• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No evolving legendary...

Should there be a evolving legendary?

• Yep

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No!

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • What the...?

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Fredu999

Pro Drummer
Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    I just tought that it's somewhat weird that there isn't a legendary Pokemon that evolves. So what do you think? If they make more, shoul there be evolving Pokes?

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
  • A Phione evolves into a Manaphy. Am i right? I think there is only 1 and it's Manaphy ^^. Atlist there is 1. The others are not.

The Red Chain

A Phione evolves into a Manaphy. Am i right? I think there is only 1 and it's Manaphy ^^. Atlist there is 1. The others are not.

No, Phione does not evolve into Manaphy. In fact, Phione doesn't evolve at all.

Bulbapedia said:
    Jirachi, Manaphy, and Phione are the only legendary Pokemon to have not been given an in-game location in the main series as of yet.

@ MarsOperaPhantom : I guess you didn't look near the bottom of Manaphy's page?

Last edited:

Adakazam

Master Magician
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2009
    Ohohoho! No, no, no! It would ruin the fact that they are complete! That is why they do not evolve, because they are complete as Pokemon! Well, that's what Rowan says.

Fredu999

Pro Drummer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    Anyone thinks that there is too many legendaries in DPPt?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • nope. the more the legendaries there are the batter the game is.. XD
    I beg to differ. You see, the number of Legendary Pokémons have already exceeded, in my opinion. There was not supposed to be this many. Also, they somehow gets more powerful with every new region.

Legendary Pokémons should not evolve. That would ruin the purpose of their originality.

Well, Heatran does not have a back-story, and I see no one complaining about this.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Well, Heatran does not have a back-story, and I see no one complaining about this.

I don't think Heatran is legendary since you can catch it as a male or female like Sudowodo in G/S/C so if there are future versions I wouldn't be surprised if Heatran cam back like in Emerald with Sudowodo

Fredu999

Pro Drummer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    When i played Red for the first time almost 10 years ago, I didn't realise that the birds was anything special but everyone knew Mewtwo wasn't something ordinary. Duh is what I'm thinking now. But the point is that it was so cool with a Pokemon that you could only catch once and that was really good against the "normal" pokemon then. But now it is like "Oh i caught a legendary with a PokeBall... Awesome. Only 8 left!!!". It's not that interesting anymore. Futhermore I think that some are way too easy to find and catch. Well the Regis wasn't that easy but i caught all three with ordinary PokeBalls on the first try. What the hell is that?! If i remember right Zapdos in Red/Blue/especially Yellow was very difficult to catch when it had a hellalotta speed. And that's how it's supposed to be.

nope. the more the legendaries there are the batter the game is.. XD

There is no point in having too many legendaries. The point with them is that there is like one per game and are hard to catch. Or do you think that a Rattata should be legendary as well?

Last edited:

Cinnabar Surfer

Pokemon Rockstar
    Years
  • True Pokémon like Arcanine and Ninetales are regarded as legendary in a sense.

But if you talking about legendary Pokémon the like the birds, the beasts the golems etc. I think if legendary Pokémon evolved it would kind of go against everything they stand for. Legendary Pokémon are meant to be Pokémon at the peak of their power that have survived thousands of years unchanged and for them to change would go against that I think.

Fredu999

Pro Drummer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    This, exactly.
    Though, enlighten me, why are Arcanine and Ninetales regarded as legendary(-ish)? I know Arcanine has the highest base stats of the non-legends, psuedo legends and Slaking, but... what makes him legendary?

I think that they aren't "legendary" in the games, the anime has made them seem legendary.

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
  • Evolving legendaries would be a unique idea. However, the main problem is that if they evolve, they wouldn't be so much legendary as much as they would be an 'even higher power'. Plus, I never really liked the idea of human controlling an extremely higher power.

Last edited:

DCstrX

Collector
    Years
  • the legendary pokemon in the games arent goint to evolve. with platinum though they brought out a whole new idea with being able to change giratina and shaymins forms.
    thats the peak of the legendarys potential as in evolving or changing.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • This, exactly.
    Though, enlighten me, why are Arcanine and Ninetales regarded as legendary(-ish)? I know Arcanine has the highest base stats of the non-legends, psuedo legends and Slaking, but... what makes him legendary?

This is why Arcanine is "legendary"

No evolving legendary...

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • This, exactly.
    I think the stats happen to be a coincidence, but it's just his pokedex entry that states it's a legendary, it's like how Togepi is the Spike Ball Pokemon & Pikachu is the Mouse Pokemon....

I think that they aren't "legendary" in the games, the anime has made them seem legendary.
    Actually Arcanine was only regarded as being Legendary in the 2nd episode (It was shown on a tablet with Articuno, Zapdos, & Moltres...)

I got a question for Feaw...do you happen to have something against Arcainine? (I mean I don't want anyone dissing Arcanine...I just gotta clear this up)

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    A Phione evolves into a Manaphy. Am i right? I think there is only 1 and it's Manaphy ^^. Atlist there is 1. The others are not.

WOW nononononononono.....NO!

u breed manaphy with ditto to get an egg that hatches into phione but phione doesnt evolve into manaphy..

Back