• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo's Main Man

Thine Eyes Deception

Comeback Kid!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    Mario is perhaps the most famous video game character of all time, as well as the best-selling. Currently, I don't know anyone who doesn't own at least one game featuring Mario.

This thread is a discussion about Mario and his crew. If you want to share information about him and his friends, or simply discuss their games, then post here!

My favorite Mario games are Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Mario Party 2, for the record. Yes, that is several, but I must admit, Mario is my favorite Nintendo character.

So tell me, what are your comments about Mario and co., and what are your favorite games that feature him?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I think the boxart for the upcoming Dance Dance Revolution w/ Mario game looks amazingly badass:

Nintendo's Main Man

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    It's a shame that they had to slap Mario's mug on Nintendo's first DDR game, though. I think they would sell more units if it had been just plain DDR. I would have bought it if they hadn't have done this...it's frustrating that Nintendo itself is now knowingly perpetuating the kiddie lie.

But yes, I do love all Mario games, and I find myself to be not altogether unskilled at them. I'm currently revisiting Super Mario Bros. for the NES and feeling like a total loser for not being able to get past World 4-1. Stupid Lakitu.

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    Now they are using mario in al, mario tenis,golf,strikers,dance revolution,baseball,kart,pinball. What will be next mario swimming party. I liked mario when it haved the original games like super mario bros, super mario world. super mario 3, and mario 64

Syrus

Kanto Master
    Years
    Thine Eyes Deception said:
    Mario is perhaps the most famous video game character of all time, as well as the best-selling. Currently, I don't know anyone who doesn't own at least one game featuring Mario.

This thread is a discussion about Mario and his crew. If you want to share information about him and his friends, or simply discuss their games, then post here!

My favorite Mario games are Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Mario Party 2, for the record. Yes, that is several, but I must admit, Mario is my favorite Nintendo character.

So tell me, what are your comments about Mario and co., and what are your favorite games that feature him?

**** right! ;) He's probably the most well knowned game character of all time!

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    IMO Nintendo is milking the Mario name.

Mario Baseball.
    Mario in NBA Street
    Mario in too many of his 'Party' games
    Mario in golf
    Mario in Tennis
    Mario in DDR (Ugh, DDR is for crazy people. it doesn't even look like they're dancing lol)

So and and so fourth. I just want to see some new characters. I'm thinking Nintendo is too cocky to do so because they feel they have enough. Well if they do have enough they need to add some more games. Like an EarthBound game. I'm sick of all these mario games. Hell, i'd love to see another ice climbers game, or Excite Bike.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Ninja said:
    So and and so fourth. I just want to see some new characters. I'm thinking Nintendo is too cocky to do so because they feel they have enough. Well if they do have enough they need to add some more games. Like an EarthBound game. I'm sick of all these mario games. Hell, i'd love to see another ice climbers game, or Excite Bike.

Agreed. Nintendo is sacrificing a lot of formerly-lucrative enterprises to concentrate on a single one that is becoming stale and repetitive. I won't rest until they make Balloon Fighter or Clu Clu Land for the Gamecube!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I agree with you on the DDR thing Kaga >>; I want a plain one -.-;

That's probably the only mario game I'm looking forward too now >>;

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Wow lmao. I never knew Mario was in DDR, I guess I gotta keep up with these things. 0.o That's really hillarious though. Anyway's my favorite games with mario are probably Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Bros 3.

Thine Eyes Deception

Comeback Kid!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    Yeah, but what makes Mario so successful is the fact that he is so adaptable. His roles included adventurer, doctor, golfer, racer, tennis player, baseball player, soccer player, fighter, dancer, partyer, and even pinball and villain.

About the DDR thing, I think that since it's Mario AND DDR, I think it will, in fact, be more popular. I don't think it will have a high "cool" factor, but you can't go wrong with this plumber! :D

-Zero ex- What else CAN Mario do?

SSX: Mario?
    Yikes.

Mushroom Kingdom Idol?
    Double yikes.

But who's to say?

Abskull

Link's Huggle Thing!^.^
    Years
    Mario's cool... but I like Link better :P! I'm pretty excited about the DDR game, but I wish Link was on the front cover XD. That would be hysterical!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Sure, Mario is exclusive to the nintendo DDR, but they're sacrificing all the amazing non-nintendo dances for this one feature. I hear the dances are going to be childish--songs for six-year-olds like everything on Donkey Konga, nothing intricate or beautiful. It's a disgrace if you ask me.

Thine Eyes Deception

Comeback Kid!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    -Chairman Kaga- Oh... really? I heard the dances were going to be remixes of themes from previous Mario games, like the Baby Park music from "Mario Kart: Double Dash!!", plus remixes from other sources.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Though, they're still staying in the vein of nothing but Nintendo songs, it seems. I've only ever played DDR a couple of times, but I already have unforgettable favorites like Love Love Sugar and Tsugaru that Nintendo has snubbed. I just wish they'd give the DDR fans what they want =/

Years
    • Age 34
    • Utah
    • Seen Jan 24, 2006
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Though, they're still staying in the vein of nothing but Nintendo songs, it seems. I've only ever played DDR a couple of times, but I already have unforgettable favorites like Love Love Sugar and Tsugaru that Nintendo has snubbed. I just wish they'd give the DDR fans what they want =/
    Wait so DDR: Mario Mix is going to be all mario music.....thats both happy and sad. I want to dance to mario because i love the music but I also want to dance to other music that fits my mood... :\

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I still feel that the best game was the original Super Mario Bros.. I still play Super Mario All-Stars just about every summer too. I don't think Mario made the jump to 3D exceedingly well. I mean, they're great games in their own right but it's just not Mario-worthy. All the power ups, enemies, and jumping. Their there to a minimal extent but not enough for what made Mario Mario. They're still of a higher quality of most of the games out there though. I love the Paper Mario series, it's so cute and adorable and fun. I also can't wait for the NEW Super Mario Bros,m its about time we had a new sidescroller.

I do think the character is being milked. But...wasn't it always like that? Look back to the NES days. Mario had cameos in so many games. https://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/nes.shtml Honestly, the DDR game doesn't bother me. I would've rather had various Nintendo songs, and not just Mario, but this is still good. I actually listen to this music on a regular basis and not the kinds of songs that are usually in DDR. We've seen some song lists and its all Mario, but there might be other Nintendo songs in it. I mean, Donkey Konga wasn't just Donkey Kong. But, yes I think regular DDR would've been better. I dunno if this is solely Nintendo's fault. If you haven't noticed there hasn't been a single DDR on a Nintendo system. Maybe this is a condition Konami actually wanted to put it on Nintendo (probably not, but they agreed to this nonetheless).

Okay...I think the NBA thing was a bit much. But Kart, Tennis and Golf doesn't bother me (even though the N64 versions were better). But now it's a bit much with baseball and soccer.

The 3D games are great. Paper Mario is adorable and the side scrollers rule all.

Back