• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No Elemental Stones

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I think they should bring back mining! It was fun (in my opinion), you could find lots of items。i too acidently sold mine XD

Years
    So far I've only used one stone. That was a fire stone on my pansear.
    I haven't sold anything, not even the nuggets :P I have found I don't really need to? I've got 5 badges so far and over $300000? I do use the amulet coin though.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I don't have that much of a problem with, all I needed was a Dusk Stone for my Chandelure. And I found one in one of the routes... You could always look on Bulbapedia for a stone you need.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Ah... I've only used a Dusk Stone on my Lampent and a Moon Stone on my Munna... luckily, I has both games, so I gots more ;P Though, it will be kind of annoying when I actually decide to start playing BW a little more and want to evolve something with stones... it will be really annoying since Ima try to get a flawless, possibly shiny, of all non-legendary pokemon. It's an extremely hard task, but I will try it nonetheless!

Before I restarted my Black (which I never bothered to finish -.-') I remember that the ONLY thing I could really buy in Black City was a Thunderstone, and they were useless to me at the time... they still are, actually. Mind you this was after I used the Entralink between my two games and got plenty of people in both White Forest and Black City :|

Years
    Does anyone else think the amount of elemental stones you get for sure are rather lacking?The only ones sold in stores are oval and water stone(black city not sure about white).So once you use the stones you had up(or accidentally sold them like I did T.T) the only option you really have to search for elemental stones is through dust clouds in caves; which appear at random,usually give you gems, or it makes you fight a mole. This is so ineffient that the I don't even bother with it anymore. In D/P you were swimming in elemental stones you could get five no problem via mining. Now I'm asking for them to bring back mining but in the next generation V game they should have something better than dust clouds, I would suggest someone who has a chance to give you a elemental stone everyday,maybe giving you the opption to buy them on certain days, or buying them on the battle subway.

This is really frustrating. I need two more Water Stones: one for my Eevee to get the last Eeveelution, and one for my Staryu. The items they have in the Black City shop aren't the same for everyone; it depends on the people in your version of the city. Unfortunately all of my friends except me have White, not Black, so they can't go to Black City and give me one through trading.

Are dust clouds very useful? I've never really bothered to look into them. You had other good ideas. Most stuff in various games' Battle Frontiers/Subways has been really overpriced considering the effort it takes to win all those BP. I would like them to charge only about 10 BP for an elemental stone, but I'm sure that if they carried them at all, they would put them up at 48 or 64 BP.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021

I agree, I kind of wish that I got Pokemon Black instead of Pokemon Black. I was lucky to find ONE Water Stone through a Dust cloud but I highly doubt that will happen ever again. I had to get all of the Unova Pokemon out of the way first (with evolution stones) and since I didn't have enough for the previous generations of Pokemon, I had no other choice but to bring them to Pokemon White due to the lack of element stones -_-"

:t354:TG

Do you mean Black instead of White?

I have a friend with Black, so I trade him the special forest Pokes for stones. It's awesome :)

Major Tom

♖♞♝♚ ♛♝♞♖
    Years
    I just find this insanely annoying because I play White (so I can't buy them) and it can take about a hour of searching though dust clouds to find the stone you need. I hope in the next game they make it easier to get them.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Rarity of these stones are fairly annoying in these games... On top of that you can't transfer items from Gen IV... even more annoying :tired:

Years
    For anyone who has White and wishes they had Black for the elemental stones: It's not worth it. Black City almost never has the stone you need, since the shop only carries two items at a time, which can only be changed by bringing in different citizens from your friends' White Versions. The stones are also really expensive. You'd be better off just digging through dust clouds.

Back