• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Revolution (Revived)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Shinin said:
    The Revolution doesn't have console things for NES, SNES & N64 cartridges, you DOWNLOAD them. Onto the system, I think.
    *nods* Not that it's a huge deal. I just watched the G4 coverage of it. They raised a good point. Is there not a hack for the Xbox that does this already?

And that got me thinking. Why did Nintendo drop online play? Because something like this happened, past game and GCN games were being emulated onto the GCN. Panic, and they drop online. So...how to fix this? Ah, well lets set it up so it's A) Backwards compatible with GCN B) They can download all those past games that they want, and better yet. They'll pay for them. It's an attempt at stopping piracy, while at the same time putting money in their pocket.

But yes. It does play all past Nintendo console games. It reads the GCN discs, but all the others must be downloaded...onto the hardrive I'd guess, or maybe the SD cards?

Brittany - The GCN had emulated NES game in Animal Crossing. Not to mention the whole Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. GCN Could do it, no? Revolution being more powerful, wouldn't be able to because...?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Holy crap:

Now that looks pretty cool. NOW I'm slightly more excited. Nintendo's claims about the Revolution's power seem far more realistic than Sony and Microsoft's (PS3 32 times faster than the PS2? Bahaha. Give me a break)

Oh, and HAHAHA, hilarious:

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Aww man. I thought rev was gonna be something. You all should go to gamespot.com and watch the feature on PS3. It IS THE MOST POWERFUL THING SINCE...MAN, IT'S POWERFUL. It's like a super computer! Man, that conference or whatever BLEW MY MIND. The whole time I was thinking "HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?" It's gonna be 35 times as powerful as PS2, 2 times as powerful as Xbox 360, and an infinite number of times more powerful than Revolution if the specs that we have now are true. It's gonna render graphics that look like you're watching a movie. The clip they showed of someone playing (means it's real-time) Unreal Tournament was AMAZING. Man, Rev is goin' down. Wireless for up to seven controllers too! OMG!!!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Oh, please. You don't actually believe the PS3 is going to be 35 times more powerful than the PS2, do you? I mean, c'mon. You can't immediately start ragging on the Revolution, especially since what it's really capable of is yet to be seen.

Raizor Blaid

Super Sonic Owns J00
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Erf
    • Seen Jan 8, 2007
    yeah, besides this is a revolution board, here we disscuss it, not beleive idiotic 35-times-faster rumours, I mean its possible but come on. I think the rev is gonne be awesome and did you even notice the PS3 price tag?! 436$!(approx.) hopefully nintendo tries to come out on top by making their systems cost less than the others like they did when they brought ou the GC. but there bringing out so much stuff for the '06 its hard to keep up.

Casual Billy

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Oh, please. You don't actually believe the PS3 is going to be 35 times more powerful than the PS2, do you? I mean, c'mon. You can't immediately start ragging on the Revolution, especially since what it's really capable of is yet to be seen.

If all the stuff that they say is gonna be in there is actually in there, it is very believable that PS3 is gonna be 35 times more powerful than PS2. You all should read up on it. It's gonna be able to render graphics like movie special effects in real-time at 60 frames per second. I couldn't believe it at first but then the guy showed all the hardware that's goin' into that machine...MAN! If all that stuff is in there at launch, it will blow Xbox 360 and Revolution away. I'm thinkin' it might be too little and too late for Nintendo.

idiotic 35-times-faster rumours

You might actually want to check it out before talking...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Sony originally boasted that the PS2 could render Toy Story in real time.

Casual Billy

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Sony lies. The PS3 has awesome graphics (PS2 cutscene graphics in real-time), but it sure as hell isn't 35 times more powerful than the PS2.

Actually if you watch the conference thingy at gamespot.com, the guy who helped Sony and IBM develop the cell proccessor shows all the PS3s technical specs. If what he showed about the hardware in that system is true, then it is 35 times more powerful than PS2.

Sony originally boasted that the PS2 could render Toy Story in real time.

It can.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36638
    Use that thread billy. Don't come in the Revolution thread talking about the PS3 and bashing the Revolution when you got a PS3 and XBox 360 thread on the same page.

Looks like the Revolution has the 4 controller ports for the GC games. It would be nice if the Revolution would have an even 8 controller ports (as well as the 4 ports for the GC making a total of 12).

I'm sure the PS3 and the XBox 360 has more power then the Revolution. But can the PS3 and the 360 say their system will be able to download games? The Revolution will be able to download NES, SNES and N64 games off the internet. The way Nintendo has been talking about online stuff I think the Revolution will be the system to get this time around for online play. The rumors that has been going around about some of the online play stuff would be really good (the buddy list, the wireless headphones, the internet, the Nintendo forum for the Revolution etc) and I don't think the PS3 and the XBox 360 can really stand up to it for online stuff.

Casual Billy

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Use that thread billy. Don't come in the Revolution thread talking about the PS3 and bashing the Revolution when you got a PS3 and XBox 360 thread on the same page.

Ah! Okay, sorry. I'm off!

Raizor Blaid

Super Sonic Owns J00
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Erf
    • Seen Jan 8, 2007
    I do also think that overall the 360 and PS3 will probably be better, but 35 times better? yeah downloading games will be awesome, The thing with the online play is that it comes in the box ready to go, on one point peole won;t have to but the online stuff, but about thise without a computer or just don't want to download games? basically what there saying is:
    "Ok you pay extra for this, by the way you might not use it" that will be one of the things that the Rev has that could be good or bad, depends on you'r internet access.

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    kohei said:
    Niceee :)
    But it's black and uses discs... I think it's too much like a PS2...

the gamecube is black and uses discs...

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    i thaught they released the colours at the same time i am pretty sure. I think you think it looks like a ps2 cause it is standing up and where else would the disc go in? the back? the bottom?

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    now I know those are real. The gameboy micro looked like it wasnt real, but it was. I watched E3 05' Live, and they DID go over the gameboy micro, AND the Revolution. All they didnt show was the controller for the Revolution, and some games for BOTH Revolution, and Micro.

Rated R Superstar?

Rated "R" Superstar
    Years
    A Box.That's suposed to bring in money?!...Even thought it IS backwards compatable....I'm falling in love with the black one and the white one...maybe a blue one....I wonder what the controller will look like..

Back