• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] No changing names of pokemon in Gen 4 ?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2016
    I'm not sure where to place this thread but anyways..
    I'm working on a hack for Diamond and have been searching for hours on how to change a pokemons name (I'm making fakemons)

I've looked through a lot of YAPE - like Pokemon editors, but not a single one can change a pokemons name permanently..

Is there really no way?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • I'm not sure where to place this thread but anyways..
    I'm working on a hack for Diamond and have been searching for hours on how to change a pokemons name (I'm making fakemons)

I've looked through a lot of YAPE - like Pokemon editors, but not a single one can change a pokemons name permanently..

Is there really no way?

You're making a hack of Pokemon Diamond? Yape wouldn't help you in that case. I'm not sure there are a lot of tool regarding Pokemon editing in Diamond, but perhaps you can check the tools section.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    To change the names of the Pokemon, you'll need to find the correct text file and modify them there. There isn't a specific tool to edit the names, but any general text editor for Gen 4 should be able to get the job done.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018
    SDSME will do what you're looking for. At a glance, it seems you're looking for text file 362.

Back