• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen NO ELITE FOUR... tournament style

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    i was thinking for black and white, game freak should ditch the traditional elite four, and have a pokemon isshu leauge tournament, like in the anime.. it was a tournament bracket type thing.. i always thought that would be cool

like a 16 man bracket

different arenas you battle at.. fire arena increase fire pokemon's stats, water arena increases water pokemon's stats

i always thought that would be cool, base the final battles in the game, off the anime.. a tournament style, with different arena's etc....

what do you think

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I think that would be awesome. Maybe all of the trainers could be at the levels that the E4 is at, or maybe even higher and you get a certain amount of health back for each Pokemon, or maybe even fully healed Pokemon.

Also, whoever wins has to beat the current champ to claim the title. I love it! Please do this GF!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    I've always loved this idea. What would be great is if it was structured like the Ever Grande conference, with over 600 participants. 16 is a bit small.

600 is a little to big lol...

i think a good number would be around 20..... what do you think??

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    I have always wanted that in a Pokémon Game. And maybe when you defeat the Pokémon League the first time it could give you the option to be on a Wi-Fi League. I hope they use those ideas.

EDIT: About an ideal number, maybe 32 like the FIFA World Cup.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    This is the games not the anime .The tournaments are for the anime. Tournaments are for the BF in the games.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years

how many was their in PBR? BW should feature double that. I remember feeling it was kind of short.

Also, it would be cool if it was round-robin where you gain 1 point for each loss, and 2 for each win. People who tied could battle it out in an elimination tournament or tie breaker match.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years

600 is before the preliminaries.

Anyway, the starting number should be AT LEAST 32, since that means it will take 5 matches for any trainer to become Champion... Just like the previous games.

32 ==> 16 ===> 8 ===> 4 ===> 2 ===> 1

That being said, there still SHOULD be an Elite Four of Isshu. They should all be "equally matched" in skill and not be ranked, like the original Elite Four should have been. I just don't think it's fair how some of the Elite Four trainers are "better" than others just because they came afterward in the Champion League.

Umbrella

Rihanna's The Queen, You Mad?
    Years
    That would be ahhmazing! I always liked seeing Ash battle the different trainers at the Indigo Plateau.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    It'd be cool. But in the anime you get breaks between your matches. The whole point to the E4 is to have 5 consecutive battles with 5 of the strongest trainers you've faced yet. And I know someone would say "Ohh well just take the breaks out!" ...Well that's the same as the E4 only without typed teams. The E4 has typed teams so they leave as few types out as possible.
    I mean, I'm not saying I'd dislike a tournament style Pokemon League. I'd probably enjoy it if the trainer designs and teams are cool. But that would mean randomized trainers and fields, which I don't know if GF wants to do. We'll have to wait and see, it could happen.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    How about a tournament before you can challenge the Elite Four? That seems the best to me. All you'd have to do is level up the E4 trainers and Champion. Of course, we all know a tournament would be rigged so you'd always end up facing your rival in the finals.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    How about a tournament before you can challenge the Elite Four? That seems the best to me. All you'd have to do is level up the E4 trainers and Champion. Of course, we all know a tournament would be rigged so you'd always end up facing your rival in the finals.

That's what happens in the Anime (according to first seasons).

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It could work. Maybe you have to beat the Elite Four in order to qualify for this, then there are, say, 32 people that get through.

Then, you'd have to go through 5 battles with the opponents having pre-set moves (something like the Battle Frontier, with strategies getting better as you progress through the tourney) and Pokemon at the same level as your top. That'd be nice, I reckon.

Years
    Yeah, Ash has lot to do in Anime. He has never beaten any league, and when you beat league, league champion can challenge the Elite Four of respective league and when beaten the Elite Four he can become Champion of the region, if he wins the standing champion. That is how it should work in the game too.

But I wonder what is Pokemon Master accually, is it the Champion who has beaten all champions of the all the other regions?

I would love this to game:

Elite Four Tournament [League] ---> Elite Four ---> Champion

Not just:

Elite Four ---> Champion

It is not like everyone who get 8 badges get to challenge them :P

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    To be honest, the tournament role in the games is taken over by the fact that (1) there aren't even 600 trainers in the games and (2) the tournament is actually all the battles that happen before you reach the Elite Four grounds.

Of course, it would be great if we could have a more anime-like operation like what was previously mentioned (with the tournament before the Elite Four).

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    it wud be gd is BW hadlike 32 ppl ina knockout tourney, and if you win that then you have the chance to face E4

also after the national dex, you could go to the orange island on a plane orsumin and do that
    Or maybe thats the game after BW???
    I would love an Orange island game on 3DS

Years
    i was thinking for black and white, game freak should ditch the traditional elite four, and have a pokemon isshu leauge tournament, like in the anime.. it was a tournament bracket type thing.. i always thought that would be cool

like a 16 man bracket

different arenas you battle at.. fire arena increase fire pokemon's stats, water arena increases water pokemon's stats

i always thought that would be cool, base the final battles in the game, off the anime.. a tournament style,

It kind of answers itself.
    They'll keep the Elite 4, (almost) certainly. Since it's a tradition, they probably won't change it. While a tournament concept would be cool... I'd be happier if it were like the Battle Dome, in Pokemon Emerald.
    Basing stuff off the Anime is not the way to go. The anime... sorta misrepresents the games. They are not canon, therefore you won't see m/any aspects from the Anime in the games.
    I think a tournament would be cool, but I do like the Elite 4 too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back