresh.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back