• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nido Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kine

Whatev
Years
  • Actually they're both 4'07'', but no, Nidoking's not really supposed to be all that big. That doesn't mean that all Nidoking are exactly 4'07'', but it's the estimated average.

And is it me, or do people more or less do exactly what I stated for the most part? Maybe not this time, might've been the last club. But at any rate, kind of a name drop and then never show up again. The sad thing is that's exactly what the owner, the owner of all people, did too.

Last edited:

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • BUMP

Yo, what's the deal? Now's not the time to prove me and my last statement right.

Alright, I'll save this one with a simple topic. Anyone can jump in on this.

Who's your least favorite Nido, and why? AH, but wait. What would you do to either improve it, or turn it around for yourself?

My answer and example:
    While I don't dislike any of them, I'm (and this shouldn't come off as a surprise) really indifferent towards Nidoking. Why? Because he doesn't need me, that's why. Just read the responses here to favorite Nido on this forum alone. The guy's well off, even in casual circles. The other five need promotion moreso (yes, even Nidoqueen, unless you're looking for inflated Nidoqueen, the topic of which is sadly more popular than the Pokemon itself. And I can't help you there. Yikes), so I stick to them.

What could I do to start caring more? Probably what I did with Nidorina (albeit several years before). I should probably start putting my Nidoking character to more use, so that way I'll become more used to drawing and utilizing him, eventually leading to enjoying his presence.

PS: The attachment should've been on top of all the text, but this board doesn't allow me to put attachments into messages, and I can't be bothered to upload a doodle on my server just for one post so I can use the image tags.

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Yeah, this is a club. Extremely makeshift and the owner bailed, but a club nevertheless.

I vote in a Nidorina for co-owner, since no one else is taking that position. =P Or maybe a Nidoran Female.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • Can't say I'm exactly a very active member, though I have been busy. xD

Depends on what you define as a club. We basically set up some topics and chat a little, then quickly change topic again.

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Exactly, and it doesn't help that:

1. Not enough people stick around, so we don't get a lot of input from other people and...

2. Nidos don't get a lot of screen time on the anime, which honestly helps put the Pokemon back into focus for at least a little while. And unless I'm mistaken, there hasn't been a Nido episode since the Johto fillers. And there hasn't been a GOOD Nido episode since the Orange Island mini series.

That's how background they are. :| To be fair, though, I still don't think Rattata or Raticate got an episode proper yet. I swear, if I could afford to outsource to a korean animation studio, I would make a 30 minute Pokemon special featuring Nidos and Rats. In FULL animation (which'll cost more, but I'd only be doing this once, sooooo....). It'd probably make every other episode of Pokemon look lazy, and I may get sued, but I'd be the guy to do it just out of spite. It's how I did everything else. =P

Maybe it should be a Pokemon version of Watership Down. Hah! That would be funny and worth the money spent. Heck, I'm putting that on the to do list.

Funnily enough, I had a dream last night about an episode of the anime, and it DID have a Nidorina in it, and it was based on the current season. Keep in mind I've only seen one episode of the Diamond & Pearl series, and despite how Nido crazy I may seem, I rarely ever have dreams about Nidos. Here's the weird part (and yes, this is going to sound self serving, but I promise you it's not, it's just the way the dream went): She was a childish, pink Nidorina would looked incredibly cute and defied just about all the normal Sugimori model standards (not that Nidorina follows them anyway), and she also floated around. In fact, even in the dream, someone pointed out that they made that episode because they drew inspiration from (read: stole and didn't give credit to) my character, Charlotte.

Charlotte is this girl here, by the way.
    Nido Fan Club

It was almost true, too. I didn't complain in the dream or anything, I was just happy they made a decent Nido episode, and on top of which, made her unique enough to the point where people would take a newfound intrest in Nidos. I was also happy the official guys noticed my site and at least did something special for the Nidos. Yes, a guy can dream. And apparently, I just did.

But, just to be clear, the differences between this pink leviating Nidorina and Charlotte is that pink Nido had a much more excited and bright and happy disposition. She had big wide eyes and although she kept the Nido hooked mouth (i.e. :} ), it was drawn in a way that made he look cuter and more smiley, like Squirtle, but even more happy & giggly than that. She was like the Mew of Nidorina. She honestly looked like something out of fan art, but still legitimate. Also, I doubt the pink Nido had hair, though I can't recall 100%. Then she'd really look fannish.

Granted, this was only about 5 - 10 minutes of the entire dream, but man, the effect it had was awesome. I saw people online already had screengrabs of her as avatars and everything (it was actually because of that I went back to watch the episode, since I wouldn't normally watch Pokemon on my own, anyway). It was just what the Nidos needed.

Last edited:

KillingAlien250

Look, Run away!!!
    Years
  • Hmm, Wait...I've been checking some sites about nido, And i saw some about but when I was a bit younger. :( Which means that now I don't remember....Oh well.Good, Looks like most people-i think- say that male nidos are lazy...*Sigh* Or , I just imagine it?Think so...Or, (Again, Geezors!)rarely you find male nidos that aren't lazy?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back