• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NikNaks' Miscellanea

Years
I don't know about emphasizing the upper body (wherever that is on a snake), but the belly area on the left could have a smoother outline and the outline at the bottom is a horizontal line that bends right into a 45 degree angle as you move to the right. The tip of the tail also starts to curve upward even though if you follow the body starting from the head you would expect the tail to poke out from nearer the bottom. The image you based it on shows more of the snake in the "gap" which fills in the mental image of a continuous body, but you've cut that part out. Bring it back.

Also, your scaled down Carnivine looks good, but its front teeth are bothering me. There are gaps between all the teeth in the original and you filled some of them in with thicker teeth.

Your revamps look good as do you maps, although the one for Pokémon Crimson looks a little plain.
Ah, I suppose I was unclear. I meant the hood and the head, mainly. I'll try to smooth out those edges, and I see what you mean about the body. I can't remember if I meant to miss out the rest of it or not, but it was a bad decision either way.

I see what you mean about the front teeth. It took me a bit of time to get to something I was happy with, but I think that'd be a minor edit.

The Crimson map was just fixing an existing one they already had, but I'll try to improve it if they ask.

News! New revamps and a Pokéball pixel over:

DelibirdRevamp-3.png

Fixed Delibird's feathers

HoundourRevamp.png

Houndour

PokemonSelectBall.png
PokemonSelectFull.png

Pokéball, and a mock-up of what it might look like in-game

Last edited:
Years
I've updated the Pokeballs to a better design, and there's a host of different ones:

1-Great.png
1-Repeat.png

Luka S J is using these in Blue Chrome! :D Check out the screens.

EDIT: If anyone notices broken image links throughout, ignore them and look at the OP. I've been sorting my Photobucket page.

Last edited:

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
Years
Wow, those badges are great NikNaks! You're amazing at this kind of stuff. I wish I had your talent. I'd offer some crit. but I can't think of anything. The shading is perfect as well. : D Makes me look forward to Lustrous Emerald even more.

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
Bump!

New badges! Made for Pokémon: Zirconium

Sequoia - Spark - Eruption
Sequoia.png
SparkBadge.png
EruptionBadge.png

As I said, love em. One thing though... the eruption badge looks a little off on the lava spurting out. Like one of the things isn't even coming out of the volcano, I would change it and just have two things spurting out different directions or something. Btw, love everything else!

Oh also loving the pokeballs!

Years
Cool! Thanks guys :D I'll work on the Eruption badge soon.

I should also have some more badges and a map (both for Zirc) so stay tuned. :)

Years
Ah, I forgot to update my thread! Silly me. Anyway, this is what the badges now look like:

BadgesFull2.png

And here's that map I mentioned:
Zirc2.png

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Ah, I forgot to update my thread! Silly me. Anyway, this is what the badges now look like:

BadgesFull2.png

I really like how it looks like now since it's in the badge case

pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is up with these trolls, it's like every day there's a new one, come on now -.-" If you want to troll someone troll the person in my signature

:t354:TG

Years
It's been a while, and I've been busy, but here are a few things I've made recently.

A map:
BZuma2.png

Another map (based on the Tohoku region of Japan, but rotated):
ZircB6.png

And a semi-scratch, based on MoneyStack's sprite, which is itself based on Agornbird's drawing.
TreeckoResprite.png

I feel the anatomy is a bit off with it (maybe it's a bit chunky?), but I'm interested to see what you think.

EDIT: Come to think of it, those two maps fit quite nicely together:
Two-for-one.png

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
The map is really good, and it fits togther perfectly. One question though, were Tohoku? Also, do you mean prefecture?

Last edited:
Years
Tohoku is the region due north of Kanto, but I've rotated it and cropped it slightly to better fit. Where do I mean prefecture?

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
OH MY GOD THAT IS SOO DAMN SEXY.
And now serious.
I really like it, seriously. Though, I think some of your basic scratch shaped need a little more depth. Don't know how to explain it properly.
But I love it!

Years

Couple of new maps:
HoennHG.png

Hoenn in HG/SS style (thanks to Soul.//Silver for the template)

NioheNew.png

Shikoku

Btw, I've realised that I've never credited .houndoomed for the tutorial and template for the DPPt style maps. Thanks to him ;)

Last edited:
Years
I guess there's not much demand for map makers these days. Nevertheless, I'm still at it.

Shikoku.png

Shikoku Redux - More accurate and smaller, for use in August Emerald

I'm also working on a new set of badges in DP style for August, so watch out for those.

gol

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
Um this thread was over a month old and you just revived it.... moderator?

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
It's his own thread, he's allowed to do that.

By the way, Nik Nak, you are quite the awesome pixel artist.
The region maps make me smile! =3

Years
By the way, Nik Nak, you are quite the awesome pixel artist.
The region maps make me smile! =3
Thanks! :D

In what people are already calling "unusual" and "probably fine", I've made a Fakémon! It was born of a squiggle, but I like to think it's a deep sea Pokémon that attracts prey with its glowing "eyes" before attaching itself with the underside of its body.

Fakemon.png

Back