• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NikNaks' Miscellanea

Years
  • On the most recent Shikoku map, the cities line up (roughly) with the major cities on the island, like Matsuyama and Uwajima, and the relief is fairly similar as well. Naturally, I've taken a few liberties to make it more varied :)

Years
  • Man, does exam year leave you with no time :/

Anyway, I've had a go at remaking some of the Hoenn badges in DP style. I think they're pretty average, but not sure what the issues are.

BadgesHoenn2.png

Ideas?

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • I reckon they look great.
    I can't see any problems with them, myself.

BUT...

Perhaps the problem is because you are so used to seeing the badges... SHINE, in the games, maybe that's why you think something might be off.

Years
  • Just a note to anyone who's requested region maps. I've opened a sprite shop for those here, and if I didn't get round to your request, feel free to repost there. Thanks!

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • ahh those badges do look great, but your scratch seems to lack an actual design, and thus its sorta hard to tell whats going on in the sprite. The sprite its self seems great though :D

Years
  • Pichuichu, there was no reason to bump this. It's easily more than a month old. And no, I'm not making scratches on request. For starters, I'm terrible at them.

Still, to stop this from getting locked, here's PokéJapan. Or, in other words, my view of the Pokémon regions based on Japan. It's a work-in-progress, and you can see two custom regions in there, one of which is for August, and another that I made a while ago and I forget why. So, enjoy!

PokJapan2.png

Years
  • Wow, I can just see how much you all love it. *sigh* Thanks for the comment, anyway, Peeky. :)

Still, because I wanted to do something other than requests, I worked on it a bit today, and instead of saying what I fixed, I hope you can see for yourself :D

PokJapan4Top.png

PokJapan4Bottom.png

Please note that the Tohoku part of this map is heavily based on Red Gyarados' region map here. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I see you removed the original regions from your super map to redo the land. The changes are a little subtle, but with the smoother edges it looks much better now, though you have those empty areas which could really use something interesting in them to look at. Maybe it's me, but it feels like you stretched that area under Sinnoh out a little far.

Years
  • I was basing sizes loosely off the actual geography of Japan, so I worked with Red Gyarados' Tohoku region to give it something. I've got a version with routes and towns from that included, too, but I wanted to run it past him first before posting it, though that should make it a little less empty.

The main changes were the islands. I replaced that weird thing I had going on with a thick border with something similar to Cinnabar, which I think looks a load better. And I clearly added the Sevii islands and changed the region north of Kanto.

My plans include adding places like Fiore and Almia, but as no-one is exactly sure where they are, I've started a discussion/speculation thread here for ideas.

Years
  • I'm allowed to revive my own thread, right?

For those who are interested, I started working on adding in Almia and making some other changes, and I ended up with this:
    Spoiler:

I'll be moving Hokkaido up and to the right to match the actual geography and the tail that Almia's now on has gotten distorted, but as a start, I don't think it's so bad. I'm thinking of adding Fiore south of Mt Coronet in a similar manner after I've moved it a bit.

I've yet to add Orre in. I might do that later.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    you shading is almost perfect but you should work more on your line art

Years
  • Um... thanks? O.o

Anyway, for those who still care, PokéJapan has been updated again. So, yeah. There's a link to my DA in my signature if you want to check it out.

Back