• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
  • Nintendo System Discussion

Here's where you can chat about the Wii, DS, or any other Nintendo systems you'd like to discuss. Share friend codes, set up online matches, discuss hardware, recommend games, ask for help with technical issues, and more in this thread. Looking for some Brawl players? Want to set up a Mario Kart race? Need to know why your shiny new 3DS has a slider labeled "3D" on it? This is your thread.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    If I were running that company, I'd hire a team to try and hack it like everyone else would. If they got flashcards or a hack for SD cards (I'm just waiting for this one) working within a month's worth of work, everyone who said it was secure would lose their jobs, and the security measures would be redesigned ground-up.

Nintendo, I'm disappointed in you. I'm getting a 3DS on launch day, but I am disappointed anyways. You're better than this.

And that was a great picture, Mega Shock.

Back to the first question, there's a Gamecube somewhere around, and I used to have an N64 but I sold that off. I now wish I had it again. lol. There may or may not be a transparent-purpley GBC around the house, hanging with my Pokemon Center NYC Game Boy Advance. How I wish they were in good condition.

Raba

Dashuu~
    Years
  • I'm 90% sure the 3DS is a stronger console than the Wii, and that really makes me laugh.
    I'm not okay with the 3DS' release titles, most of them are really bad, xD.
    I'm really looking forward to CS2 on the 3DS, it'll be really fun to see a analog (623, 236, etc.) fighter on a Nintendo console.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Pre ordered the Pokemon Black DSi with the game. It looked awesome so I just had to have it. Traded my xbox in for it :)

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • I swear to god you can read my mind. I wanted to make this thread. x:

Well, to start this off, how many of us still have a vintage Nintendo system laying around? I still have a NES, and a few others. I'll use 'em every now and again, but yeah.

I have an NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, GBC, GBA, GBA SP and the original DS. I don't like new Nintento consoles or games though :\

Years
  • its only possible to run DS flashcards on 3DS...so 3DS havent been hacked yet only DS back compatibility (wich we all know had really bad security) ....once we see people actually using 3DS flashcards than we can talk about hacked handheld

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    To be honest, I don't think piracy will happen in the same capacity with 3DS games, if only because of the memory capacity. I may be utterly off-base, and even now I see it as superficial, but I bet one of the reasons DS flashcards are so popular is that you can fit 20+ good DS games on a single memory card. if each 3DS game is going to be roughly 2 gigs in the first place, it's gonna be a lot more expensive to buy a card big enough to hold a reasonable collection of 3DS games, which may help the situation.

Although, getting past a working 3DS flashcard and me actually buying one to pirate games, I'd probably just rotate them from my PC. So, self-defeating if you reason it out, but I know plenty of people (by which I mean "kids who think they're hacker-gangsta for buying a flashcard") who just wouldn't get that far.

Years
  • QUESTION: What was your favourite Nintendo Console?

I loved the Gamecube so much. It was one of my favourite consoles of all time. So many games I loved on there.​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Gamecube for me simply because of phantasy star online <3. Loved that game loads

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Okay, guess this is the place to ask?

My DS Lite is dying. Buttons are working intermittently, the left speaker has stopped working, and it's just starting to frustrate me. I don't want to buy a 3DS yet (too expensive AND I don't really like the design so I'd rather wait for the inevitable "Lite" version of it), so should I just give in now and buy a new DS or is it likely that there'll be a price drop on older DS models sometime in the next month or so?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I would think when the 3DS is released the price will drop.

Got the Pokemon DSI today after i broke my 3rd DS lite. It very good. Love the design on it and the silver pokemon writing on it.

Would have gotten the 3DS but 3D gives me a head ache so I hope they aren't going 3D only now. I really can't handle 3D at all.

Years
  • Okay, guess this is the place to ask?

My DS Lite is dying. Buttons are working intermittently, the left speaker has stopped working, and it's just starting to frustrate me. I don't want to buy a 3DS yet (too expensive AND I don't really like the design so I'd rather wait for the inevitable "Lite" version of it), so should I just give in now and buy a new DS or is it likely that there'll be a price drop on older DS models sometime in the next month or so?

According to knowing some managers in game stores, they say that they are expecting the DS lite to drop in price, since it will be the lowest DS console on sale still. Some places do sell the original DS, but not a lot.

So I would hold out, my dear, and you should be able to get a reduced priced DS lite soon.​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Never knew I could turn the 3D off. Ah well. I willbuy it when Pokemon goes 3D. thn just turn it off. :) Thanks for the info

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Most people I spoke to said the DSi wouldn't be getting a price drop and that's the only one I was really interested in so I went ahead and bought one. :p

Years
  • Never knew I could turn the 3D off. Ah well. I willbuy it when Pokemon goes 3D. thn just turn it off. :) Thanks for the info

Yep, the 3D slider is actually pretty good. I was playing with it when I had a chance to get my hands on the console. It isn't just a simple on/off, but it changes the depth of the picture. So it isn't that bad.​

Most people I spoke to said the DSi wouldn't be getting a price drop and that's the only one I was really interested in so I went ahead and bought one. :p

There is no reason for them to drop the DSi really.
    Even though it is the handheld below the 3DS, the console is still a family console. So older buyers who don't have a real interest in the 3DS, will still have an interest in the DSi. =[​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Won't be getting the 3ds soon. After buying the DSi I will be sticking with that for atleast a year. To much in personal life.

I been thinking recently of getting a good rpg, Played a few good ones, I like chrono trigger and dragon quest games, but I have no idea what other good ones are out there. Any idea what one I should pick up?

Not golden sun. lol.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • The World Ends with You is the best RPG on the DS, in my opinion. It has a bit of a learning curve, and you might dislike it at first, but stick with it. It's so fresh and unique for a JRPG.

If you're looking for something a bit more traditional, then Final Fantasy IV is really good as well.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • The World Ends With you had a huge learning curve. Found it quite hard to keep up with it. I enjoyed it till it got super hard and couldn't keep up anymore. I still have it around somewhere. Might re-pick it up. I know a lot of people here like it.

Completed Final Fantasy 4 back on GBA was a good game.

Going with TWEWY for now. thanks :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back