• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No more legendaries! Please!

What will the New Legendaries be?

• The new legendary will have created the big bang. the Birth of Arceus

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • The new legendaries will be the parents of Arceus, his Mommy and Daddy ^^

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No New Legendaries. Or Minor ones.. eg Manaphy, Phione

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Legendaries that solve a purpose with nothing to do with Arceus

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
  • I don't even care about events, I could always cheat for event Pokemon (event Pokemon are usually banned in competitive play, anyways). It's just that the term "legendary" is finding less appeal to me. In 1st Gen., we got 5. Gen. 2, we got 6. Gen. 3, we got 10. Gen. 4, we got 14. How many legendaries are actually legendary? I know, this isn't the animal kingdom where there are billions of different kinds, but out of 493, I think 35 of them is a bit over-the-top. Besides, what is gonna come after Arceus? At this point, all I want to even acknowledge is a region trio.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I don't get wh yeveryone seems to not want new legendaries. Suyre, you can't use them, but they're some kind of cool and it would be areal shame if we only got 5 or less, in my opinion. But it wouldn't cause me to not get the game. hoenstly, I rather use common Pokemon, but just for the sake of it, I would like more legendaries. PLEASE.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • No no no, I like legendaries.

I hated how there weren't a lot in the previous regions.

Wit more legendaries, there's more combinations and friendships to make.

I say bring on more legendaries, even more than generation 4.
    Oh my god...

In my opinion, they're legendaries. There are not supposed to be many of them, so what is the point of making tens of legends every new generation? It defeats the point of making them 'legends'.

But this is a consumer world, so GameFreak would do as they please.
    Wow, very well said. It pretty much sums up what I think xD

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • :| No more legendaries please!

Use one that got barely and screen-time / game development! Like Celebi and Jirachi. Celebi was only in for hax / HGSS events, and Jirachi isn't in except for Pokemon Box and Pearl events. They need their own spotlight >_>

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I think they could have Darkrai & Shaymin/arceus as black & white mascot ;o
    no need for new legendarys just re-use 4th gen ones that aint been fully utilized yet!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    just seven this time please.

D/P/Pt gave me the impression they were rushin as many ideas for legendaries as possible in fear of pokemon endin -_-"

so this time, the trio, the mascot trio, & our resident mew/celebi/jirachi/manaphy lol
    and a whole mass load of fire, ice,& grass types :3

Garland

Rouge troll.
    Years
  • Keep your ranting to yourself, grow some balls and get used to it. Game Freak are obviously going to add MOAR legendaries with every single game, and there's nothing we can do about it except burn down Game Freak's studios (highly unlikely) or stage a mass boycott of the next series of games (they'll still sell). So we're screwed. Yippee.

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
  • Its inevitable there will be legendarys how many no one knows but i have a slight suspicion there will be a trio or if not a duo (( REMEMBER IT SAYS ARCEUS CAME FROM AN EGG MUST OF TAKEN A POKEMON TO MAKE THE EGG ARCEUS'S MUM !!! LOL ) :)

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Actually, it is necisarry for the game to have legendaries, it's basic Pokemon formula, I just do not want too many like in the last generation, which consisted 1/4 of the gen 4 Pokemon, we should have at least 8 legends in generation 5: the legendary trio, the B/W version mascots, the third version mascot, a random post-hall of fame legendary and two event legends- one being the small, ultra-kawaii legend, and the other being the powerful, uber-legend. In gen 4, we had 14 legendaries: The legendary trio (Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf), the D/P version mascots (Dialga/Palkia), the Platinum version mascot (Giratina Origin), 3 random post-hall of fame legends (Heatran/Regigigas/Creselia, Giratina excluded due to Platinum), and 5, I repeat, 5 event legends (Manaphy/Phione/Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus), that's way too many legends for one generation

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I actually don't care if there a lot... I'd rather there be too many than too little ya know?

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I'd love it if there were only 5 new legendaries added this gen, maybe 7 would be okay, but I'm guessing 12 minimum.

LikeUberHackFan

Pokemon Addict
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    New;Legendary? The Creator of God

Well I'm new here, but It's is said that the God of pokemon was born from an Egg of perpetual power, so what if the new pokemon game introduces the Parents that created this egg (symbolising 3 people *cough* pokemon in one God), Or just one pokemon that could symbolise the creation of the Universe AKA The Big Bang and from that out Flew the Egg that contained Arceus and from there he created everything else.

Woah that would be AWESOMAGE

LikeUberHackFan

Pokemon Addict
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Same. I realy think Arceus was pokemon's biggest mistake but I have fears that there may be more God standerd pokemon to come. And maybe these pokemon will have new types which would REALY mes up the metagame..

who knows though a few new types might not hurt

Bunny69

Serious Buisness
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    You know, nothing ever says Arceus is god. Nothing ever says Arceus created the universe. Arceus created the Sinnoh region, and created Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Nothing much more.

So i think the Black / White legendaries wont be related to Arceus and will be original.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You know, nothing ever says Arceus is god. Nothing ever says Arceus created the universe. Arceus created the Sinnoh region, and created Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Nothing much more.

So i think the Black / White legendaries wont be related to Arceus and will be original.
    He did create the univese, the sinnoh legend says this Pokemon was born from a egg in a vast emptiness with is like gods from all myths were born that created the universe. The new legendary will most likely not have anything to do with Arceus and creations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back