• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No More Scans?!

omni89

R.I.P. Toonami...
    Years
    It's sad but unfortunately it seems to be true. As some of you may have noticed over the past few days, links to download Pokemon manga on this forum have been disappearing as well as entire threads dedicated to them. Two of my threads were part of this and it was their disappearance that prompted me to contact Rukario, the site admin behind the recent deletings.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by omni89
    At first I was confused about what happened to my threads, but then I read your post in kazukiPP's thread and realized what probably happened to them. Concerning this matter I have two questions:

1) If I were to post those links else where and provide a link to that location, would that be acceptable as long as the site I use isn't another forum. (e.g. MySpace or some thing)

2) Could you send me a copy of the body of the original post in the Archive Thread. That post contained links that I otherwise have no way of recalling or locating, at least easily.

Thank you,
    Omni89

The Response
    You can link to a website that has "more info" (don't say links.. ) and so on..

Just so you know.. PC doesn't want to link to any direct downloads of anything illegal or anything that can be perceived as such. Since most manga is licensed, the only allowed links are to official sites or to sites that has info, reviews, etc.. We do want to foster rich and productive discussions about them.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at this I think we can gleam several things:
    1) PC doesn't want any direct download links posted anywhere on the site whether they be for manga, music, videos, or what have you.

2) PC doesn't want manga scans, links to them, or anything of the sort to be upload here. In other words, keep it legal like Serebii.

3) This means that scanlation projects, full volume scan projects, Photobucket scans, and anything else that involves uploading scans of manga is expressly prohibited on this site from this point forward.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I can't say that I'm entirely happy with this, I understand where the Admins are coming from. I love getting stuff for free instead of having to pay almost $200.00 to have it shipped to me from Singapore. However, I don't want to get sued nor do I want others to get in trouble for my actions. So, I guess whether we like it or not, this forum is changing and people will just have to find somewhere else to post scans should they decide to continue doing so.

So what do you all think?

Last edited:

Cem-chan

Victory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    This can't be! No more scans? I see the laws of Serebii have caught up to this site. It's not fair! I do understand but ITS NOT FAIR!!!!

*Sigh* It was nice while it lasted. But now how will we know if Volumes 19, 24+ are posted? Could we set up a new "posting place" somehow?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Sighh...

omni, can you give me the list of links and stuff? I can put it on our totally defunct website pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net, and update it when you need or whatever. We have a web base of operations, I suppose we could use it. >_<;

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    No more scans? Well its bound to happen since I almost forgot they are illegal. If it were an anime it would be as easy as pie to get them which makes it more annoying that THAT pokemon anime is so easy to get.
    This means that all the links to photobucket, mediafire, and megaupload are not allowed right? Although some people nag about scans simply because of impatience I can understand a little bit now in situations like these. But there is always putting the scans in another site like the pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net mentioned or a new photobucket and just PM the link to people.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    hmm this is depressing news, i wonder why the sudden change of heart its been going on since nicoleb did it. and that was some time ago. i hope the might reconsider. if you do put it on that site mina said some one needs to inform nightwizard of it so he can give us a mediafire or something to put on the site.

or it can all be moved to the scanlation site with the forums open and we can post updates in there.

lucawesome

Voice Acting Trainer
    Years
    I can't believe this! I just needed Vol. 19 and my life would've been complete, just that one, I wasnt' asking for anything else. D:

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    I can't believe this! I just needed Vol. 19 and my life would've been complete, just that one, I wasnt' asking for anything else. D:

You only need till the R/S arc? I think you're overexagerating. There are still the FRLG and the emerald arc. Personally I would consider the ending of the emerald arc as all that I need for the moment since when I try searching for pokemon DP manga all I get is the one with Hayate. Seriously i can't find pokemon dp special.

Also seriously guys, if serebii.net was not careful about the manga scans we would have gotten all the scans until dp already however they would have been sued already so don't blame this site for doing the same.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
    No more scans??? O_o.... Oh man...

Sigh... Well, it can't be helped... I guess I'll stick to buying Pokemon Manga from now on...

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    I'm not surprised... I knew this would happen sooner or later...

Anyways, LJ's your best hope... at least this way... with the friends-only locking system, ah, you get what I mean...

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    Theres a way around all of this. First all you have to do is put the scans on pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net, if a new one is released make an anouncement here to inform us of the release.

they could open pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net forums and post it there, and we would have to check on it.

or we could use th good old buddy system, which is a terrible way to pass it around since no one could get it.

also we could still have the release thread were when one comes out we have to post link me Please and the volume #.

Donna

~
    Years
    Yes I totally agree with NayrExoto we just need to put all the links and stuff on that website :D

Are the other threads (Volume 17-20 release and FR/LG release) going to be deleted as wel?

Cid

Years
    I have no idea if the other threads will get deleted but it's a good thing that NayrExoto found a way...

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    So... from now on the manga will post in this "pkmntrans"?

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    mileyangel @ Serebii said:
    Pokecommunity is scanning it.

That's all Mileyangel's fault! She mentioned on SerebiiForums that we scan Pokemon Mangas. Merrick noticed that and reported us. I hope he does a DBCOYOV.

While I can forgive Mileyangel, there's no doubt it is HER who revealed our secret world to inappriorate people.

Thanks to the two, there will never be any more scans on PokeCommunity.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2008
    This sucks. I just found this site yesterday after searching forever for Pokemon Adventure scans. Luckily I was able to get volumes 15 and 16 before the links were erased.

Also, is Viz the company that would sue? That would be really stupid if it is. Why do they care? They aren't selling anything past Yellow in America. Why are we prevented from reading this awesome series just because they own the copyright from the first few volumes and are to concerned about profits to publish the rest of the series (which, from what I've heard from you guys, would be ruined by Viz anyways)? I say if they aren't going to finish the series then they sholdn't have any right to prevent us from posting the volumes that they haven't been published on this forum.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    single page (or 2) scans used to show what you mean in your post/discussion are allowed.
    PC just doesn't want to support downloading scans, scan-groups, scanlations, etc. directly. like I said talk (lots, post a pic or 2) and go ahead and link to other sites with what you need..

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    single page (or 2) scans used to show what you mean in your post/discussion are allowed.
    PC just doesn't want to support downloading scans, scan-groups, scanlations, etc. directly. like I said talk (lots, post a pic or 2) and go ahead and link to other sites with what you need..
    ok i got a few questions for you.

are you saying that we could make a anouncemnet here and say its at sites like pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net?

and if you did not want to support any scans and stuff like that why you let nicoleb thread stay there for over 2 years? or why didnt you stop it earlier before this section made many, mnay people happy that way people will go " oh i under stand" and not over 10 volumes later? where the sense in that. now im not trying to be rude, but it peaked my curiosity.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I do find it humorous that this announcement comes out of nowhere, and completely deletes our archive of links. Of course, I only find this humorous because I have all of the current scans on my HD.

Back