• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Wifi USB not lighting up when i plug in?

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
Years
  • Title says it all. When i plug it in the light on the USB doesnt flash. Can anyone help? Nintendo doesnt help me at all. thanks.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • If you're using a front-mounted USB port like the kind Dell has on some of their computers, try using one in the back. I find that sometimes these ports aren't powered for some reason.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It may be because of a bad connection. Try some other USB port. Also make sure your internet connection is good. If nothing works I would need more details to help you.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • One of the most comman problems with any kind of USB stick, be it a flash drive or Wifi, is that, eventually, pulling it in and out of a USB port will wear away at the connection between the plug and the board inside, which results in a temporarily severed connection. Try jiggling it a little bit, and see if that helps. If it does, my advice is to get a new one, because that will only get worse.

(And before you comment on this, this problem is not very common with people who take exceedingly good care of their devices. It is generally reserved for the people who either use it quite a bit, or who have a tendency not to take the best care of stuff)

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
  • Well none of these soulution worked. But I have a netgear router butttt. i get some error code and nintendo doesnt help on that issue either.

Years
  • So have you had it working before? Have you installed the drivers/software? I assume you have but I need to make sure.

And other devices are working in the same ports? Also, you should leave it in for an hour or so to see if it gets warm, as they are prone to heating during use. If it stays cold, then you can assume it isn't getting power from the computer.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
  • So have you had it working before? Have you installed the drivers/software? I assume you have but I need to make sure.

And other devices are working in the same ports? Also, you should leave it in for an hour or so to see if it gets warm, as they are prone to heating during use. If it stays cold, then you can assume it isn't getting power from the computer.

Yeah my iPod works in that port. Ive had it working before yes, but when i had to re-write everything on my computer my USB Stopped working.

Back