• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Nidorino evolution level?

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
    Years
    I was debating with myself when I should evolve Nidorino to Nidoking. BUt I can't decide between Megahorn as Nidoking, or skip it and get horn drill for Nidorino and then evolve to Nidoking.

What would you guys do?

PS Nidorino get flatter as well if it doesn't evolve

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
    I was debating with myself when I should evolve Nidorino to Nidoking. BUt I can't decide between Megahorn as Nidoking, or skip it and get horn drill for Nidorino and then evolve to Nidoking.

What would you guys do?

PS Nidorino get flatter as well if it doesn't evolve

Well, I like original, so I evolve it at 36, but thats my bag of potato chips...

Popuri

~Eievui~
    Years
    You evolve it using a... moon stone I believe. You could evolve it at any level, but if you want it to know the move Horn Drill, which is better than Megahorn, then you should not evolve him imho, untill 53.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Horn drill sucks, don't use it.
    ;)
    Anyways, why don't you get horn drill as nidorino, evolve it, go to the move tutor and get megahorn, and have both?

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
    Years
    Megahorn isn't taught by any, and their isn't a tm either.

Horn drill is really inaccurate though isn't it? I mean one hit KO but megahorn is really powerful.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Megahorn isn't taught by any, and their isn't a tm either.

Horn drill is really inaccurate though isn't it? I mean one hit KO but megahorn is really powerful.

Some move tutors allow you to relearn moves that you have missed, Eg you can teach rayquaza dragon claw.

And yeah, it has 30% accuracy. So assuming the use of a PP max you'll hit an average of 3 times.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Evolve nidorino as soon as you can.
    That way, your nidoking will be stronger if you evolve at an earlier level.
    Megahorn is bug type and really strong while horn drill is really innacurate.
    Get megahorn because nidoking is weak to psychic and megahorn is bug.
    you see where i am going here.
    And there will be a few times where you will see a ghost pokemon.
    horn drill is inaccurate and has very little PP.
    And my conclusion is that megahorn is better than horn drill.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2008
    Well actually it is your Nidorino, if you want your pokemon to not have a OHKO move in your moveset, it's up to you, I'm just here to tell you opinions.

Johnny Jones

Got to get Diamond soon!
    Years
    Haha, when I saw the topic I thought you'd ask the level at which Nidorino evolves
    (I leveled mine to 100 with cheat-Rare Candys and it still didn't evolve!)
    Yeah, I personally don't like one-hit KO moves because they do have terrible accuracy and you can anyway KO the enemy with a couple of 100-accuracy-moves!
    So, go for Megahorn!
    By the by, you wouldn't happen to like Elfen Lied?

Back