• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen No News Is Good News...Right?

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
  • ^AUGH! You'll jinx it!

I agree that the lack of news is kind of annoying, but it seems like it will be coming around very soon. I'd like them to reveal a little bit of information each month. Maybe starting with the final evo types, just to calm down the Fire/Fighting freaks. And maybe official character art and maybe a rival?

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    If I remember correctly, the past few games(HGSS, BW, B2W2), they only showed info in a few magazines like Corocoro, not just random moments during the coming months, if I'm remembering wrongly, sorry. :)

I also agree with Zayphora, I want them to release a little info each month, and I want this Fire/Fighting crap to end, if any of them would be part fighting, it would most likely be Froakie.
    I also want to see some more official art, maybe a Rival or a legendary trio. I want to see what kind of Ghost and Dragon types they'll introduce. :D

Years
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the game hasn't largely been developed yet. What we saw previously could be beta, or even Alpha footage. It might be a good couple months before we get anything. Nintendo has an advantage this time, having the whole market waiting instead of just a portion. As we know, once the Japanese copy releases, people are all over it, and soon their are no surprises. Nintendo I'm sure knows this well, and will be happy to keep us buzzing around. I'm sure they know plenty that a fair amount of their fanbase are already aware of the game. I'm expecting them to tease us all the way until release.

Obliveon

Burn...
    Years
  • How much info?

Just a little though provoking question for everyone.
    How much info will you try to find on X and Y?

I don't think I'm going to go past the Starters and the Legendaries this time. With Black and White I tried to find as much info as possible, so when they came out I knew the names and types of all the Pokemon before I even caught them. It was kind of a disappointment, so I'm going to try to avoid info as much as possible for X and Y.​

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Just a little though provoking question for everyone.
    How much info will you try to find on X and Y?

I don't think I'm going to go past the Starters and the Legendaries this time. With Black and White I tried to find as much info as possible, so when they came out I knew the names and types of all the Pokemon before I even caught them. It was kind of a disappointment, so I'm going to try to avoid info as much as possible for X and Y.​
    To be spoiled or not to be spoiled? That is the ultimate question every time a new generation or game is announced. Since, the topic here is relatively the same as yours, I've merged the two.

As for me? I want to know everything and anything that I can leading up to the games' release.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • As for me? I want to know everything and anything that I can leading up to the games' release.

Yup, same thing here. The lack of news is currently killing me, and I'm yearning for the new issue of CoroCoro to be released. I just tend to spoil everything ahead of time for myself as I'm not really a person that loves going into a game blindly.

Obliveon

Burn...
    Years
  • I've been trying to avoid it, but dA ended up showing me Sylveon. I didn't realize this thread was similar. I just skimmed over it and it appeared to only be concerning new info coming from Gamefreak.

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    I'm just waiting for some new information to be released! I've thought of possibly avoiding the news and go into gen 6 and be completely surprised... but it would be nearly impossible to go on PC and not hear any new news on X and Y... So yeah just waiting on the next corocoro.... which is pretty soon :) hopefully they reveal something pretty good this issue

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I tend to get a bit impatient in the slower news times. I really like hearing game news and do not mind spoilers and am unwilling to avoid forums for months. I expect small bits of news at a time, mainly in CoroCoro but probably from other sources as well, especially in later months leading up to the release.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Well, you don't really have to avoid an entire site to avoid news, just a specific forum.
    If someone wanted to stay truly spoiler-free, they'd have to stay away from the internet almost entirely. Staying away from this specific forum or any forum pertaining to news on X and Y only goes so far. While it may keep them away from finer details, it's virtually impossible to avoid seeing images or artwork of the new Pokémon and possibly in-game screen shots that would be surfacing the internet almost immediately after the news breaks online.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Well, you don't really have to avoid an entire site to avoid news, just a specific forum.

Normally I'd agree--that's what I did leading up to B2W2, just stayed away from the B2W2 forums. Then I saw a member with Champion Iris as their avatar and signature, and I didn't come back to the site at all until after I had beat Black 2.

I did go on the internet in the time between, but I stayed clear of any and all Pokémon-related sites. I even had to ask my boyfriend to skim through Bulbapedia pages to make sure they didn't have spoilers! Lol! "What if this Mienfoo page shows that N has a Mienfoo or something?!" XD

As for being spoiled, though, I consider anything "officially announced" not a spoiler--that info is stuff tPC/tPCI wants you to know before buying the game(s). And it certainly wouldn't ruin the story or such to know. It's the fan-exposed stuff that I stay away from, and with "worldwide release dates," there won't be an opportunity for that, so thankfully I don't have much to worry about this time!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It's pretty easy to avoid spoilers now, but it'll get harder when more details and new Pokémon start being revealed. News is pretty slow right now, but that should change in the next day or so.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Honestly if you want a total blackout and no spoilers, you're better off avoiding every large social networking site and related websites. Things are going to leak around all over the internet, especially on places where people share their opinions and post things they want to share with people. Plus, anything devoted to Pokémon in the slightest is going to spoil you, whether you want it to or not (unless you're super-duper careful, and in that case probs go to you!).

Obliveon

Burn...
    Years
  • Shivi is right here--and I would think tumblr is absolutely the worst when it comes to spoilers as well as twitter--so he makes quite a point when regarding that the internet is pretty much the worst place to be if you're trying to avoid spoilers, since once that small spark of news goes, it ignites a fire throughout the internet and before you know it, each and almost every single Pokemon fansite(as well as blogs, etc) would have it. x_x;

Thankfully, I don't really care too much about spoilers. xD;

Luckily for me, I don't have Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Pinterest. ^^

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • In that case you're pretty much good to go. It also helps that the leaks this month haven't revealed anything, so there's some more lack of news. For me, I just want it already =x

Obliveon

Burn...
    Years
  • XD I ended up spoiling myself last time, so I want to avoid it. Social networking is kinda stupid for me given that I live in the middle of nowhere.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah it's impossible to avoid bigger spoilers, but it's easy to avoid simple spoilers. I knew barely anything about Black and White by release and I modded it. Clearly I'm good at avoiding spoilers! I plan to try to avoid spoilers like that again, although some stuff will be hard to avoid.

I'll listen to all the news, though!

Back